What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

After having a shit day, this little gem has cheered me right up...

A Touch of Frost - episode is "A Minority of One".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYc9Su3-Amc

Watch from about 4:40 onwards.....one of the best chases in a while with ultimate shite and bonus Mk3 Astra handbrake-skillz innit.

Quality. I bloody love A Touch of Frost. Didnt like the last few eps when they brought it back though - Think they should have left it tbh.

Oh and nice one with the cockgobbler trader as well. Do you think the cops had a word with him or was he genuinly a bit guilty and thought he would call back to apologise?

Quality. I bloody love A Touch of Frost. Didnt like the last few eps when they brought it back though - Think they should have left it tbh.

Oh and nice one with the cockgobbler trader as well. Do you think the cops had a word with him or was he genuinly a bit guilty and thought he would call back to apologise?

Yeah agreed Marshall, it all went downhill when he posted his Sierra into a skip :roll: Volvo was ok, but not as good as the Sierra. Don't even get me started on the Astra estate....but in general the last few eps should never have been made and now he's sort of will he/won't he come back. I think they should make another one but back to basics - more grittier like the first few series.

That was because he was guilty. My dad spoke to him and he felt bad when he said I'd phoned the police. :wink:

Even better than that...

A set of Cesaro alloys!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vauxhaul-Astra-13 ... _Wheels_ET

Only problem is that they are miles away from me. I sense a roadtrip coming on....

Probably end up a bargain price too. Especially as seller has the magical powers to fit 195/60/14 tyres to 13" wheels. And can't spell Vauxhall.

- more grittier like the first few series.

You want gritty? Read one of the original Frost books! I read one recently, and like Lovejoy, the character on the page is a lot harder than the one on screen, in so many ways.

Well done over the dodgy dealer too.

I've blasted off an email to them being cheeky and asking how much casharoonie would buy them.

I looked on AA route planner, it's not that far away from Tunny Wells, I used to see a bird from there and it took me 2 hours in the car from mine. Road trip is do-able :)

One of my junior school teachers always spelt it as vauxhaul. used to irritate the fuck out of me. I was 9 and I could spell it properly, why shouldn't a 40-odd year old man?

Last thing I heard he was working on the tills at the local Tesco. No need for spelling there or indeed, a 'vauxhaul'.

I removed the rear wheels on my new Maestro purchase to hose and scrub out all the accumilated mud and shit. My previous Maestro purchase turned out to be very rotten in these areas when the mud was cleaned away. Guess what I found. ZERO RUST. The cut out for the filler neck, the ends of the sills, the arch lips, all rust free and looking mint. Amazing. Im so happy I may even clean the rest of the car tomorrow.

On the kipping in cars thing

Fiat Tipo thats sinking into a bog ................................................................................................somewhat uncomfy

Ford Sierra shared with 3 other blokes..............................................................................................very uncomfy

Citroen BX estate with the seats down and proper foam from a camper van....................................................very nice 8)

I've blasted off an email to them being cheeky and asking how much casharoonie would buy them.

I looked on AA route planner, it's not that far away from Tunny Wells, I used to see a bird from there and it took me 2 hours in the car from mine. Road trip is do-able :)

One of my junior school teachers always spelt it as vauxhaul. used to irritate the fuck out of me. I was 9 and I could spell it properly, why shouldn't a 40-odd year old man?

Last thing I heard he was working on the tills at the local Tesco. No need for spelling there or indeed, a 'vauxhaul'.

I work in tunbridge wells mate and live in Maidstone, u need a hand collecting let me know

I used to drive out and get pissed in Liverpool and while my mates waited for a taxi, spending 2 hours in hostile environments paying 30 quid to go 10 miles, I was asleep in the back of my car with a duvet and one of the back seats folded down. I think I slept once for about 8 hours.

First time in a long time I've had some to actually smile about.

Went out and played some basketball with a few mates, not done that in years.

Feel a bit healthier due to not having a car (that works) and walking everywhere.

Got home and had a call from Father Sterling, will be going to Brussles to visit him for a few days in a couple weeks. Cant wait :D

Also, listning to early 90s Rave tunes (i.e SL2 - Way in my brain) while looking at pics of 1960s Brutalist buildings, i.e. Tricorn.

I work in tunbridge wells mate and live in Maidstone, u need a hand collecting let me know

Thanks for the kind offer Alexg, I should be ok - was planning on using the old man's car while the Astrashite goes in for a cambelt but that's had to be postponed as the mechanic has taken from today until Monday off suddenly.

So it will be good to stretch the Astrashite's legs - it hasn't sniffed a motorway for at least 12 years...

Oh Alexg, where abouts you work in twells out of interest? I vaguely know my way around - i know where the big dumping tip is and that industrial estatey bit.

Yes LordS Yes! Love the old skool hardcore, well done! I can even confess to loving the happy style up to 97. Nothing cheers me up more than digging out an old tape pack, maybe a bit of DJ Druid and MC Knight at Tazzmania, Hastings pier 1996 - only for the head strong!

Greengartside- I work on the North Farm Industrial Estate, at the Fiat, Citroen, Peugeot dealer

sounds like Chas & Dave.....

seriously though, I love Roy Harper (as a friend) 'me and my woman' off 'Stormcock' is one of my favourite songs of the 70s

edit: talking of Chas & Dave, did you know they were the session guys on this amazing Labi Siffre track, which is one of the most sampled breaks of all time. Thats right folks, Eminem is actualy Chas & Dave. I think they actually met on this session and discovred a mutual love for unfunny mockney novelty songs, and the rest is history!

I'm excited tonight, My classic car mojo has been restored again, I'm off to view a classic car tomorrow :P

Not sure if i want to give away what it is yet incase i jinx it again but lets say it's tax exempt, German, very rare in this country, 1196cc's of pure power and it's bright Orange!

haha, Hats off to (Roy) Harper. Thats the led zep song that led me to find mr H in the first place.

"watford gap, watford gap, It's a plate of grease and a load of crap" - I heard once that Blue Boar threatened to sue him over that line, and his response was "piss off"

erm, yeah.. small world! older I get, smaller it seems.

more pissing about. anyone recognise the song? I know it is something, but what? (not the bagpuss bit, that's just for someone on RR)