Jump to content

The Bikeshite Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Liggle said:

The Interceptor has come up well, and it flew through its MOT this afternoon

WhatsApp Image 2026-07-21 at 15.21.49.jpeg

Quite fancy one of these, although not sure my riding style would suit it.  But I’d like to try one at some point,  

Posted
3 hours ago, Liggle said:

Long shot... but if you change your mind and fancy a swap with a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 let me know 👀

If you'd said Speed Twin I'd have already been on my way up. My next bike will almost definitely be a retro, but pretty much has to be a Triumph I'm afraid!

(Mind you, since I utterly adore the black and gold scheme... if you ever part with that sexy VFR of yours I'll have to put a URL blocker on this site as a precaution)

Posted

Here's a little selection of the bikes, had quite a few others over the years but just can't find the pictures on my phone at the moment! 

In sequence of oldest to newest:

fac68cfdc1f4593987c06b5b062243e6.jpg.202177b025447bb5487f64af13ec6a08.jpgBSA B50 cafe racer

IMG-20181017-WA0002.jpg.5fd1558c6d315a8af5090722308edac5.jpgZZR 600, this was the very first picture I took of it, tidied it up quite a bit by the end and due to splitting up with a girlfriend ended up selling it to one of her friends boyfriends for £300 because I didn't have and storage. Not sure if it's till out there Y203LDP

IMG_0263.jpg.1df853427390bd5a298fd76c40f83f0d.jpg

20211010_183414.jpg.ab72582a7f28d400d442a8c495e52c19.jpgBMW S1000R, had this bike from new in 2019. Great bit of kit, only out 7k miles on it as I've got more commitments at home these days but puts a smile on my face every time I go out.

Posted
1 hour ago, Crackers said:

If you'd said Speed Twin I'd have already been on my way up. My next bike will almost definitely be a retro, but pretty much has to be a Triumph I'm afraid!

(Mind you, since I utterly adore the black and gold scheme... if you ever part with that sexy VFR of yours I'll have to put a URL blocker on this site as a precaution)

https://www.admotorcycles.co.uk/a-d-motorcycles-ltd-used-bikes/asset/2015-kawasaki-z1000-sx/

looking at stuff i saw this *wasnt looking at it while i was there but theres a list of things that made me say no - who on here has one........?

also this *actually no

i was gonna link a speed twin i saw at a and d :D 

i said no for the same reason i said no to the kwak (one of them was the opposite (i need to hand me badge in ffs)

Posted
27 minutes ago, hairnet said:

https://www.admotorcycles.co.uk/a-d-motorcycles-ltd-used-bikes/asset/2015-kawasaki-z1000-sx/

looking at stuff i saw this *wasnt looking at it while i was there but theres a list of things that made me say no - who on here has one........?

also this *actually no

i was gonna link a speed twin i saw at a and d :D 

i said no for the same reason i said no to the kwak (one of them was the opposite (i need to hand me badge in ffs)

Confused Meme: The 'Confused Nick Young' Meme, Explained

  • Haha 3
Posted

crackers - no shit :D

the kwak too old too fast and riding position too extreme

the triumph age not so bad riding position fine but too heavy and has only 60hp so opposite of kwak

Posted

I have a 2024 Husky 401 Svartpilen that needs a service and a couple of recalls, one being a software upgrade as at the moment the bike cuts out when down shifting approaching junction, roundabouts etc. Phoned 3 KTM dealers as the bike is basically a KTM 390 Duke in a froc and no one will touch it. Has to go to Tewksbury or Norfolk to a Husky dealer so I need to hire a van to move it as it’s too dangerous to ride!!

I guess I will end up trading it for a machine with a local dealer network!! Love the bike but can’t be dealing with electronics I can’t reset when I service it myself….

If anyone is interested in a a 2024 Husky with 400 miles on the clock let me know….. and low mileage as I ride the Heinkel or Bultaco from this forum most of the time :-)

  • Sad 2
Posted
On 20/07/2026 at 20:53, Crackers said:

Finally got round to fixing it. Started on the first time of asking and now charges!

