What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Peugeot 205 is arguably the car that saved Peugeot from a life of building utterly uninspiring cars, but they're worth sod all. Choose your future. Choose autoshite.

Well, it gave the uninspiring cars a stay of execution (or rather introduction) instead. I agree they aren't worth much, and there are still a far few knocking around, although hte GTI is very much the exception and will be a major scene tax victim very soon

Also, the latest Sniff Petrol

Ask A Total Prick From An Internet Forum…

Dear Total Prick From An Internet Forum, We have a baby on the way and I’m going to need a more practical car. I like the look of the Nissan Qashqai and I notice the Kia Sportage is good value but now I’m reading good things about the new Mazda CX-5. Which to chose? All advice gratefully received! Neil, Warwick

A Total Prick From An Internet Forum replies… First of all, welcome to the site. Secondly, is this how you would normally introduce yourself? You just come in here and start asking questions like you own the place? Get some manners. Here’s a tip; why not go to some car showrooms and look at these cars for yourself? We are not your personal car shopping service and the sooner you realise that, the sooner you will fit in around here. Also, why the hell are you looking at cars like that? Total. Waste. Of. Time. I have a Honda Civic Type-S that does 99 percent of the things that those so called off roaders can do, it’s great to drive and it has literally never gone wrong. If you buy a fake 4×4 you’re an idiot. Okay?

Dear Total Prick From An Internet Forum, I’ve had my 2005 Golf TDI for two years now and it’s been totally fault free. However, just this week the central locking has started playing up. Sometimes it won’t unlock all the doors but if I lock it again and then unlock it that usually works. Is this a known fault with these cars? Is it worth getting it looked at or should I just live with it? Cheers! Simon, Dundee

A Total Prick From An Internet Forum replies… Let me ask you this – have you ever heard of a little thing called the search facility? It would allow you to look for other people on the site who have had similar problems without wasting everyone’s time with ridiculous threads like this. This is not some free automotive electrical consultancy you know. Also, Golf TDI? Seriously? Why would you even buy something like that unless you were a total idiot who knew nothing about cars? When I bought my Honda Civic Type-S four years ago I looked at literally every car on sale at the time and the HCT-S was literally the best car available of any kind. Why you didn’t buy one of those I cannot understand. My central locking works perfectly. There’s a reason why yours doesn’t. Is it National Idiot Day today or something?

Dear Total Prick From An Internet Forum, I’ve got a beautiful blue Citroen Saxo. I call her Sadie! Does anyone else have a Saxo! I love my Saxo!!! Claire, Guildford

A Total Prick From An Internet Forum replies… Hey Claire! Welcome to the site! Like the sound of your Saxo! Great cars! I see you’re in Guildford. That’s not far from me. You might see me around sometimes in my black Honda Civic Type-S. We should have a forum meet-up some time! Hope you’re still enjoying your Saxo! Do you have any pictures of yourself in your Saxo? Take care. TPFAIF x

Can't get on with that.

It's not so much the use of the Fiasco doors - Bond used Herald units to good effect - but, combined with the rear side windows from the same car, I can't help seeing "early Fiesta with plastic bits wobbed on either end". Which I suspect is NOT what the maker intended... :wink:

Couldnt agree more about the 205. Ace little cars, surely saved Peugeot's arse from boring old cars and the GTi is a gilt edged investment at the moment.

Driven loads of 205s from petrol to diesel and loved them, they're really under rated little cars that are surprisingly well made and mostly good fun to drive.

There WERE some really nice Mondeos, but they seem to have all been Social Services'd to death. The RS kit was a nice one, especially if you avoided Citrine Yellow (the Max Power hue of choice for '96 through '98).

My Nan and Grandads friends from the Dance Club had a Mk 2 Mondeo Ghia X V6 from new, a saloon in graphite with the EZ-Peel chrome wheels. Lovely looking thing, and the old chap kept it mint. Tragically he died and the Mondeo was left sitting there, then his wife went blind and went into a home. The Mondeo was scrapped. It was 12 years old but had only been MOT'd twice.

Sorry, the above doesn't make me grin at all:

Six issues of the Daily Express World Car Guide (1980 to 1986) landing on my desk at work this morning did cause my lips to upturn at the corners, though :-) txtspeaksmilieetc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01m81f5/Jet!_When_Britain_Ruled_the_Skies_Military_Marvels/

Interesting aero-shite documentary for those interested in British military jets. Loved the Harrier part at the end, marvellous plane, shame they've now all been sold for the "better" Typhoons.

Watched that last night around my parents. The Vulcan 558 flypast sounded phantastic through BOSE surround sound.