Breaker Breaker! Poss Peugoet 205 turbodiesel breaking!

M'coli

I took the 205 Sceptre for an MOT, 3 months ahead of time - amongst other things, it needs the inner sills welding to pass, which might just be a tank-out job to sort.  It's out of tax at the end of the month, so rather than weld it up, MOT it, and sell it - because I'm bored of it - I've thought of breaking it.

Anyone fancy owt from it?  I know Chaseracer was after a bonnet, the rear beam's good, the discs were renewed before I bought it, the engine's tip-top apart from a little oil leak and had a cambelt and heid gasket 14000 miles ago, and the radiator - £180 retail - is a couple of years old, but I may hang onto this.

It also has a Vodafone-branded 90s Ericsson in-car phone kit with aerial through the rear window.

I'm also tempted to hold on to the registration number...

Go on, make me a list!

1794747_10152069614074773_1147950114_n.j

That's a good question! This Lucas-pumped beauty is rammed full of dino-juice at the moment, so that's £65 to begin with! I dunno, really - £250? I'll have a swatch at the inner sills today, should there be any interest in these being welded up to sell it as a non-breaker. It needs a trackrod-end, a wheel bearing and the rear brakes sorting out too.

Scrapping it is the lazy option, selling it mot'd means I'd have to clean the interior of a year's worth of coffee stains and fruit-eating on the move...!

I was just thinking about this and as you are someone who welds shirley simply doing the welding... <snip>

I'd feel like a queue-jumper, considering I haven't struck an arc for victory on the Imp for over 2 years, and the Cavalier's waiting for similar. That said, perhaps I do need the practice!

That might be an idea. I suppose how much you are planning on taking it to bits. If its just a few bits and bobs and you can tow it to the scappers then I probably would but personally I could not be arsed stripping a whole car for naff all and then probably having to pay someone to come and take it away (would they pay for an already stripped car?).

I am a lazy fecker though. 

After some investigations today, it does indeed look like a tank-out job to do the welding.  It's not too extensive, but is in an awkward place, in the triangular section that surrounds the tank at each side.  The problem there is that there's two weeks commuting in that tank, to mitigate against that the next two weekends are full of other stuff.

I reckon on a day's welding - it looks like an hour or two a side, so using the Bollox rule of "I've never known a welder to ring up and say there's less than originally thought", count on a full 12-hour weekend day - then a day or more's spannering would see it straight. It needs a rear shock too - it was an advisory at the MOT, but the casing's so rusty that it's more than just a misting of oil now.  It'll need tyres shortly too.

I reckon it'll break easily for 2-300 hundred, but if it sells for the same as last time (£395 - albeit with a leaky head gasket and no cambelt history) the added value of the MOT is roughly equal to the same amount of time spent doing overtime...but:

here's an 82000 mile Sceptre for £799

$_57.JPG

...and yet:

205 TD engine for £199.

$_57.JPG

What makes mine interesting, is the Vodafone kit.  I thiink I need to get a hold of an old Ericsson handset to see if it still works... ;-)

The value of the remaining MOT is rapidly diminishing TBH.

If I may be so bold, I suggest running it 'til your tax and/or fuel is used up, then sell it to Will for 200 or something like that..?

No pissing about, he'd just A-Frame it out of your life, and you won't even have to clean it!

The plan is to offer it to the girlfriend. She is on with looking at insurance prices at the moment, and is in need of a car at a cheap price to get mobile.

I buy the car, register it in her name, install a bosch pump, fix it up and MOT it, she can tax and insure it, and pay me 50p/Litre for veg.  In 6 months or a year she has paid me for the car, whilst also having very cheap motoring.

This means I can aquire another MOT'd car as a safety net without the Olds getting angry, and I get a free 205 TD for parts if it breaks or if we break up.

For her, gentle introduction to the economics of Shiting, - She refused point blank when I offered her Edd's Polonez as a daily.

WIN-WIN-WIN all round.

*All subject to the decison on wether she likes it or not. (Fingers crossed)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest medicalgradenitrous

Hello,, might be interested in the fuel filter housing pipes and brackets, rear beam complete, drivers side front caliper if bleed nipple is free  depending on your location, et me know :) 

Guest medicalgradenitrous

I took the 205 Sceptre for an MOT, 3 months ahead of time - amongst other things, it needs the inner sills welding to pass, which might just be a tank-out job to sort.  It's out of tax at the end of the month, so rather than weld it up, MOT it, and sell it - because I'm bored of it - I've thought of breaking it.

Anyone fancy owt from it?  I know Chaseracer was after a bonnet, the rear beam's good, the discs were renewed before I bought it, the engine's tip-top apart from a little oil leak and had a cambelt and heid gasket 14000 miles ago, and the radiator - £180 retail - is a couple of years old, but I may hang onto this.

It also has a Vodafone-branded 90s Ericsson in-car phone kit with aerial through the rear window.

I'm also tempted to hold on to the registration number...

Go on, make me a list!

1794747_10152069614074773_1147950114_n.j

you going to break it mate ? cheers

• 2 months later...