What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Pete, you seem to be enjoying the Jag. If you're planning on keeping it for a bit, it would be interesting to swap keys for an hour or so. I hear a lot of debates regarding s/c6 vs n/aV12.

Yeah, could do.

Next time I'll be anywhere near Norfolk in it will be on my trip back from Czech around the 25th September. Will you be around? Will your Jag?

I had an XJS V12 years ago, but the bloody thing only ran right when it felt like. Smooth and quiet, but without the sheer muscle of the XJR. The XJR can be driven like a 'normal' car most of the time and turns into a tyre smokin' loony machine with ease. I do enjoy it.

I didn't know you'd got a Jag!

Today I swapped the master cylinder for a working one from a scrapyard. I craftily bolted my old 100% unworking servo onto the back and got a whole complete working unit as a 'return' swap. It wasn't meant to work out that way, but the bloke was completely indifferent to what I had and just said swap it. :)

I also made 60 quid from parts I'll never need again, I think I've made about 400 quid so far. GR8.

The internet is actually working again. So I've used this time to send my cv to another 4 companies for them to ignore

When I lost my job in late 2008 I applied to 100 companies in the UK and abroad. I got 1 interview (which was for lip service as they didn't have to shell out of going through a recruitment agency), and rather shockingly, 1 single reply. Out of one hundred companies I applied for, I heard back from one! I thought 'fuck this' and got a job as a pizza delivery driver, I was told 'keep my chin up', but those odds are fucking impossible.

Pete, you seem to be enjoying the Jag. If you're planning on keeping it for a bit, it would be interesting to swap keys for an hour or so. I hear a lot of debates regarding s/c6 vs n/aV12.

Yeah, could do.

Next time I'll be anywhere near Norfolk in it will be on my trip back from Czech around the 25th September. Will you be around? Will your Jag?

I had an XJS V12 years ago, but the bloody thing only ran right when it felt like. Smooth and quiet, but without the sheer muscle of the XJR. The XJR can be driven like a 'normal' car most of the time and turns into a tyre smokin' loony machine with ease. I do enjoy it.

I'll pm you nearer the time - aiming to be in UK for some of Sept. Mine should be ready by then.

The nerds trying to sound tough on Robot Wars is providing the lulz at the moment.

Maybe I am a nerd for watching though...

Depends on why youre watching it I guess, if its just for the laughs and destruction then no, you arent!

I used to watch it all the time back when it was on channel two and actually decent, bare in mind this was when I wasnt even double figures. I used to hate Chaos 2. I reckon the autoshite entry was Cassius.... but Ill stop there to make sure some of you actually remember it.

I reckon the autoshite entry was Cassius....

Rex Garrod - an Autoshite hero IIR - back before 'The Great Purge' I think there was a thread all about the televisual output of Tim Hunkin and Rex Garrod. The consensus here was that it was Top Johnny.

The Secret Life of Machines - that makes me grin.

SWMBO got the birthday present she wanted. I hereby formally introduce Ollie...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

...have to say he's an adorable little fella.

Cat report: one unamused looking, one went a bit mental and the other hasn't seen him yet.

I went to Car Planet Racing in Warrington today, expecting a little garage with the odd car in. Got to a fairly innocent looking garage and inside was this huge warehouse thing, the first car on the left was a Ferrari Enzo, four new Nissan GTR's, a load of exotic Japanese racing stuff, a couple of Porsches, an old Mercedes Benz, and load of other stuff. I've never felt the 'urge' over new supercar stuff like this, but in this setting of an unassuming garage that sells imported stuff, it was completely awesome seeing all this!

Being reminded on this very forum that Wales, that country which we're about to move to, has a free prescription service. Not that I ever tend to need them, but nice to know it's there!

Only if you change your name to Dai Williams though. And live in a coal mine

Bloody nice that Pete and the colour is just about perfect, especially given that strange phase that Jag went through of making some bloody minging colours of paint.