MOT history of this vehicle

• Test date26 May 2016
  • Expiry date5 June 2017
  • Test ResultPass
  • Odometer reading89,732 miles
  • MOT test number7597 8004 0756
  • Advisory notice item(s)

Under body covered in thick underseal
    nearside front Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)
    offside front Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)
    offside rear Tie bar/rod has slight play in a pin/bush (2.4.G.2)
    nearside front inner Track rod end ball joint has slight play (2.2.B.1f)
    Suspension weakened but no possibility of the body or a component fouling a road wheel (2.4.A.1b)

How flippin thick must that underseal be?

You just know it's some home-brew mix of creosote, tar, asbestos and golden Virginia applied by brush as well.

Applied twice annually.

The MOT history makes for DIRE reading. Seems it's been in a state of fucked for over a decade. I'm assuming there is no option for an MOT tester to just say 'it's fucked in every way possible'.

Hold on, so the back has actually bent over the rear axle? Holy shit, hold on for this being the new vag scene look

TADTS, it's just that they normally either got scrapped or welded up into an approximation of the right shape.

I knew a bloke that nicked slates off old buildings to sell to reclamation yards, he had a succession of Transit pickups with D -Series springs or summat, eventually the chassis snapped like a 4 year old Navarra. Maybe ihes gone even more stealth and its him.

Oooph, that's a spot and a half is that Bol.

I reckon it has some rear arch repairs grafted on at some time, plenty of wag and some re-sculpturing.  

Probably no chance of the rear shocks getting a advise for 'misting' the oil has probably long gone.

Mk5's have quite a following these days, as do most model 'Tinas'.  I can see this one on the bay in a few years time, advertised as 'mint' and 'well maintained'

I'm just wondering how the rear side windows haven't simply popped out. Certainly, if one broke I'd wager you'd never get another one in!

That aside, I'm genuinely awe-struck by that thing having a current MOT 8)

I think the weight of the under seal is pulling the car down, and the side windows are now structural bracing members. Incredible how it's managed to stay on the road in that state

• Like 2