Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - what date should the next FoD be?

Six-cylinder

20 hours ago, BL Bloke said:

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

.          Weird Car “alternative”.

.         BL Bloke

• Crackers

26/27/28 August

·         Six-cylinder

.         BL Bloke

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

• Crackers

1 minute ago, chaseracer said:

I really enjoyed being a conducteur de taxi Parisien in that last year.  Can I do it again, please? 😎

I will ask the red legged partridge if that is ok!

12/13 August

·         Six-cylinder

.          Weird Car “alternative”.

.         BL Bloke

.       Crackers

.       AnthonyG

.       juular

26/27/28 August

·         Six-cylinder

.         BL Bloke

.       RobT

.       juular

2/3 September

·         Six-cylinder

.       Crackers

.       AnthonyG

.       mat_the_cat

.       juular

I think that's brought it up to date! I'm tempted by Radwood as I've never been; is it like FOTU where the car park is part of the show? It may be a suitable target for getting the Stellar fixed!

Field of Dreams is go for 12/13 August. 

My plan subject to it being dry is get all our running cars to the FoD and photograph them. I will need help with that to drive some of our cars from our house and storage please. We will tow any cars that roll at the FoD to get them in photos.

While I can take some snaps, help with better photography would also be appreciated. A decent camera, good eye for some different grouping shots and maybe a drone. Step ladder can be supplied!

Maybe some drive by shots can be taken as we bring the cars to the FoD.

Further dates still under review.

• Six-cylinder changed the title to .
  • Six-cylinder changed the title to Six Cylinders Motoring Notes - First FoD date set for 12/13 Aug.

I shall put it in my diary, but the 13th is my parent’s wedding anniversary and we may have a family do. 57 years!

On 7/13/2023 at 1:15 PM, Six-cylinder said:

Pick some dates for next FoD?

12/13 August

26/27/28 August

2/3 September

IMG_20220901_123438 broad.jpg

Cannot. Working. Many sads.

• Sad 1

Gah I can do probably all other dates inc this weekend bar that one! 

However I'll drop @catsinthewelder's tent off either before or on the morning of the 12th (driving to mums to re-pack both cars on the sat so mine has more weight and theirs doesn't so I could pop it by the front door of the house? Can't come to to the FoD as Charlie will just scream all the way to wells 🤣). Or if I see mum earlier I'll leave it with them

• Thanks 1

I'll bring my camera up as usual. Not got such an eye for the static stuff, although I can try, but drive-by shots are much more up my alley. 

• Like 2

Back to working on Error 404 Monday evening, my friend Colin came over from Milton Keynes and worked his magic. A good coating of Bilt Hamber Anti-corrosion wax on the inner wing area and inside the new wing. When I got the car it came with pattern part new replacement wings loosely hung in place with a few bolts, Colin has spent some time making them fit better. Unfortunately darkness fell upon us before we could refit the lights, Colin says he will return next week to finish.

It seems to be taking forever to get the car back on the road, but that is because Mrs6C and Colin are trying to raise my standards and not just slap it back together for a first proper drive.

IMG_20230717_185252 broad.jpg

IMG_20230717_185448 broad.jpg

IMG_20230717_210854 broad.jpg

• Like 4

It was Triumph Sports Six Club Oxford last night, my Toledo and Vitesse are in storage and I did not have time to get them out so Andyrew had kindly offered to let me use his Allegro that was parked at my place. He needed to bring me the keys but in the end took the Allegro away and lent me his Spitfire IV so I had a club car to take.

Mrs6C came with me and remarked it was 20 years since we had driven together in a Spitfire and that was in the USA

IMG_20230718_172828 broad.jpg

• Like 5

I'll swing over on Saturday afternoon, following the Pistonheads thing at Bicester Heritage.  I'll probably take the Dyane, just to annoy the PBCDs...

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

Back to working on Error 404 Monday evening, my friend Colin came over from Milton Keynes and worked his magic. A good coating of Bilt Hamber Anti-corrosion wax on the inner wing area and inside the new wing. When I got the car it came with pattern part new replacement wings loosely hung in place with a few bolts, Colin has spent some time making them fit better. Unfortunately darkness fell upon us before we could refit the lights for Colin says he will return next week to finish.

It seems to be taking forever to get the car back on the road, but that is because Mrs6C and Colin are trying to raise my standards and not just slap it back together for a first proper drive.

IMG_20230717_185252 broad.jpg

IMG_20230717_210854 broad.jpg

Bonus points for the AS-style bonnet stay!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Bonus points for the AS-style bonnet stay!

This is because two of the four bonnet springs are missing as they have pulled through the mounting. Colin has found me some replacement springs from an old trampoline, but before I can fit them I have to get the mounting point welded up.  

IMG_20230624_151454 crop with arrow.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Six-cylinder said:

While no car car work was achieved over the weekend my @richardmorris Mercedes E320 Coupe did a splendid job of transporting me to North Wales and back. Almost 30 mpg on the way up.

IMG_20230715_212259 broad.jpg

It really is a very capable daily.