Haven't ridden it since October. Waste of money? Probably. 

Selling it? Nope.

Still haven't told mum and dad about other either... Hope dad doesn't stalk me on here 🤔 

20260717_180458.jpg.2eedf66a1de2f961a70d808d2ef2c825.jpg

20260717_173533.jpg.1224f240c89169dca6dd4865edb59ce5.jpg

Strangely enough I have only just got around to fixing my 675 Street Triple that I dumped into my shipping container garage last November.

All the forums I read said that it needed a wire bypass at a connector block under the tank. Real pain in the arse disconnecting the electrics and fuel hoses to the tank, but finally managed it.

As it turned out, it was not broken wire(s), but just corrosion in the connector block.

20260630_161712.jpg.35ecb448440f20589fcae5e956ca0b32.jpg

A quick wire brushing and liberal spraying of contact cleaner, followed by a smear of electrical grease, and its back to as it was.

I forgot what a great bike it is on the local mountain roads, so it's been my bike of choice for the last fortnight. Triples are just lovely things.

Posted
9 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Real pain in the arse disconnecting the electrics and fuel hoses to the tank, but finally managed it.

I must admit I did not enjoy finding this mess right next to the pressurised fuel line from the tank to the engine. I know there aren't many places to put wiring on a bike but it doesn't seem like a good idea having all the sparky bits right next to the firey bits. This is the direct feed from the stator so it is running at an unregulated voltage somewhere around 80V and had totally exposed wiring that was shorted across all three poles...

image.jpeg.127ae9a71a6e4683db4ff7ada08d4503.jpeg

I've re-routed the stator wiring on mine to be as far away from the tank outlet as I could get it, but I'm still not totally convinced by the whole arrangement.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1
Posted

Mine wasn't like that under the tank thank god. It looked all really well insulated, so didn't pay it much attention other thsn a visual.

I re-wrapped all the wires to the connectors with the best insulation tape I could find, as I split the original insulation to see if there was a break in the wiring, then discovered corroded plugs.

As an aside, my ST lived in the UK for its first 9 years, and I've only had to ride it once in the rain out here (right under a massive storm for 90 minutes, 3 years ago).

Posted

Had a run over to mid and north Wales at the weekend as it’s a good few years since I had been in that neck of the woods.

Went to Barmouth which is somewhere never been before. Didn’t have time to explore the bridge but the estuary is picturesque.

IMG_6673.jpeg.cfbac3dff73cc4e65299e7a68a5f02b8.jpeg

Stopped in Barmouth for some food of the gods (actually weren’t that great),

IMG_6675.jpeg.0328f40be387c36bcbe81371900121ed.jpeg

The a ride up the coast to Harlech.  The coastline is absolutely fantastic and I didn’t realise there was a nuddy beach until too late or there might have been some more interesting pictures!

Rode home past Bala lake.

IMG_6679.jpeg.d17335083be4c72a4f7e258a47fb84d0.jpeg

Seat on the tracer is the most uncomfortable plank I have ever had the misfortune to place the bum cheeks.  Still walking like John Wayne!

Posted
54 minutes ago, Mudster said:

Had a run over to mid and north Wales at the weekend as it’s a good few years since I had been in that neck of the woods.

Went to Barmouth which is somewhere never been before. Didn’t have time to explore the bridge but the estuary is picturesque.

IMG_6673.jpeg.cfbac3dff73cc4e65299e7a68a5f02b8.jpeg

Stopped in Barmouth for some food of the gods (actually weren’t that great),

IMG_6675.jpeg.0328f40be387c36bcbe81371900121ed.jpeg

The a ride up the coast to Harlech.  The coastline is absolutely fantastic and I didn’t realise there was a nuddy beach until too late or there might have been some more interesting pictures!

Rode home past Bala lake.

