I haz J-Tin (Toyota content)

holbeck

Unexpectedly I have launched into Toyota Ownership.

I was minding my own business at home, doing a bit of on-line shopping, when via facebook I had the opportunity to be the owner of the Practical Classics Toyota Celica, it hasn't even featured in the magazine yet so very much a blind buy. WCPGW?

The car was one owner and had been in storage. It was purchased by Danny Hopkins to be the subject of an article on its recommissioning.

A Rush of blood to the head and I've made a commitment to buy it. luckily (as you know)I was able to shift my BMW via the forum.

So last Friday promised an epic Tat collection. The stars all seemed to come into alignment when I saw that red Renault Fuego form the ebay tat thread at Exeter St. Davids station. that's got to be worth a photo right? What a bummer that I then realised my camera was still on the hall table. So the tat collection thread is off.

Anyway 4hrs 15 min of trains. I met Danny Hopkins and had the tour of PC towers, had my photo taken for inclusion in the article.

Just before 2pm and I'm on my way back. Only 240 miles. Danny had helpfully left well over half a tank of fuel so I drove home as fast as the law and the traffic on the A14 would allow.

The car seems a good solid vehicle, comes with 11 months MOT, 6 months tax, recently serviced. It has a few battle scars, but hey I'm not perfect either!

13249694243_38072beaa8.jpg

march2014 044 by holbeck251, on Flickr

Practical Classics production offices seemed to be almost campus like. Hidden behind a corporate reception was a huge area where small groups of journo's were beavering away in university library hushed tones. Practical Classics here, Classics and Land Rover Owner on the next aisle. Steam Railway over the corridor. Gardening / Homeowner / you name it, stretching into the distance.

Danny Hopkins had an open cupboard with bound volumes of PC going back to the 80's. I could have lost myself in there for a few hours quite happily.

Sadly the PC workshop was not on site, so no vehicles to mooch around.