The grumpy thread

outlaw118

post-20217-0-91662600-1546425998_thumb.jpg

I believe one of the most common ways to crack a tooth is hydraulic action when you squeeze food into a hole in the tooth, the pressure builds & splits the tooth. I cracked one on something daft like a bacon sarnie once.

Ten to six this morning that little shit from next door starts.For the next hour all I can hear is this wailing.It's like the Clangers singing Minions tunes very fucking loudly from 5.50 am onwards.

Luckily they are in a housing association house so I've made an anti-social behaviour complaint.I know the housing will come back with "that's not really anti-social behaviour" at ten to fucking six in the morning it is.

Might need to get a diary and record the times and make an audio recording.It is beyond a joke.

Trains.

First day back in the smoke today after 4 months of weekend engineering works and no service since 21 December for engineering works. This morning we are held in Romford/Ilford area because of some defective track!!  I mean FFS! What have they been doing?  There cannot be anything left to replace on that stretch of line.  Nearly every weekend for the last 16 years that I have been using that line you are greeted with a bus on the weekends rather than a train.

Prompted by Christine's mention of Luther on the grin thread, why do TV dramas seem to occupy a parallel universe where there's a permanent power cut, or at least a brown out that causes all lights to emit the same lumination as a depressed glow worm? The stygian gloom is mystifying and very distracting.

Bought a more powerful LED bulb for the spare room this afternoon - the Poundland bulbs are decent enough but at 40W equivalent they're not really man enough to light a medium-sized room properly.  Went to remove the old bulb and the whole bastard light fitting pulled off the ceiling - both wires had snapped clean in two.  Excellent - just what I wanted to do after a completely manic first day back at work, spend half an hour perched on a wobbly chair trying to get the bastard thing wired back up again.  Got there in the end, but it now sits somewhat closer to the ceiling than it did before...

Further to my previous ravioli/Tesco rant, the recipe for their cheesey puff/balls/ snack appears to have been "improved" too, since last purchased.

They now are not so cheesey and taste a bit stale.

CHRISTMAS IS RUINED etc

I had my moment of this in the middle of Christmas dinner.

We don't generally drink alcohol, but had a variety of things on the table, including some of the more fancy stuff than usual. Red grape Scholer (or however it's spelled) is a favourite of mine...burned only usually get it at this time of the year as it's expensive.

I took a sip and nearly spat it back out all over my dinner

Of course they've done the same thing as everyone else and replaced the sugar with bloody sweeteners haven't they. So it tastes to me like someone has dumped a couple of tablespoons of vinegar in the bottle.

Back to the classic coke or Pepsi then.

Trains.

First day back in the smoke today after 4 months of weekend engineering works and no service since 21 December for engineering works. This morning we are held in Romford/Ilford area because of some defective track!!  I mean FFS! What have they been doing?  There cannot be anything left to replace on that stretch of line.  Nearly every weekend for the last 16 years that I have been using that line you are greeted with a bus on the weekends rather than a train.

You are Reginald Perrin AICMFP

18 minutes late Miss Jones - badger stuck in the points at Wapping.