What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

+101 on that. The Specials and The Selector are the providers of some orsumz croozin trax.

Trojans Ska box set is excellent - as well as the UK Ska revival stuff from the 70's and 80's, it also has a nice selection of early Jamaican ska. Lord Tanamo's cover of "I'm in the mood for love" is one of the most chaotic versions I have ever heard of this song but its fantastic nonetheless.

Also managed to get some half decent shite spotting done in Helsinki yesterday too. Separate thread and comments to follow in near future.

Freedom is making me grin. Goodbye 9-5. I'm now my own boss and pleasingly, work offers are already being hurled in my direction.

Also nice was just as I was leaving the office for the first time, a beautiful Daimler Straight 8 on wedding duty drove past. Bride looked quite nice too, though she did appear to be arguing with the chap in the back. Hope it wasn't her new hubbie... (maybe it was just nerves!)

Freedom is making me grin. Goodbye 9-5. I'm now my own boss and pleasingly, work offers are already being hurled in my direction.

Excellent! Might be goodbye 9-5 but in my experience its been Hello 8-8. Its worth it though!

Yeah, that is the big downside - as I think Pog discovered. Work boom! Still, the only management I can complain about it myself!

Sitting reading this in the pub in Applecross while considering another pint, logging off, going outside and enjoying the sunshine.

How did you get on with the Pass of The Cattle?

Well, considering that I'm 18 stone and 5'6"(i.e. clinically obese) and was riding this:

Posted Image

which has no granny ring - 42x28 is the lowest gear it's got! - I did pretty well. I did ride up the "easy" side, the side from Applecross itself, stopped a few times to wipe the midgie repellant and sweat from my eyes/let cars past, but got to about 450m above sea level before I ran out of gears.

This is the route on Google maps, http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sourc ... 5&t=k&z=15

The van on the other hand, had no problem coming up the hard side, we just took it steady at about 20mph for the most and dropped into 1st gear at the hairpins!

Did a tiny car show today at henstridge runway , thats irrelavent really , there was a few old planes flying about , then a model F15 C/W working jet engine which was ace ,

THEN the last still flying Lancaster bomber flew over four times , the sound was brilliant , made all my hair stand on end :D

No bloody camera on me as i didnt know this was happening

What a bonus :D:D

I see that Lancaster from time to time as my work is on the flightpath between a nearby RAF base and London. We get to see all the formations flying by for special events. Kinda surreal randomly seeing WW2 aircraft cruise over head every few weeks or so.

For the queen's birthday we saw the Eurofighters, Tornados etc fly over head in formation. Pretty awesome stuff.

The Lancaster did a low circle of our village this afternoon. I wasn't here but Papa Vin saw it. He siad it was here for the anniversary flypast for the old airbase up on Elsham Wolds.

I did see it briefly as I was on the A46 north of Nottingham (I've been to Auto Italia at Gaydon today) it was probably on it's way back to base at Coningsby. I also saw what looked like a Dakota as I approached Lincoln.

My 'rents have come to stay this weekend, and his car club mates are doing a camping weekend at Betws-y-Coed, we used to do the camp every year so I thought I'd take Ma and Pa they could have a drink and I could show off the Allegro.

First thing I heard:

"it's even a crap colour!"

A compliment for an Autoshite type, surely? :D

A Harrier Jump Jet did a fly-past (and a few hovers) of New Brighton a few years ago as part of the Wirral Show and the sound was so unbelievably immense. The most shocking thing was the time it took from actually seeing it and the sound reaching us, and it was still loud!

Part of me was wishing it would take out a few JJB sports wear wearing twats as part of the show. :o

Shanksy's pony again.

Just back from a 3.5 hour walk (must have done about nine miles or so) with little Miss CM which involved a nature trail type thing, a ferry across the river and an al fresco chip dinner in the Roman gardens.

Sometimes you can forget how nice an area you live in.

I am happy today as a random drive yesterday turned up a K10 Micra, i've been after one to rob the suspension off for the Pao, and I've just got back from buying it for £100. It's a 24K from new 2 owner job, 1.2 5 speed.

That might make the Pao a bit more bearable! :)