Mr_SPudz ASTONISHING SHITE SPOT

Mr_Bo11ox

Guest Breadvan72

Right, Monday morning I'm ringing up the MOT place in Somercotes and booking the Rancho in for Wednesday.

WCPGW.

Yep, on this showing, that MoT tester would likely have passed the 1300 Betakoop of manys wobbings.  I may trailer my fucked XJS over there, push it into the bay, and wait a couple of minutes for my fresh ticket.

That cortina used to be on a private plate starting with stu. Was a taxi from about 2 years old till early 90s. The driver bought it off the company and used it for his own car. Still in daily use. It's been there as long as i can remember and I'm 29. Only been back on that number plate for around 1.5 years. Back doors don't open and it pogos it's way down the road. Can spot it a mile off in the dark. Dim lights trying to guide in airplanes.

Do you reckon it's been welded?

exsesiv welding repers to floors and chasis ereas

excessive welding repers to vehicle

this vehicle is excessively welded in places

exesesiv weling repers to vehicle

chassey and floor exesivley reperd

It's not been advisoried for excessive welding since 2011, so that underseal must be doing the trick.

If this ever comes up for sale, the Autoshite collective must act immediately.  

I do like the approach of applying more and more underseal until the patchwork of welding is no longer visible.  Those sills do look pretty crispy but of course that is rather the least of its problems - what's actually happened to it though?  Presumably something structural has broken internally around the rear suspension turrets?  Never seen anything like that before.  

Given the wonky shell and that the shock absorbers have probably been bone dry since John Major was in charge, I wonder what it drives like?  I suspect not well.

I don't even know what this shape Cortina estate looks like from the factory, the only ones I remember seeing growing up had saggy arses, though not to this impressive degree.  There ought to be a museum for this sort of thing, open on Monday afternoon, Wednesday teatime and Friday for 3 hours at some point, sometimes consecutively.