New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

This might sink without trace...

However, as new members have been unable to register for so long, it's likely we'll have a large influx of new folk over the coming days. I thought it might be worth starting a thread for such people to introduce themselves to the more established Autoshiters, tell us about their motoring habits and the like.

Just so this isn't a wasted visit for the rest of you, here's a picture of some crazy guys with a Talbot Alpine 

devalpine_05.jpg

Evening all, long time lurker first time poster.

In a big-brother-crap-tv rather than a creepy kind of way I have been dipping in and out for a while following the long running thread as they often shed some sunshine into an otherwise cloudy day.

My passion is Italian-shite. instead of getting a Lancia Delta Integrale to do up I went for the HF4WD model instead which forgoes all the flashy body kit and spoilers but still has all the grunt.

My next project is a Mystery Hungarian FIAT 500F which has no plates, no history and very little metal left. It has some Hungarian documentation but since I don't understand a word, could be its customs/import documents or could be the previous owners court summons for nicking dilapidated Italian city cars.

I hope I can bring something to what is already a fine establishment!

Welcome new folk. Sounds like an enviable collection of old tat you have between you...

This has already disappeared off the first page, maybe it could be made a sticky?

Thanks for the support! Might be a nice idea, if possible.

Yo Shiters!

Some of you will know me from (briefly) Austin-Rover.co.uk and Macdroitwich. Been wanting to join up for a while.

I'd imagine I have enough shite credentials, been driving for 6 years since I was 17 and have owned:

K11 Micra that had more rust that the Titanic and dodgy electrics, moved it on after 6 months in 2008 and amazingly is still on the road.

Rover 45 that suffered HGF 2 weeks into ownership but was supremely reliable after that. Bought by my sister then traded in, fate unknown.

Rover 75 KV6 that I paid £1000 for and the worst thing that happened was bits of trim falling off. Amazingly reliable, I had it for 15 months then moved it on. Still see it about now and then.

Fiat Nuova Panda that was the newest car I've owned, 35k on the clock but had 5 owners! It had some bizarre faults that I finally got sorted after a year, decided to keep it long term after that and was crashed into two weeks later and written off. Shit happens.

Rover Metro GTa in BRG (current car), 17 years old, 85k on the clock, full service history and a total bargain. SO much fun.

I briefly owned a Nissan Almera Tino for 6 days, 53 plate and only cost £800. Bought as a load lugger and was in pretty good condition. The climate control drove me bonkers though so I moved it on. Too modern!

Also used to drive my parents' mk2 Punto and facelift Rover 25. Both squashed now, I think the Punto was a scrappage victim and the Rover was also written off in a pile up.

Welcome Alfamale, is the delta lhd then?

The Delta is LHD which presents a few problems in traffic but I've developed a few work arounds, like going through McDonalds drive-thrus backwards and if my wife screams when I pull out to overtake then something is coming back the other way.

Me and the Delta will be at the Renishaw Hall classic car show on the outskirts of Sheffield on Wednesday. Come and say hello if you are there!

The Delta is LHD which presents a few problems in traffic but I've developed a few work arounds, like going through McDonalds drive-thrus backwards and if my wife screams when I pull out to overtake then something is coming back the other way.

With sentences like that, I think you'll fit in nicely around these parts. Welcome! And welcome to all the other newbies who've finally been able to get in!

After months of waiting, hoping and wondering, I am finally in and it is a pleasure to be here, although I can't for the life of me remember what it was that I wanted to say now. 

As for my current shite, it comes in the form of Solihull's not-so-finest, reliability lacking, tinworm harboring, divorce inducing money pit... the 1994 Range Rover 3.9 Vogue SE 'Softdash'. Depite its many downsides, I have had it for nigh on 3 years and it is the vehicle I pined for since I was a nipper and I first daw Alf Stewart drop the tailgate on his Bahama Gold 3-door in a very early episode of 'Home & Away'. I never did get one of those burger telephones, that they had in the Surf Shack though.

The family albums are littered with pictures of old Saabs, Princesses (yes, plural), Carlton, Granada, pretty much every big Rover made in the 90's, Simca (which was a lesson in never buying shite from your siblings), a slew of 1970's Renaults and going back a few generations, a Wolseley or two. All of which I look forward to sharing with you in due course.      

After months of waiting, hoping and wondering, I am finally in and it is a pleasure to be here, although I can't for the life of me remember what it was that I wanted to say now. 

As for my current shite, it comes in the form of Solihull's not-so-finest, reliability lacking, tinworm harboring, divorce inducing money pit... the 1994 Range Rover 3.9 Vogue SE 'Softdash'. Depite its many downsides, I have had it for nigh on 3 years and it is the vehicle I pined for since I was a nipper and I first daw Alf Stewart drop the tailgate on his Bahama Gold 3-door in a very early episode of 'Home & Away'. I never did get one of those burger telephones, that they had in the Surf Shack though.

The family albums are littered with pictures of old Saabs, Princesses (yes, plural), Carlton, Granada, pretty much every big Rover made in the 90's, Simca (which was a lesson in never buying shite from your siblings), a slew of 1970's Renaults and going back a few generations, a Wolseley or two. All of which I look forward to sharing with you in due course.      

To alleviate any concerns, I ought to add that I in no way associate myself with the ONE LIFE LIVE IT brigade and save for the additon of an aftermarket CD player, my old Rover is completely original and that is how I will be keeping it. No bob-tailing, 11ft aerials, oversized tyres, gibberish stickers, roof-mounted fog lights, winches or other such adornments, thank you very much. But if that's your bag, then good for you. I prefer to use my vehicle within the (already very capable) limits for which it was designed.