ULEZ?

stuboy

Can someone clarify for me? There is a campsite that has now come within the ULEZ. If we  visit and arrive on site and park for a few days with out leaving, or re entering the zone. Do we still pay for every day the car is parked on site, until we leave?

11 hours ago, stuboy said:

i dont live in the big city, why are they allowing old smokey taxi,s... buses... hgv's....delivey vans...but penalising the working class..? can someone explain in simple terms to a 48 yr old, grumpy male please.

Haulage firms have said to supermarkets "We will pass on the cost or stop delivering" 

Supermarkets have said to The council "when there's nothing on the shelves, it's not our fault" 

33 minutes ago, Meter rat said:

Can someone clarify for me? There is a campsite that has now come within the ULEZ. If we  visit and arrive on site and park for a few days with out leaving, or re entering the zone. Do we still pay for every day the car is parked on site, until we leave?

you only pay when driving. Its £12.50 from when you enter the zone and its valid until 23.59 that same day.  The next £12.50 is due when you next drive past a camera 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

Haulage firms have said to supermarkets "We will pass on the cost or stop delivering" 

Supermarkets have said to The council "when there's nothing on the shelves, it's not our fault" 

Tens of thousands of items on a trailer, that's minute fractions of a penny per item. Empty shelves is absolutely the supermarket's fault. 

4 hours ago, New POD said:

And one haulage firm won't charge or have compliant vehicles and pick up those jobs from those that can't. Those that can't will loose business until they either swallow the cost or upgrade their trucks. 

Haulage is cut throat enough and I can't see them all staying ganged together if there is an opportunity for work that others can't or won't do.