Pictures from Rolf

pogweasel

A bit random this one, but hey.

I sold an item to a german chap on eBay, usual problem that they don't really do paypal in .de, and I don't do international bank transfers. Long story short we agreed he would post me the money in cash. Anyway, the €5 arrives and Rolf has very kindly included some photos of what I assume to be his collection of old vehicles. There was no explanation with the pics!

Anyway, I thought this a very nice gesture and pointed him this way, so if you are reading, Rolf... Thankyou!

Here's the pics, discuss if you like or ignore if you don't.

The magazine he bought featured a Thames similar to this, so I guess that's a good place to start.

rolf1.jpg

Work in progress... Cortina??

rolf2.jpg

I know the square root of naff all about bikes, so someone will have to identify this.

rolf3.jpg

rolf4.jpg

And last is a Taunus Transit, looks like a camper to me. Approved!

:)

I *think* (from looking at the tank badge) that is an AJS.

Regarding the Cortina (I should know as I had one yonks back) that is the early 'pre-airflow' model. The indicators seem to be out of the grille area which is the difference between early and later ('airflow') models. Looks like a bloody nice one and probably a standard/basic model as can't see a bonnet bulge which the Lotus models had.

How kind of Rolf! Top German!

The "project" is a Taunus 12M, so you weren't far off with Cortina, although it would be a few more years before the models were closely related. The 12M goes back to Mk1 Tina times and is roughly equivalent in size and market position. And yeah, I know as much about bikes as I do about football, so you're on your own with that... :D