Grey sierra sold

garbaldy

Yay. The weber conversion was very, very common. My 1.6GL Capri had the same treatment. Much improvements.

I think that would have been the 28/36 dgav or dgas with the square chokes, they fetch serious money now in good condition as they are a brilliant bolt on improvement over the VV, the oval choke ones were more of an emissions/ economy thing but if it sorts the problem then all good and as they were on an 1800 originally I would guess they would be jetted about right, just not sure whether it can be made to fit the cvh.

I think the reason it was parked originally was because of it cutting out and running badly. The guy i bought it off tried changing the cap and leads but gave up and stuck it in the barn instead.

Sound like the problem has returned then, it's been fine since I cleaned it out that's why I changed the mounting gaskets thinking that carb was ok.

Had a quick look and I think it's a 28/30 dftm but will have to dig it out to be 100% sure. Have a look and see if you work a manifold or adapt the pinto one and send me a PM of you want it. It's not going anywhere so it's yours unless I hear otherwise.

Yes I shall take you up on that wonderful offer 😉

When you dig it out let me know and I will fire you some coinage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To be honest £800 is cheap, a guy i know on Facebook just spent £2000 on a Sapphire CVH and thought he got a baragin and this is a better car, i think the truth is that it's too cheap so it's putting people off.

It owed me £800 by the time i was finished with it!

I'm not trying to be a knob I just didn't think it was too clear . 800 is a great price .

I never for one minute thought that you where being knobish just wanting clarification,

In my mind I know what I'm saying it's conveying those thoughts to writing so all can understand that's the hard part.

To be honest £800 is cheap, a guy i know on Facebook just spent £2000 on a Sapphire CVH and thought he got a baragin and this is a better car, i think the truth is that it's too cheap so it's putting people off.

It owed me £800 by the time i was finished with it!

I have stuck it on the tree of bums for 14 odd and had one offer of 8 already,

The price here is the exclusive price here as I'm a great believer in passing it on, I know what your saying about being to cheep and I tend to agree as I've encountered that before.

A bargain on here deserves to remain a bargain on here and long may it last.

Seven months to sell that's got to be a record surely,

After a deal was in the pipeline I had another serious buyer from here which I had to let down, sorry chap.

then yesterday and today I've had two chaps from Ireland and one wanted me to take a deposit over phone then fly over and collect it, two texts wanting to view and an hour ago another call about it,

How weird is that a quick flurry all at the same time.

Anyway good bye sierra I shall miss you.

post-3747-0-18919700-1479931922_thumb.jpg