Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

Apparently that 308 is valued at £2260 to £3285 by Parkers online valuation, get you laughed out of the showroom by any main dealer dot com so have to wonder if something is not right with the rightful owner;

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/prices/used/peugeot/308/hatchback-2007/40064/?yearplate=87&vrmlookup=true

There's a woman in our street who drives some real chod. A few years ago I freed up a seized rear drum on a Mazda 323 she was driving at the time. She told me she buys cars at auction, drives them till they expire then gets another. That was the last time we spoke.

Anyway, currently she's currently got a mk2 punto which shares driving duties with a Citroën synergie held together with masking tape.

Of more interest to me is the mk4 disastra she has - this hasn't moved in months and is minus its front bumper.

How does one usually approach these things? I have a feeling she wants more than scrap money for it otherwise it would be away already - I have to live near her so don't want to insult her but as scraps on its arse it would cost her money to get shot

Thing is you can leave cars in our estate for months or longer with no tax/mot/insurance so she's not likely to get any bother over it either

Just make sure when you are asking this woman across the road if she's got any plans, that she knows you are on about the car, otherwise she might think you are asking her out. Top tip there.

Maybe I should let SWMBO do the asking then.

However I can't imagine that conversation would go terribly well. I think id get as far as "you know that minging astra up the street with no front bumper...." before she'd have the one eyebrow raised glare of "don't even think about it"

I don't mind the Astra mk4, not a bad car, but with a good one worth £6-700 it's not worth the fucking about if it's shot. If it just wants a few jobs then it's worth a punt, but if it wants big work to get it to run again I'd forget it. I mean it's hardly like dragging a Lonsdale yd41 from a barn and lovingly restoring it is it.

2016-02-01%2015.38.54_zpso9fe1kmd.jpg

...just wondering if its driver was a bit elderly and has had a shunt and been hospitalised since.

Judging by the disabled sticker on the rear, which shows a wheelchair user slipping a ponytailed sort one, I'm not so sure. I bet it's some local whippersnapper leaving a carpark meet trying to give it all guns to some bewildered bloke in a Celica, and then stuffing it.

^^You dont even know what you are talking about.

In what way? There's literally thousands of them still trundling round in working condition and plenty available for £300-1000 working so why would anyone bother with one that's been sat round, presumably for a reason and missing bodywork?

In what way? There's literally thousands of them still trundling round in working condition and plenty available for £300-1000 working so why would anyone bother with one that's been sat round, presumably for a reason and missing bodywork?

I've come across a lot of cars that have been scrapped or sold because of faults that don't cost much in parts - its the labour, if you can't fix it yourself and someone wants £300 to do the work.... got my last Felicia in similar circumstances, failed MOT on corroded brake pipes. Took me a weekend to fix in a leisurely fashion and cost me around £20, and that was replacing the entire system with copper. Think the owner had been quoted £200 to fix

There is a Renault Clio in a layby on the A11 near Norwich, it's been the a few weeks now and it's having more windows put through on a weekly basis.

Can't help thinking the local vandals a mere amateurs as in my day it would have been burnt out within a week!

Think it's an 04 plate will get some pics next time I'm near.

Dumped by the old railway line between Netherburn and Tillietudlem.

post-612-0-99236700-1456215097_thumb.jpg

There's a Pug 406 on the first storey of Enoch Q-Park in Glasgow that's been there for quite a while. What's to stop someone whipping off the front number plate of the Pug, attaching it to another car, arriving at the barrier, taking a ticket, not driving through the barrier, put the plate back on the Pug, pump up the tyres, "gaining entry" (ahem), charge the battery, fresh fuel, then drive it out for the cost of an hour's parking? It is Glasgow after all.

Apart from the lack of T&T, insurance, dubious legality of any of the above. But it is Glasgow after all.

• 2 weeks later...