IMG_6679.jpeg.d17335083be4c72a4f7e258a47fb84d0.jpeg

Seat on the tracer is the most uncomfortable plank I have ever had the misfortune to place the bum cheeks.  Still walking like John Wayne!

It seems all modern Yamaha seats are like that.  Spent quite a lot of time reshaping and adding gel pads to my Tenere original seat, changed the buffers underneath to level it out to, but it’s still taken the purchase of a Touratech after market seat which I’ve also added foam too which has eventually made things more acceptable. 

Posted

Do bikes get noticeably cheaper to buy in winter? I haven't really paid attention to see if they do. It's been just over a year since I crashed the Z900RS and I have finally received my payout and have just about enough to buy a new bike but for some reason don't feel in a rush to go and get one so I think I will wait till next season to get back out there.

img_detail-13.jpg.be3a4b5b9f58f85f4c15e4da01433320.jpg

I was pretty sure my next bike would be a CB1000F but now having seen some reviews I am having second thoughts mainly because it might be a bit cramped for a taller rider and the TFT dash just doesn't look retro, I need to pop down to my local Honda dealer in person and see what I think of it.

cq5dam_web_1280_1280.png.dad28dc6e494cf69624b4b8acc071b17.png

I am very tempted to just get a 2026 Z900RS Black Ball edition as it's been updated with cruise control and a few other goodies and even though the base price is more than the Honda's when I worked out the total price of both with the options I would want they come out to be virtually the same.

1743070925-2025-bmw-r12-gs-review-details-price-spec_02.jpg.f18f48882408adf72edf388f36c653e1.jpg

R-12-S-model-card-v2.png.edb2a575d47fa23a243e978973b2ef2a.png

And then finally I could get something very different from a UJM and buy a nearly new R12 G/S or S. For some reason I don't particularly like the look of the regular R 12 Nine T but these two variants look super cool 😎 I would baulk at paying full price for one but nearly new should get me fairly close to the price of the two Japanese contenders.

Posted

I don't think so, people seem to hold onto them till summer then drag them out and ask for as much as they can. 

 

If anything the cheapest bikes I've seen have been listed this month, but that might just be the ones I'm looking at / waiting list remorse

Posted

Used bikes tend to get cheaper in the winter/at the end of the nice weather season.

Start of the year is a good time to find new but pre-registered bargains from dealers 

Posted

Run up to Christmas, and post new year.

People wanting money for Christmas, post Christmas credit card bills and then wanting cash for upcoming holidays.

Wonder if the collapse of superbike warehouse will have an effect on prices and availability 

Ttfn Glenn 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted

New stuff in the post 

IMG_0016.jpeg.ddaac0fc53563fedd5e9c6fea3555ed5.jpeg

17 mm Allen key. Fuck no. 
IMG_0017.jpeg.7bf22ad9a3952063d993d69a2223bb40.jpeg

Though actually yes. oil drain key works a treat. Maybe even better than the first thing I glued together when I got a mig. 

IMG_0027.jpeg.a825bf21297cceee6286a9710e16d7c5.jpeg
 

Seized fasteners. Went butcher mode on these as mud guard past best anyway.

IMG_0019.jpeg.2a65fb34221383934083a90c6710dd2a.jpeg

IMG_0018.jpeg.7193aec35ea021adb95f028f747bfa40.jpeg

IMG_0023.jpeg.748e619fef9cb34648e9dbfd9f5e0bcf.jpeg

Pimp daddy gold shizzle

IMG_0026.jpeg.d2ca19bf99fe764232198cd8634fa642.jpeg

Anyone spot why the handling was ‘interesting’?

