NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?

HMC

I've heard that once Ripon has finished on Strictly she is going to reprise her Top Gear role and do reviews of electric SUVs, and how difficult it is to load stuff into them, and do mobility scooter reviews all aimed at the older audience. The show will be shown on BBC4 at 1.00am on a Wednesday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

I've heard that once Ripon has finished on Strictly she is going to reprise her Top Gear role and do reviews of electric SUVs, and how difficult it is to load stuff into them, and do mobility scooter reviews all aimed at the older audience. The show will be shown on BBC4 at 1.00am on a Wednesday.

To be fair I’d definitely watch that 

17 minutes ago, SiC said:

Is that Tiff? Whoever it is, it looks like they're about to shit their pants. 

It’s is and I think he pretty he probably has.

The roll bars look pretty useless they’re below the head line .

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2023 at 16:18, Rocket88 said:

My least favourite ( and he’s got strong competition) TG presenter

I liked ol' Spliff Needle. He could at least drive well.

• Like 3

On 19/10/2023 at 16:18, Rocket88 said:

My least favourite ( and he’s got strong competition) TG presenter

I quite like Tiffany Dell, he's OK on 5th Gear and way better than that shouty ginger cunt off Radio 2 they had for a series, can't even remember his name now, Chris something? 

I hope TG returns, surely there's room for a silly car related show on mainstream TV. I know the BBC's pretty much had it but it was nothing if not a fantastic revenue earner.

• HMC changed the title to NEW New new new New top gear ON HOLD, RIP?
On 21/11/2023 at 19:42, Rocket88 said:

Guy Martin , Martin Brundle and Steve Parrish

I love Guy Martin’s programmes but I don’t think the BBC can afford another stunt accident and with some of Guy’s stuff, I think he’s living on borrowed time.

Brundle would be useless on “Star in a reasonably priced car” because the celebs would just ignore him.

Don’t know much about Parrish but I would have thought his experience overlaps too much with Martin.

I’m glad they’ve put it to bed to be honest, it was just becoming a parody of itself. Time for something new, what about ‘Banging about on a Shoestring’ with Peter Sissons where each week he gives an auction round up and visits a different branch of Copart each week. ‘Haemorrhaging The Little Spare Cash you Have’ with Martin Lewis and Angela Rippon each week buying something completely outside the realms of their affordability like a £1,500 Jaguar XF Ingenium from the back of a chip shop in Blackpool which won’t run right. 

49 minutes ago, sierraman said:

I’m glad they’ve put it to bed to be honest, it was just becoming a parody of itself. Time for something new, what about ‘Banging about on a Shoestring’ with Peter Sissons where each week he gives an auction round up and visits a different branch of Copart each week. ‘Haemorrhaging The Little Spare Cash you Have’ with Martin Lewis and Angela Rippon each week buying something completely outside the realms of their affordability like a £1,500 Jaguar XF Ingenium from the back of a chip shop in Blackpool which won’t run right. 

No more auctions! I like Bangers and Cash but TV is awash with auctions of every kind, and do you remember Angela Rippon on top gear???

11 minutes ago, Metal Guru said:

No more auctions! I like Bangers and Cash but TV is awash with auctions of every kind, and do you remember Angela Rippon on top gear???

No but I’m sure she is the bollocks when it comes to Jaguar ingenium rebuilds. 

Never mind Top Gear being over, Telly itself is over.

Now I am accustomed to You Tube stuff and how focussed it is on exactly the one subject that is the reason I am watching I cannot go back to the superficiality and artificiality of  21st century TV.

For me it’s a shame top gear is no more as I’ve watched it from the early days, but in recent years it has become a parody of itself as eluded to by sierraman,  but the BBC have probably been looking for a way to drop it for a good few years now as it doesn’t fit in with their climate change obsession agenda.

On 23/11/2023 at 18:28, Asimo said:

Never mind Top Gear being over, Telly itself is over.

Now I am accustomed to You Tube stuff and how focussed it is on exactly the one subject that is the reason I am watching I cannot go back to the superficiality and artificiality of  21st century TV.

I struggle to get passed the atrocious production values 

Have to say stopped watching it years ago when it became  all about 'that' presenter and the scripted hilarity*.  The fact they got another insufferable arsewipe (McGuiness) in tells it's own story, really.

Bangers & Cash is a million times better/more watchable and Henry Cole and his cohorts are rapidly growing on me.

7 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Have to say stopped watching it years ago when it became  all about 'that' presenter and the scripted hilarity*.  The fact they got another insufferable arsewipe (McGuiness) in tells it's own story, really.

Bangers & Cash is a million times better/more watchable and Henry Cole and his cohorts are rapidly growing on me.

Near the end of the Clarkson/May/Hammond era I stopped watching because, for me anyway, it became about egos and certainly not about cars.

Three blokes fucking about - albeit with cars in the background - deffo has a shelf life.

Still room for top gear - but not like the one of the last twenty years.

Thing is car reviews are now all over Youtube so i don't see that format working.

The blokey geezer stuff has now definitely run its irritating course.

I think the BBC should save a few quid & just let it die.