What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

^^ you have a far more developed visual imagination than me cheggers.

My son, who works nights, is on holiday at the moment.

Doesn't sound like anything to be particularly happy about but (another long story, apologies) my house is upside down and my sitting room is over his bedroom, which means that it is out of bounds while he is asleep - most of the time that I would occupy it.

His holidays mean that I can be in there with the laptop - the only reason I bought it, and listen to Mylène Farmer on my stereo.

I have spent years acquiring a reasonable stereo and I'm unable to use it for most of the year, same with the TV. Bought a 50" plasma to watch Mylène Farmer DVDs on, piped through the stereo, and it just sits there unused - until this weekend :)

Should be out fixing my non-working turbo but bugger that - the kids swiped my car to go to IKEA anyway, the only excuse I need to sit here with the magnificent

and an almost empty bottle of Cockburns special reserve and a warm glow.

OT maybe but there is a mention of autoshite in there somewhere.

Just for fun (and without getting 'personal') how do you imagine fellow Autoshiters, assuming you haven't met them?

Mr_Bollox

Posted Image

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

And Vodka makes that funnier.

I'm still trying to decide if it's a Panasonic 1124.

(bad enough looking at old car shite on tv and in pictures without looking at the printers too). :oops:

Back in a truck with a sleeper cab today. EVERYONE should have somewhere at work for a quick 40 winks. How you office people cope is beyond me.

Shut two doors, hide in comfy chair away from window.

Tip: have some tedious works manual type thing open on the desk in front of you in case the gaffer walks in.

Back in a truck with a sleeper cab today. EVERYONE should have somewhere at work for a quick 40 winks. How you office people cope is beyond me.

Shut two doors, hide in comfy chair away from window.

Tip: have some tedious works manual type thing open on the desk in front of you in case the gaffer walks in.

:shock:

TMI!!!

:D

If I ever indulge in some 'menage et un' action at work I will possibly do a 'Stu CDX' on the big cheese's car bonnet.

However I'd rather pay them in kind and defecate from the top of the HQ. Just so they know how it feels.

I like the idea of catching 40 winks in the back of a truck cab, like a little home away from home. I'm sure in reality it's not really that cosy.

I slept in the back of my Whizzkid, I woke up shocked at about 5am with a sharp pain through my entire body. I had to disassemble the seat to make more room.

Good news Trigger, hope that's spruced up your 'old car buying mojo'.

On the subject of sleeping in cars, if I'm very tired and been driving for a long time I'll drive into a layby and fall half-asleep, then jolt myself awake imagining I've fallen asleep at the wheel while driving. Fugging hate that feeling.

The most luxo car sleeping experience is owning a decent sized estate and an airbed.

Thanks guys, I should have really rang about that Corsair today but I'm struggling to decide what i think if them, I've always seen them as the Cortina's ugly brother?.

On another note, whilst queuing in the Co-op earlier the old girl in the queue behind me managed to drop her false teeth out of her mouth and on to the conveyor belt past me :?

I like the idea of catching 40 winks in the back of a truck cab, like a little home away from home. I'm sure in reality it's not really that cosy.

I slept in the back of my Whizzkid, I woke up shocked at about 5am with a sharp pain through my entire body. I had to disassemble the seat to make more room.

Actually they are VERY comfortable! Particually in winter with the night heater on and the lights down low.

Sleeping in cars is often painful. .

Unless it's you and two mates kipping all night in a Talbot Solara outside the old Simca factory in Poissy, just outside Paris!!! Ahhhhhh...bliss!

I guess it was just like being a big Elvis fan and kipping outside Graceland in a ...whatever Elvis drove.

I've never been comfy kipping in a car... I've tried it a couple of times at shows (once, got there too late to find room for tent, and then when I took a tent but no poles) and always been very uncomfortable with incredibly cold feet.

I did find though, a beetle with the passenger and rear seats removed fits me perfectly - feet up front, and the rear frame raises up and supports your neck. Very comfy in fact! No scope for turning over in the night though, without a face full of regulator.

I slept for ten nights at Loch Morlich in my Hillman Avenger Estate once. I just lifted the mattress and bedclothes off my bed and threw them in the back of the car.

I had an electric heater standing on the front seats so the 6" of snow on the bonnet after the first night didn't bother me at all. :D

I slept in my 306 every night for nearly two months in the second year of Uni, when my bitch of a housemate changed the locks on the doors so I couldn't get in.

I used to drive to various parts of the campus and use the shower block in the science labs to stay clean. At weekends a couple of friends ran the rugby squad and let me use the showers near the sports pitches.

I was proper comfy, I had three quilts and a sleeping bag and folded the back seats down to make a double bed.

Then, after breaking in twice to my house to get the stuff that I needed, another housemate copied her key, and I got back in.

Her dad tried to have me arrested like, but I got back in the house eventually. I told the landlady what had gone on and bitchgirl had to pay my share of the rent for two months as well :D

After having a shit day, this little gem has cheered me right up...

A Touch of Frost - episode is "A Minority of One".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYc9Su3-Amc

Watch from about 4:40 onwards.....one of the best chases in a while with ultimate shite and bonus Mk3 Astra handbrake-skillz innit.

Always remember the letter in Viz saying 'With the old height restriction in the police force, how did Frost become a policeman in the 1st place'...

After having a shit day, this little gem has cheered me right up...

A Touch of Frost - episode is "A Minority of One".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYc9Su3-Amc

Watch from about 4:40 onwards.....one of the best chases in a while with ultimate shite and bonus Mk3 Astra handbrake-skillz innit.

Makes Heartbeat look like BTCC, top stuff!