Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Travelodge carpark still has that car - Been there since around Christmas. Its a Nissan Primera.

018_zpsze8d1cpx.jpg

017_zpsa7kwxnhc.jpg

016_zpsgshfijm7.jpg

014_zpsmdfnnh7v.jpg

Just show how fire retardant a shite 19 quid door is from q & b :)

This hasnt turned a wheel since last November.

13100689_585762264945348_771008849227159

I thought it was a HDi but interweb suggests DW8 which may be why - oddly still taxed.

13083218_586149974906577_665359630314970

Its in Lostock Hole if anyone feels like dragging it away because the Council sure as hell wont.

The DVLA have clamped the Avensis now and put the usual big yellow proclamation on the side window. What a waste of time and money, it's clearly abandoned and no good will come of the extra administration involved in clamping it.

Fiesta dragged and fragged.

Tidy looking golf GTI is now lurking about with its towing eye winking out of the bumper.

I believe some local gentlemen were using it for making deliveries of the narcotic order.

Abandoned Grand Voyager with no plates is gone - its plate (cheap private job) has been transferred on to a 2004 Mini Convertible that has taken its old driveway space.

Pub car park at the bottom of the hill I live on has a dark green flat tyred early Focus languishing in it.

Include the postcode mate , I'm on my way with a trailer  :-D

'dumped' car in NI that no one has touched for years, hmmm, rather you than me but whatever you do DONT CUT THE RED WIRE!

Spotted but no pics; A Grey Mk2 Ford Focus on the side of the road somewhere in North London near the North Circular that leads to the M1. Front lights and grille missing, various dents, missing drivers window and missing number plates.

Another Focus, this time a Mk1.5 spotted today somewhere near Sheffield near the railway line, parked next to an abandoned boarded up building, Focus had a smashed drivers window.

Was amazed the 7-Series BMW (in remarkably good condition) near me I mentioned here some time back was still there after over two months when I went past the other day. 

Last week I was on holiday in Lyme Regis and all week there was an early Focus on one of the main roads out of the town, which didn't look as if it had moved for some time and had DVLA sticker on it. Two questions:

Why would anyone abandon a Focus that looked complete and undamaged; it must have at least a bit of value as a breaker?

and

If you are going to abandon a car, why do it on a main road in a popular seaside resort?

On an even stranger note, in the old railway station yard there is the shell of a Mark IV Jaguar clearly visible on top of a container (or possibly a portakabin). It was there three years ago, but I would have thought that would have made an ideal project.

There is a Saab 9-3 dumped on the A13 just passed the Canning Town Flyover. I saw it the day after it was dumped, and it was missing the front bumper and headlights but otherwise looked good.

10 days on, it has gained a mattress and other assorted junk inside the car. Someone is using it as a skip.

...an early Focus on one of the main roads out of the town, which didn't look as if it had moved for some time and had DVLA sticker on it. Two questions:

Why would anyone abandon a Focus that looked complete and undamaged; it must have at least a bit of value as a breaker?

and

If you are going to abandon a car, why do it on a main road in a popular seaside resort?

There are many reasons, 2 that spring to mind are...

Scrap prices being on it's arse and peoples personal circumstances; Let's just say a non-car savvy person wants rid of thier current car which is pretty much worthless in today's market, they have no where to store it and have already tried to sell it through the usual means without success. It might be easier and tempting to register the car in a fake name, then leave it at the side of the road for the DVLA to clear up. Registering it in a fake name/address means you won't have the hassle of the DVLA on your back pining after a fine because it was "sold" on and the V5 is now registered to another name. If it's left somewhere publicly accessible and even busy, someone might be more inclined to report it to the DVLA who'll jump at getting it clamped/impounded.

Also, another reason might be that sometimes cars are often 'bought' and used for criminal purposes, once the cars usefulness is up, they are sometimes left at the side of the road. Again, because of registering it in a fake name/address the DVLA can't pursue a non-existant person.

...or the car breaks down and is abandoned where it stops.

There's a Puma in a layby on A42 North near Nottingham and a Mk5 Fiesta in a layby on the A42 south next to the A444 turn off, both been there for months and so far untouched. Both appear to have notes on the dashboard too, although I haven't stopped to look.