Euro tat thread vol 1

loserone

The interiors in those Italian ADO 16's are fantastic arent they, some have a unique dashboard that looks 100000000000x better than the UK ones

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Isn't Italy a bit of a nightmare for export purposes? There was a chap on here @Sir Chocolate Teapot who lived in Italy and had all kinds of bother as I recall.

I keep looking at this guy who always seems to have a few Zaporozhets for sale in Lithuania.

1991 Zaporozhetz 968 White Manual, 4 speed Left Hand Drive in Kaunas, Lithuania - For Sale | Car & Classic (carandclassic.com)

Plan would be Ryanair to somewhere unpronounceable, flixbus to Kaunus and then get the ferry at Klaipeda to Kiel. Kiel to Amsterdam is easy with an ample 40hp right?

1991 Zaporozhetz 968

Yeah I think Italy can be hard work admin wise, esp if you want to drive home in your new heap. Youtuber 'OG Cars' managed it though somehow, anyone know him? He's well into Skoda favorits and trabants and whatnot.

Whilst I think the Taunus I posted is a winner for me and a low risk purchase I started looking for a more typically French car and the ultimate French car in my opinion is an early CX. For the full experience I would go with this, further  south so more of a holiday and more risk being a Citroen, but not too much at £3,600 the price seems fair.

https://www.leboncoin.fr/ad/voitures/2697813229

394237EC-BA03-46FA-A10E-D03C463BF0C2.webp.39296da951f92bd75f3af9e607f1fc5f.webp

This looks the cheapest CX that has a good chance of getting  home in. If I had more room or less cars I would be booking a flight!

1 hour ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Imagine if you were the person who'd drilled through that steelwork to fit that appalling placca mirror and you had to live with that shame for the entire rest of your life. €3500

https://www.subito.it/auto/vento-auto-storica-autobianchi-a111-forli-cesena-536310657.htm

image.png.969a84a061d6d4d21f6426d9eaf38879.png

Is it maybe a legislation requirement for Italian MoT?

2 hours ago, Mr_Bo11ox said:

Imagine if you were the person who'd drilled through that steelwork to fit that appalling placca mirror and you had to live with that shame for the entire rest of your life. €3500

https://www.subito.it/auto/vento-auto-storica-autobianchi-a111-forli-cesena-536310657.htm

image.png.969a84a061d6d4d21f6426d9eaf38879.png

Those A111s are fantastic, wonder if anybody has brought one into Britain before. Smuggling one out the country must be reasonably achievable, who was it got their hands on a twin pot Panda that had come into the UK and needed to put the plates in the post back to Italy? 

2 hours ago, cort1977 said:

Isn't Italy a bit of a nightmare for export purposes? There was a chap on here @Sir Chocolate Teapot who lived in Italy and had all kinds of bother as I recall.

I keep looking at this guy who always seems to have a few Zaporozhets for sale in Lithuania.

1991 Zaporozhetz 968 White Manual, 4 speed Left Hand Drive in Kaunas, Lithuania - For Sale | Car & Classic (carandclassic.com)

Plan would be Ryanair to somewhere unpronounceable, flixbus to Kaunus and then get the ferry at Klaipeda to Kiel. Kiel to Amsterdam is easy with an ample 40hp right?

1991 Zaporozhetz 968

Done that route a few times - very doable, only slight issue is the two lane autobahn, especially the deresticted sections! Pretty flat though, not too many hills. 

I look forward to the thread!! 

Is there an opposite to subscribe to threads. I can’t be trusted given I’m in France on my own with lots of parking and storage and a neighbour with a very large flatbed trailer.

Please don’t post any old opels.

Gzongenflatch
In memory of Phil.

5 hours ago, egg said:

If you're gonna bring a French diesel home...🤷‍♂️

https://www.leboncoin.fr/ad/voitures/2673703151

c31e3886865175e17bcfe56cef32f245db675cce

f0d56270a51a04b2fd54d7bed307e4ad6431be8f

With these - in the 'Carte Grise' they have a specific registration class- if it is indeed registered and has number plates. CG will read:

"J1 de la carte grise QM pour 'quadricycle à moteur.'"

[ Section J1 of the registration document will indicate QM for 'motorized quadricycle'].

I'd check carefully that these can be registered in the UK as they won't be 'type approved' or will require individual inspection by the DVLA.

Really old ones might be exempt as Historic Vehicles over 40 - but useful to check before bring something home. These are very basic indeed.

@LightBulbFun might have more info here on registration of unusual vehicles.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bangernomics said:

Is there an opposite to subscribe to threads. I can’t be trusted given I’m in France on my own with lots of parking and storage and a neighbour with a very large flatbed trailer.

Please don’t post any old opels.

Gzongenflatch
In memory of Phil.

Funny you you should say that,if you fancy x run to Turkey....https://www.facebook.com/groups/288081891524888/permalink/2177226772610381/

Screenshot_20240517-201734_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240517-201725_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240517-201754_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20240517-201832_Facebook.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

With these - in the 'Carte Grise' they have a specific registration class- if it is indeed registered and has number plates. CG will read:

"J1 de la carte grise QM pour 'quadricycle à moteur.'"

[ Section J1 of the registration document will indicate QM for 'motorized quadricycle'].

I'd check carefully that these can be registered in the UK as they won't be 'type approved'.

Really old ones might be exempt as Historic Vehicles over 40 - but useful to check.

@LightBulbFun might have more info here.

any vehicle over 10 years old does not need type approval when being registered in the UK, you could literally register a house brick with the DVLA if you really wanted to (thats what the INF85 scheme is for but I degress)

obviously the vehicle has to comply with the various construction and use regulations out there, aka be road worthy and road legal in the UK, but theres no worry of having to go through an SVA/IVA or need official type approval if the vehicle is over 10 years old

so those Sans Permis cars are no problem at all, theres a number that have been registered here, the main problem with those, especially the older ones, is the fact that they where often not registered in france, and so how does one go about proving the vehicles age to the DVLA etc

but I see that the one above does have a registration plate so Im going to go out on a limb and say its been registered in france, so registering it over here should not be too much of an issue (famous last words)

Every helpful mister @LightBulbFun thanks! 🙏 

Under 40 anything would need a MoT - which would be interesting. 

You know one of these is coming up the street as you can hear the chug chug chug...and smell the smoke. 

Large dog in passenger seat is not obligatory but recommended...

Lots about...many modern ones.

The Nissan on the right is the one I bought in France last year. It's a Cedric Diesel. I can't remember the brand of the VSP - but they tend to follow latest styling trends. 

IMG_20231125_151923.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Under 40 anything would need a MoT - which would be interesting. 

yes, assume 'heavy' quadricycle rules would apply in the example I posted above as it's not a 28mph limited machine.

I love the ones with no reverse gear, I saw a chap taking his young daughter to the park and when they got back in she pushed him back out into the road before getting in.  Amazing.

23 minutes ago, loserone said:

no reverse gear

Not an mot requirement!

I used my Audi 80 auto for quite some time with no reverse, park or neutral. The selector cable broke and I got it into drive with pliers on the gearbox.

“Don’t look back, you can never go back”

• Like 1