eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

Familiar looking p4 on eBay, ex @SiC @Zelandeth and @calebaaront i believe, I’ve driven it and it’s a beauty, hopefully someone on here buys it and keeps it in the fold

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395116496075?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hmd8bydcssg&sssrc=2524149&ssuid=hmd8bydcssg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

IMG_0233.png

Familiar looking p4 on eBay, ex [mention=20071]SiC[/mention] [mention=21985]Zelandeth[/mention] and [mention=29782]calebaaront[/mention] i believe, I’ve driven it and it’s a beauty, hopefully someone on here buys it and keeps it in the fold
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/395116496075?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=hmd8bydcssg&sssrc=2524149&ssuid=hmd8bydcssg&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
IMG_0233.thumb.png.d06514cbaf3b8bdbf4baad22c08ed769.png
That's the same one.

15 hours ago, scdan4 said:

Only burly armed mentalists need apply. Can't imagine anything trying to fight you for the apex , assuming you could wrestle it near. 

Screenshot_20240111-214722.thumb.png.eb547c0ede70d57271483c225aff7964.png

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/155977182444?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Z9XnfixBSei&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=FzQHle6cQNW&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

That is Phil Hackers ex-race bike. He won the Forgotten Era Championship on it a couple of times, albeit with an FJ1100 engine in it, not the XJR1200 lump in it now.

So yes, the previous owner had some success racing on it.

1 hour ago, Cavcraft said:

One of the school buses I used to get might have looked like this. Anyway, I remember it having a weird remote gearshift (semi-auto?) with a little knob by the driver, and it possibly made a 'psshhh' sound when it changed gear.

Am I imagining things or was there such a thing, and if so, how does it work? 

59 minutes ago, grogee said:

One of the school buses I used to get might have looked like this. Anyway, I remember it having a weird remote gearshift (semi-auto?) with a little knob by the driver, and it possibly made a 'psshhh' sound when it changed gear.

If it made a ‘psshh’ sound it would have more likely been a Leopard with the Leyland Pneumocyclic. The Hydracyclic in the Tiger also had a small gear shifter (either dash or pedestal-mounted) but the shifter was fully electric.

6 minutes ago, 83C said:

If it made a ‘psshh’ sound it would have more likely been a Leopard with the Leyland Pneumocyclic. The Hydracyclic in the Tiger also had a small gear shifter (either dash or pedestal-mounted) but the shifter was fully electric.

Good point.  Would that body have been fitted to a Leopard though?  I thought the Leopard went out of production earlier than that.

2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

I’m amazed they’ve survived so long, most Duple products dissolved into scrap long ago. That one is on a Dennis Javelin chassis, so Cummins C-series 8.3 power (or the complete lack of). 

26 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

Good point.  Would that body have been fitted to a Leopard though?  I thought the Leopard went out of production earlier than that.

There were a few Leopards rebodied with more modern designs of bodywork over the years, such as this Duple 320:

Leopard rebody

4 hours ago, grogee said:

Talking of that 'psshhh' sound, the one and only saving grace of the Iv*co Cargo I used to drive was that the exhaust brake thing was fucked, so that sound seemed to be amplified by a 100. Bombing round Mid Wales in the Summer trying to deal with the tourists was a whole lot easier with your headlights on full beam driving a foot from their arse end pressing said exhaust brake, as they were far more inclined to get out of your way.

#soznotsoz.