IMG_0025.jpeg.953871da62f1a996061d5fe4b78179ba.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
Posted
21 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Do bikes get noticeably cheaper to buy in winter? I haven't really paid attention to see if they do. It's been just over a year since I crashed the Z900RS and I have finally received my payout and have just about enough to buy a new bike but for some reason don't feel in a rush to go and get one so I think I will wait till next season to get back out there.

img_detail-13.jpg.be3a4b5b9f58f85f4c15e4da01433320.jpg

I was pretty sure my next bike would be a CB1000F but now having seen some reviews I am having second thoughts mainly because it might be a bit cramped for a taller rider and the TFT dash just doesn't look retro, I need to pop down to my local Honda dealer in person and see what I think of it.

cq5dam_web_1280_1280.png.dad28dc6e494cf69624b4b8acc071b17.png

I am very tempted to just get a 2026 Z900RS Black Ball edition as it's been updated with cruise control and a few other goodies and even though the base price is more than the Honda's when I worked out the total price of both with the options I would want they come out to be virtually the same.

1743070925-2025-bmw-r12-gs-review-details-price-spec_02.jpg.f18f48882408adf72edf388f36c653e1.jpg

R-12-S-model-card-v2.png.edb2a575d47fa23a243e978973b2ef2a.png

And then finally I could get something very different from a UJM and buy a nearly new R12 G/S or S. For some reason I don't particularly like the look of the regular R 12 Nine T but these two variants look super cool 😎 I would baulk at paying full price for one but nearly new should get me fairly close to the price of the two Japanese contenders.

If it was my money (not having the money aside) I’d go for the white one. Cool, comfy and off road able. Sure fire winner.

  • Like 1
Posted

@Rustybullethole Yeah I wouldn't mind doing a bit of greenlaning to be fair. I need to pop down to both the Honda and BMW dealers and see them all in person (obviously no need to see the Kawasaki as I had one before) and make a final decision and then save up a bit more cash as I will also need a new helmet etc and money for insurance and tax.

  • Like 1
Posted
22 hours ago, Heidel_Kakao said:

Do bikes get noticeably cheaper to buy in winter? I haven't really paid attention to see if they do. It's been just over a year since I crashed the Z900RS and I have finally received my payout and have just about enough to buy a new bike but for some reason don't feel in a rush to go and get one so I think I will wait till next season to get back out there.

img_detail-13.jpg.be3a4b5b9f58f85f4c15e4da01433320.jpg

I was pretty sure my next bike would be a CB1000F but now having seen some reviews I am having second thoughts mainly because it might be a bit cramped for a taller rider and the TFT dash just doesn't look retro, I need to pop down to my local Honda dealer in person and see what I think of it.

cq5dam_web_1280_1280.png.dad28dc6e494cf69624b4b8acc071b17.png

I am very tempted to just get a 2026 Z900RS Black Ball edition as it's been updated with cruise control and a few other goodies and even though the base price is more than the Honda's when I worked out the total price of both with the options I would want they come out to be virtually the same.

1743070925-2025-bmw-r12-gs-review-details-price-spec_02.jpg.f18f48882408adf72edf388f36c653e1.jpg

R-12-S-model-card-v2.png.edb2a575d47fa23a243e978973b2ef2a.png

And then finally I could get something very different from a UJM and buy a nearly new R12 G/S or S. For some reason I don't particularly like the look of the regular R 12 Nine T but these two variants look super cool 😎 I would baulk at paying full price for one but nearly new should get me fairly close to the price of the two Japanese contenders.

Try the CB F for size, I’ve got the thou SP and it isn’t cramped at all for a six an’ are foot fat bloke. The one I’d be concerned about fitting on is the BMW, the R9T variants are all a bit short in the leg for some reason, though the R12 G/S does come with a taller seat option that might be worth looking for.

  • Like 1
Posted
On 22/07/2026 at 21:54, Mudster said:

Had a run over to mid and north Wales at the weekend as it’s a good few years since I had been in that neck of the woods.

Went to Barmouth which is somewhere never been before. Didn’t have time to explore the bridge but the estuary is picturesque.

IMG_6673.jpeg.cfbac3dff73cc4e65299e7a68a5f02b8.jpeg

Stopped in Barmouth for some food of the gods (actually weren’t that great),

IMG_6675.jpeg.0328f40be387c36bcbe81371900121ed.jpeg

The a ride up the coast to Harlech.  The coastline is absolutely fantastic and I didn’t realise there was a nuddy beach until too late or there might have been some more interesting pictures!

