Drive away for £200, the cheapest of cheap shite thread

Sloth in a bowl

Oh Quick - somebody buy it! In that there London (Well Croydon). £99. Only 30 odd automatic ones in this shape left on the road.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201603162018507

post-20084-0-84693500-1458738975_thumb.jpg

Not quite drive away...
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded both rear inner sills (2.4.A.3)
    Body or chassis has excessive corrosion, seriously affecting its strength within 30cm of the body mountings n/s/r outer sill (6.1.B.2)
    Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively front wipers split (8.2.2)
    Direction indicator not working n/s/f (1.4.A.2c)

also...

MAY NEED RADIATOR AS SMALL LEAK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HYUNDAI-ELANTRA-CDX-/252334682236?_trksid=p2141725.m3641.l6368

Elantra, 2003, 1.8 petrol, no MOT, 199 pictures of the queen. 

Too crap?

• Test date8 December 2015
  • Test ResultFail
  • Odometer reading52,574 miles
  • MOT test number5916 3533 5325
  • Reason(s) for failure
    Parking brake: efficiency below requirements (3.7.D.4)
    Anti-lock braking system warning lamp indicates an ABS fault (3.4.1c)
    nearside front Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
    offside front Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (8.2.2)
    nearside front Service brake indicates brake bind (3.7.D.2a)
    offside front Service brake indicates brake bind (3.7.D.2a)
    Brake pedal spongy (3.3.B.1b)
    offside rear Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
    offside front Brake pipe excessively corroded (3.6.B.2c)
    offside rear Tyre has a cut in excess of the requirements deep enough to reach the ply or cords (4.1.D.1a)
  • Advisory notice item(s)
    front Headlamp has a product on the lens but not seriously reducing light output both (1.7.5a)
    front Exhaust has a minor leak of exhaust gases flexi (7.1.2)
    nearside front Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
    nearside rear Brake pipe slightly corroded (3.6.B.2c)
    front Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    rear Sub-frame corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    nearside front lower Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    offside front lower Suspension arm corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    nearside front Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules (3.6.B.4e)
    offside front Brake hose has slight corrosion to ferrules (3.6.B.4e)
    nearside front Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    offside front Macpherson strut corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    nearside rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area is corroded but not considered excessive (2.4.A.3)
    All front and rear suspension components corroded
    rear Anti-roll bar corroded but not seriously weakened (2.4.G.1)
    Lower engine mount slightly corroded
    O/s/f tyre cracked inner and outer edges
    front brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened both corroded (3.5.1i)
    rear brake disc worn, pitted or scored, but not seriously weakened both corroded (3.5.1i)
    rear registration plate faded but not likely to be misread (6.3.1d)

^ That sounds like a garage touting for work, or hoping to get the owner to trade up for something else.

Most of those failures aren't a serious problem. Except perhaps the ABS, but that might be tied in with the other brake stuff. Some of the advisories are frankly laughable... engine mount has slight corrosion? FFS!

99p and no bids yet. Ok so its not sold/fixed priced, but this a floppy handling French soft-top that is not fashionable. This is the type of car that the type of people buying it would because its fashionable. So likely to go for bugger all.

attachicon.gif$_571.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262369493948

It's not worth 99p, they are utter shit, not quality shite, I bought one for the missus last year and everything worked but it was absolutely horrible with no redeeming features whatsoever.

It's not worth 99p, they are utter shit, not quality shite, I bought one for the missus last year and everything worked but it was absolutely horrible with no redeeming features whatsoever.

Yes. I think it'd be easier to sell cancer to someone than sell one of those things on ... does that not qualify it for perfect autoshite material?

I did consider bidding on it, but then I might actually win it and have to explain to the other half quite what sinful thing I've done.

I'm feeling myself drawn to Leamington Spa.

This is now down to £200. Needs a handbrake cable. Would need to plan a journey home with no hill starts.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/citroen/citroen-zx-mot-june-taxed-excellent-runner-5-door-hatchback-1.9-diesel/1162729824

$_86.JPG

How much is an exhaust for a Cuore? £125

Edit: looks like door rubber seal has broken

https://www.gumtree.com/p/daihatsu/1999-daihatsu-cuore-989cc-mot-july-cheap-car/1163290253

$_86.JPG

The shape of that looks far more like a modern mini than the actual new mini does. I love it.