Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

After originally posting 'Don't get cars dumped in my area' - I went to my local co-op down the road from me last week to see a P-reg BMW 728 in that nice very dark green looking pretty tidy and un-munted sitting in their car park with a dayglo council disposal sticker on it dated 19th Feb. Was complete and looked roadworthy other than soft tyres but the engine &/or tranny may well be FUBAR so who knows why it's there. 

Don't go there much so no idea when it showed up but did have a note taped to it saying "Don't scrap it - call Gary on <mobile no>". 

I tried the reg in the MoT site but I must have got it wrong as it didn't show up. (thought it was P787YPX).

Might try to swing by tomorrow to see if it's still there and take the reggo again. 

Still there this morning - reg is P787YFX (not YPX - bloody dyslexia) - last MoT expired end Feb 2015, 170K miles at test time. Bunch of suspension issues last time but all sorted, only a couple of minor advisories. Given this & the general condition I assume it's a major mechanical issue that's grounded it. 

The Passat that I pictured earlier which subsequently disappeared, reappeared again in almost the same spot as before, with the same flat tyre. It's gone again. There is also now an 04 plate KA in the same car park, flat tyre, been sitting about 2 or 3 weeks. It looks quite tidy and has a child seat fitted, the latter being a strange thing to abandon as a lot of families only have the one and they're not cheap. I've just run the reg through the MOT site and it's had only a few advisories in its whole life, none of which are for corrosion which is almost unheard of for these! The Avensis has remained throughout.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest bangerfan101

Vauxhall viva with a window full of auction, scrapyard info written all over it.

Sat in a private car park in Tadcaster this morning

She was tender

There's been a facelift Laguna 1 sat in the truckers layby between Measham Auctions and the M42 for about two weeks. Today it seems to be missing a wing mirror so either a trucker has got pissed off with it taking up room, or someone has started gently picking at it before the inevitable removal/fire.

That stretch of road seems prime for dumping, there was a burgundy Punto outside a farm gate just a bit further down that was there two weeks, gained a bit Police sticker, and then disappeared. I suppose it could be people buying crap from the Auctions and it only making it a mile down the road, but I thought Measham was more of a lease car disposal / nearly new fleet sort of auction these days.

The street leads to at least two scrap yards, a concrete plant, Brent Council's waste depot, a road/rail interchange for spoil from the Crossrail project and God knows what else.  Hence the enormous amount of crap landing on anything that stands still for two minutes.  I'm surprised the post box is still red tbh.

I know what you mean, although the Saab and A-Class above are deffo dumped.  Have you ever been in the underground car park at Marble Arch?  There's a load of dusty motors down there.

Not sure what went on here:

FAA06298-2E98-4E3B-BE79-D15C9ACDCE52_zps

Pretty sure that road sweeper runs a Perkins Prima turbodiesel.

Or a Montego engine to the general public....