Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


warren t claim

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Recent Adventure Bike Rider event had an off road course set up, quite a few miles to get round it (not just a lap around a couple of fields).

This will be Hairnet in the not too distant future.....

 

That looked like fun, I grabbed a coffee and watched part 2. Highsiding a CT90! 😄  Looked like you were sat down most of the way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

That looked like fun, I grabbed a coffee and watched part 2. Highsiding a CT90! 😄  Looked like you were sat down most of the way.

Not mw, but Nathan Millward. He has a rental fleet of C110 postie bikes, as well as a fleet of sub 500cc ADV bikes and Enfield 650's. Nice bloke, excellent knowledge of the lanes around Devon and Cornwall, and a good rider on the green lanes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Not mw, but Nathan Millward. He has a rental fleet of C110 postie bikes, as well as a fleet of sub 500cc ADV bikes and Enfield 650's. Nice bloke, excellent knowledge of the lanes around Devon and Cornwall, and a good rider on the green lanes.

Ah, I misread your "Post". 😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, twosmoke300 said:

2001 called - they would like their trackday back !

Gonna be ball soup today 

There is another Thundercat here somewhere . Hope it’s in my group 

ABDF7DB3-9C8A-479D-9DF3-634A9B8E20B5.jpeg

57E4D47C-507D-4552-A675-2F7C6E1F3371.jpeg

I'd like to bet on 7 red flags and zero uninterrupted sessions, I've given up TD's now because of the ridiculous amount of stoppages, especially at MSV circuits where if someone slides off into the gravel or stops on circuit (even if they are in a safe place) its an automatic red flag, last TD I did was at Anglesey (what a circuit btw) back in 2019, I got 12 uninterrupted laps all day, the day cost me the thick end of £600 (hire bike, hotel, fuel etc), so £50 a lap, hope you get better VFM from your day :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem is everyone wants to be in the 'fast' or 'advanced' group, there is no timing so anyone can book into whatever group they like and very little is done about it by the organisers, there can be differences of 20-30 seconds a lap, which is a joke, you have people wobbling around with experienced club racers and its a recipe for disaster, I ran someone over at Anglesey, he tried a move on the first lap out, skittled the rider in front of me and fell off, I bounced off him into the grass, this was on the first lap after the sighting lap at 9am in the morning, it set the precedent for the day :(

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jazoli said:

The problem is everyone wants to be in the 'fast' or 'advanced' group, there is no timing so anyone can book into whatever group they like and very little is done about it by the organisers, there can be differences of 20-30 seconds a lap, which is a joke, you have people wobbling around with experienced club racers and its a recipe for disaster, I ran someone over at Anglesey, he tried a move on the first lap out, skittled the rider in front of me and fell off, I bounced off him into the grass, this was on the first lap after the sighting lap at 9am in the morning, it set the precedent for the day :(

I found the opposite on a number of trackday. Knobs, with tricked up track bikes, tyre warmers and bike plugged into a laptop, riding in the novice group to show off.

Ive mentioned them a few times, but British Superbike School at Blyton are excellent. One instructor to three (often two) riders. Put myself in with the Inters group a few times, but last time I was put into the Fast group. Felt a little out of my depth for the first session, mainly as I had not used my KTM RC8 on a track before, but fine after that and a few pointers from my instructor.

Only ever seen one red flag, and that was because someone dropped it on the only righthander and lost their oil that had to be cleared up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I did a couple of road bike only trackdays with MSV, they were really good and free of the bellends on shitty old beaten up trackbikes who think nothing of pulling a stupid move, just 2 groups, normal and advanced, the pace was still  fast but there was far less pressure from people with something to prove as everyone was on their road bikes, there were a couple of bellends who turned up on what were obviously track bikes with numberplates tacked on, they weren't allowed out, which made me chuckle a bit.

Speaking of Thundercats I've just rebuilt the engine on this for my mate, he tried fitting a new chain himself and he didn't do it properly and it smashed the cases to bits, still a nice fun bike to ride now.

20210630_165553.thumb.jpg.e02863c121bf3901be7879888408ee21.jpg

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@UltraWomble I are also joining the Honda slowshite gang.

chaly1.thumb.jpg.b270bd990e4a9b90135adb73420e7cf3.jpg

CF70 Chaly, a slightly taller step-thru version of the monkey/Dax.

It's had an engine swap, the engine number is standard C50 but the clutch cover says AT like a full auto, yet there appears to be a hole where the gearshift should go? Haven't actually got it home yet to see what's what.

Anyone clued up on these engines? Same as a C70/90 I think, not something I've dabbled in before.

TBH it's looking easiest to rip it out and put in a Chinese 110, then maybe I can keep up with @hairnet, we could be slow wobbly Honda fwends

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...