Maestro perverts. I know you're on here...

motorpunk

I can’t let a maestro thread pass without posting up the Rover Maestro DLX belonging to my significant other. It really is a proper shed and yet I really like it and it works surprisingly well still, obligatory crap photos …
845c451c0fb3e067323fe7b8e6a6984c.jpg
e62c1850f310c04d68620256f9177eab.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, JMotor said:

I have a want for a 1300 Maestro someday.

A Ledbury one. Should have bought one when they were cheaper. Alas not so much now.

But @grogee his Maestro is peak Maestro for me. 

That's kind. I sort of agree in spec terms, but my mind is muddied with sentimental connections to dear ol' Dad who had one.

Theoretically the Turbo stands at the top of the range but it's a little bit... dare I say naff?

4 hours ago, motorpunk said:

I'm supposed to be preparing for a very important meeting at work, and all I have open on my PC is this screen, and 8 tabs of Maestro-related stuff. 

How was the meeting? 

"Hi guys, sorry I'm late. I know I was supposed to give a presentation about agile scrums and 360 degree feedback, but how about we just reminisce about the British Motor Industry instead?"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, motorpunk said:

US Maestro Turbo brochure. This is like an oily, BL-themed version of hedge p*rn. 

$_61.JPG

What a great looking car... so well proportioned.

A Maestro was the first car I drove at the age of about 15... IIRC it was a blue City X? I always liked the steel wheel design on the base models.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, andy18s said:

The Mg above seems to have sold.

The seller was a member of the fbook page and was not a happy bunny about being called out on it.

Thats a shame for blatantly profiteering blaggard  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bazfr69 said:

I’ve no idea about the value of these. 

Normal people will value them in pennies. Us BL pervs seem happy to spend our life savings for such a slice of wheeled shonk.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, motorpunk said:

Normal people will value them in pennies. Us BL pervs seem happy to spend our life savings for such a slice of wheeled shonk.

I can’t remember the last time I saw one on the road over here whereas I do occasionally see the equivalent Metro. 
I remember not being interested in them when they were on sale though, digital dash shenanigans excepted but as a fifty something they seem to have become a part of that nostalgia bundle I’m carrying around now. 

On 9/5/2023 at 12:14 PM, JMotor said:

I have a want for a 1300 Maestro someday.

A Ledbury one. Should have bought one when they were cheaper. Alas not so much now.

But @grogee his Maestro is peak Maestro for me. 

This is up for 1k including the spare wings he's selling on the fbook page

Screenshot_20230906-170911_Facebook.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, motorpunk said:

It's a lifelong commitment, not just a purchase. The bits that rust, fall off and break mean there's a healthy monthly outlay, too

lets see monstros 🤔

1984 maestro 1.3 bASe cashmere gold- mine with enough tweeks by previous owner who worked at arg to almost be plah!- A915XON

1989 montego 1.6 bASe henley blue- mine ended up with chin & boot spoilers and a very late interior- F834UNP

1987 MG maestro 2.0efi targa red- mine £100 and lasted ages ended up wiv a 3" big bore bro 😁- D43YRN

1989 montego 2.0 gsi stone grey 2 tone- mine electric everything, maximum velour, bit of a shed!- F176AOA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1982 maestro 1.6 hls zircon blue- grandads car one of my learner cars! TOJ251Y

1984 maestro 1.3l zircon blue- driving instuctors car (the one i passed my test in)

f reg montego vp white with n/a perkins- b-i-l car i was the only one who could get it to hustle😁

maestro 1.3l wedgewood blue/grey 2 tone - friends car

several diesel maestros & montegos my mate taxi'd

yes i have history!

• Like 3

Got some more pics of the Ledbury from the last owner.

received_2020341524986511.thumb.jpeg.ad5a6104db68acb6f4e16e432fcf9f1f.jpeg

It's been lowered. Did ask if he had the original shocks. Unfortunately he didn't have them.

So far this is the extent of the arch rust. Doesn't look toooo bad I think?

received_222094163852166.thumb.jpeg.10bee1b4fd6d1e37ad4357946ffb743a.jpeg

received_6090784987693893.thumb.jpeg.0ae5c59f9f0bba25248f4bf1436b0dd6.jpeg

So I'm hoping I can scab some repair sections from the extra pair of  front wings I'm getting with it.

@andy18s cheers for the heads up and also exposing my lack of self restraint for sodding Maestros 😆.

• Like 3

Back in the late 90s my Dad and sister shared a 1990 Clubman diesel in silver. No turbo and sounded like a tractor. Had a load of rust spots sprayed by a mate of dads and it was looking really tidy again.........and was subsequently nicked by joy riders. Who the bloody hell joy rides a normally aspirated diesel Maestro????