Dumped cars in your area

D Spares & Tyres

U Pull It had a red J reg 1.4L Orion that had exactly the scenario so well written about above. It was an early Mark 5 and as well as having about 70k on the clock had all the owners handbooks and inside the actual handbook was a photo of the car, gleaming on the owner's drive. It had a small notebook with mileage and fuel used, the mark of a car treated as an investment of several thousand pounds.

Then, some fucking moron got hold of it. It had one of those wanky VW surf rat look type stickers on the boot and had clearly had the living shit kicked out of it - not physical damage but serious abuse. I was going to say "I can't believe the sheer wanton stupidity of folk' but sadly, I see it every day.

2016-02-01%2015.38.54_zpso9fe1kmd.jpg

8885d2dc-bb7b-4c4b-a09f-730b20d2132d_zps

This has now been sitting on the slip road on to the A2 coming out of Bluewater Shopping Centre for well over a month.

Its a locally registered car still with tax and mot on it.,just wondering if its driver was a bit elderly and has had a shunt and been hospitalised since.

Paging R9UKE to the beige courtesy phone.....

Sad case of a mid-90s Honda Accord sitting along the shoulder of I-275, near the main bridge from Kentucky into Cincinnati. Looked like its left rear wheel was bent at about a 45-degree angle. Probably hobbled up the off-ramp nearby then laid down for its final rest.

Not sure if it's still there, but it sat for a week or two.

We're posh in Bexhill as we just dump our Jags and go and buy something else lol

post-9282-0-44306600-1457943938_thumb.png

It's parked on a very busy road and I wouldn't want to leave my motor parked in the same place..

It looks like the mirror has already taken a hit.

I also saw a tidy looking 03 corsa in pogweasle pink dumped around the corner with the same type of clamp on a couple of months ago..

I just wanted to get the compound out and bring the paint back to life as I felt so sorry for it lol

Couple on the A11 on Friday, a Corsa around a 'Y' with Police Aware stickers on it in a farm access I think. A green T reg Astra on the other side on the new bit in Suffolk in the middle of nowhere, and I think an MG ZR in a layby that I spotted on the way back

attachicon.gifIMAG5028.jpg

I felt so sorry for this 78,000 mile Astra Merit(!) that some cretin has clearly had his wicked way with prior to dumpage that I wrote a story about it.

Is it still around? Someone needs to save it. Seriously. If it means the chav damage is reversed and it means it'll hit Tarmac once again, it'll be the ultimate anti-chav win yet. Or is it totally wrecked/scrapped already?

MOT history over the last few years suggest it was a good car...

"Registration number: L212GYX

Vehicle makeVAUXHALL Vehicle modelASTRA Date first used27 January 1994 Fuel typePetrol ColourRed

MOT history of this vehicle

Test date30 January 2014 Expiry date30 January 2015 Test ResultPass Odometer reading71,229 miles MOT test number6494 4063 4011 Advisory notice item(s)

Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt

Test date29 January 2014 Test ResultFail Odometer reading71,229 miles MOT test number9091 7932 4071 Reason(s) for failure

Nearside Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)

Offside Front Brake pad(s) less than 1.5 mm thick (3.5.1g)

Rear Exhaust has a major leak of exhaust gases (7.1.2)

Advisory notice item(s)

Child seat fitted not allowing full inspection of adult belt

Under-trays fitted obscuring some underside components

Test date31 January 2013 Expiry date30 January 2014 Test ResultPass Odometer reading68,853 miles MOT test number4455 4103 3034

Test date31 January 2013 Test ResultFail Odometer reading68,853 miles MOT test number6166 8153 3063 Reason(s) for failure

Nearside Rear Stop lamp not working (1.2.1b)

Test date25 August 2011 Expiry date24 August 2012 Test ResultPass Odometer reading63,651 miles MOT test number9672 9753 1247

Test date19 August 2010 Expiry date18 August 2011 Test ResultPass Odometer reading58,269 miles MOT test number6630 2163 0250

Test date28 May 2009 Expiry date28 May 2010 Test ResultPass Odometer reading56,089 miles MOT test number7045 8854 9116

Test date29 May 2008 Expiry date28 May 2009 Test ResultPass Odometer reading53,911 miles MOT test number8740 4095 8151 Advisory notice item(s)

Steering system has slight free play detected at steering wheel (2.2.A.1b)

Oil leak

Test date13 March 2007 Expiry date30 March 2008 Test ResultPass Odometer reading52,132 miles MOT test number8946 2297 7053

Test date7 March 2006 Expiry date30 March 2007 Test ResultPass Odometer reading50,113 miles MOT test number9746 7676 6068"

We really need to save that Astra - just to stick two fingers up at the jizz bubbles who smashed the windows in and rattle canned one side of it. It does deserve to have a second chance on the road. The glass could be replaced easily enough with replacement windows and tailgate and you could probably have a go at nitromors-ing the black paint off (as it takes one layer of paint off) or some good thinners? A replacement grille and a couple of tyres would probably see it right.

Loved the story too, Roadwork. Probably scarily accurate to what actually occurred during it's motoring lifetime.

Looking back on the M.o.T notes, it seemed to have a child seat fitted at one point. Good enough for a small child to be driven round in, now just another example of a throwaway society we live in. The registered owner should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

Travelodge carpark still has that car - Been there since around Christmas. Its a Nissan Primera.

...and it's still there! In fact it's gained more rubbish, there's fence panels and all sorts wedged into it.

Wonder if Travelodge are aware that it's not the most welcoming sight as you pull into their carpark?

There's a Corsa C one street over from me that has the world's largest collection of bird poo on. I never see it move either. Had assumed that it was dumped but it was MOT'd last month, they must just get in and screenwash the muck off the screen then go.

After originally posting 'Don't get cars dumped in my area' - I went to my local co-op down the road from me last week to see a P-reg BMW 728 in that nice very dark green looking pretty tidy and un-munted sitting in their car park with a dayglo council disposal sticker on it dated 19th Feb. Was complete and looked roadworthy other than soft tyres but the engine &/or tranny may well be FUBAR so who knows why it's there. 

Don't go there much so no idea when it showed up but did have a note taped to it saying "Don't scrap it - call Gary on <mobile no>". 

I tried the reg in the MoT site but I must have got it wrong as it didn't show up. (thought it was P787YPX).

Might try to swing by tomorrow to see if it's still there and take the reggo again. 

Correct. A friend used to work in a PewJoe bodyshop in the late 90s and used to chuckle about the new booted 'sedan' 306. Crazy French, trying to sound all Amurican.

All I can think of now is how much the folk on the 306 forums used to love the Sedans.

I remember one utter lunatic doing an interesting conversion. Turns out all 306s have the same wheelbase. So... he took the doors, B-pillar and rear quarter panels from a 3 door and welded them into a Sedan shell, making a 'coupe' then chucked in the entire drivetrain from a GTi-6. It looked AWESOME. :D