Rode home past Bala lake.

IMG_6679.jpeg.d17335083be4c72a4f7e258a47fb84d0.jpeg

Seat on the tracer is the most uncomfortable plank I have ever had the misfortune to place the bum cheeks.  Still walking like John Wayne!

You may (or may not) know but you can legally ride your motorbike over that bridge.

  • Like 2
Posted

Not been on one of the bikes in a while, the Harley is buried at the back somewhere, ditto the BM. Straight choice between the Lambretta and the Honda, the latter winning as it was easiest to get out. Intended on doing about 10 miles, ended up doing probably 20 odd. 

May be an image of satellite dish

May be an image of road and text that says "ROAD ROAD LOSE SLOSED SED"

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle and text

So went to Ellesmere Port (via my old commute to work there) and back down the lanes. One of the permitted* off-road bits was massively overgrown, and I VERY nearly came a cropper hitting low level mega thick brambles and trying to accelerate out of trouble.  It hardly sets the world on fire, but when you're struggling for grip going sort of sideways whilst tangled up, it makes things interesting. Anyhow, despite getting ripped to shreds (CBA taking gloves) and having thorns in my shoes and coat, it was a right laugh. It is mostly much clearer than this, I don't think anyone has been arsed to clear it for quite a while..

May be an image of motorcycle and text

May be an image of motorcycle, dirt bike and text

May be an image of dirt bike, motorcycle, tree and grass

Got twatted in the eye by a twig because I didn't have my visor shut and the screen saved me a load of grief. Bombed down the river for a cheeky brew before heading home

May be an image of motorcycle, dirt bike and text

The back tyre goes down after a while being left anyhow, but going through those brambles today has clearly proved to be (even more) stupid, as just after getting home the back tyre is as flat as bollocks. The rear brake is shit anyway, so ideally need to get the wheel off, replace the tube and de-thorn the tyre, then get new brake shoes. Once again though, this bike continues to prove you don't need some mega BHP sports machine to have fun.

Posted
2 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

You may (or may not) know but you can legally ride your motorbike over that bridge.

I had no idea that would be legal. Will definitely be back at some point and will give it a go 👍

Posted
8 minutes ago, castros_bro said:

Has this guy taken the engines out of all the bikes and is selling them seperately?

Seems like a crap/weird way of doing it

Posted
19 minutes ago, Stinkwheel said:

Has this guy taken the engines out of all the bikes and is selling them seperately?

Seems like a crap/weird way of doing it

Think he's flogging off stuff from family's years of a bike "scrap yard" so engines probably removed and kept inside and obviously no computerised stock system .  It's sort of normal for vehicles to be "recycled" as new stuff is too expensive for normal people so a lot of older stuff is in everyday use, like a real scrappy. If you do street view there's this type of stuff.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@39.6771798,-8.5812146,76m/data=!3m1!1e3?entry=ttu&g_ep=EgoyMDI2MDcyMi4wIKXMDSoASAFQAw%3D%3D

  • Like 2
Posted
On 05/07/2026 at 12:03, hairnet said:

Was looking at this also

Triple20260704_125605.jpg.608abd546960f859627424f6b97ec8f1.jpg

 

Had a sit on one last Friday, while I waited for my bike to be serviced. Really nice thing. Salesman said for every one KTM they sell, they shift two CFMotos.

Posted

Went out for a great back road run up to Graffham Water last Friday with my mate on his fantastic Monster.

image.jpeg.3a0445eb283379a822e999db0423f12e.jpeg

My diddy 125 is now serviced, so can be ragged safely. There is something great about going flat out almost everywhere on something that is so great in the bends. Car-wise, this was the case with my old 1.4 Puma.

Duke is a perfect first bike, would recommend to anybody starting off their biking journey.

  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...