The grumpy thread

outlaw118

I quite liked Breadvan to be fair, an intelligent and rather colourful character.

Yep. I reckon we’d have got on pretty well. I don’t agree with the way he behaved, but at least he was on here posting about cars and not just for an incessant bitch. He did help a few guys out too with legal counsel which I thought was a nice touch.

He’s still fairly active on PH if you want to see what he’s up to. It’s fair to say things have moved on somewhat!

I quite liked Breadvan to be fair, an intelligent and rather colourful character.

I met him once, he and Skizzer came and collected my old Granada. Got to speak as you find, he’s a really nice bloke imho.

Skizzer on the other hand...

(Only joking!)

I met him once, he and Skizzer came and collected my old Granada. Got to speak as you find, he’s a really nice bloke imho.

Skizzer on the other hand...

(Only joking!)

He let me have a drive of that! Probably the only time I'll ever drive a car that old or with a granada badge on the back sadly and it was lovely!

Yep. I reckon we’d have got on pretty well. I don’t agree with the way he behaved, but at least he was on here posting about cars and not just for an incessant bitch. He did help a few guys out too with legal counsel which I thought was a nice touch.

He’s still fairly active on PH if you want to see what he’s up to. It’s fair to say things have moved on somewhat!

Hasn't he emigrated?

From memory it was other posters insulting him & the then admins refused to remove all said posts when he demanded it. He then threatened libel or similar.

But that is just from memory of what little us normal members got told.

From memory it was other posters insulting him & the then admins refused to remove all said posts when he demanded it. He then threatened libel or similar.

But that is just from memory of what little us normal members got told.

Why would other members gang up to insult him in the first place?

Please can we not scrape up Dave-gate again? That was very devisive.

Can someone put a link up to the mess if it's still around then we never speak of it again?

I said I agreed with 'the other side to a point' to bv and he told me never to contact him again. Which was sad, but then I heard about the spousal issues so chalked it down to that and never thought of it again

Spent the day at my grans today and my fuck their getting old! It's a big shame, the garden is terrible and I know thats whats cutting them up the most... Just started conversations with the family to all be there at the same time one week and gut the place a bit for them to easily manage... It used to be a RHS show winner too, they used to open it up for the open days.

Grrr, growing up sucks!

Spent the day at my grans today and my fuck their getting old! It's a big shame, the garden is terrible and I know thats whats cutting them up the most... Just started conversations with the family to all be there at the same time one week and gut the place a bit for them to easily manage... It used to be a RHS show winner too, they used to open it up for the open days.

Grrr, growing up sucks!

Very shit, make the most of the time, be available and make some more memories whilst you can. Apologies for the miserable stuff but do it.

Grrr, growing up sucks!

By far the worst thing about being involved with the local community minibus is the exposure it gives you to getting old. Watching couples where one has dementia and goes from being someone you had a weekly chat with, to someone who hasn't got a clue what's going on, while their partner struggles to come to terms with it. Watching them lose their mobility and independence - little things like having to get someone in to cut their toenails. It's quite frightening to be honest. We can make ourselves live longer and longer, but our bodies don't seem to be keeping up with medical advances.

Yet, for all their troubles, they genuinely seem happy to be alive, finding great joy in each other's company, so it is heart-warming to be a part of that. It's just that it certainly isn't all happy times. I'd call in an eye-opener.

On the flipside, when I look at my sadly-departed grandmother (many decades ago), it's odd how she seemed really old (73 when she died) yet her children are now surpassing that, and somehow don't seem old. Funny old world. Sorry, I seem to have turned on philisophical mode.

half way through Star Wars whatever - The Fore Awakes. the first time i've seen it cos too tight to go and see it on the flicks, and DVD was too much money.

well its crap really. its just a knock off Star Wars 4 - A New Hope. The story is the fuckin' same, in fact its damn near identical.

only no where near as good. hell i even liked the phantom menace.....

and i've been looking forward to seeing it for like forever!!

at least we got Rogue One to watch later on.

i must be getting old/growing up/been a miserable old sod.

Regarding the 'getting old', I've just come back from the Westcountry, where most of my family lives.  Saw my Grandmother's (Mum's side), who's 89 and still all there - just not very mobile and frail.  Struggling to come to terms with it and falling out with people because of it.  Then on the other side, my Grandfather, who is 90, blind, autistic and was diagnosed with cancer just under two weeks ago.  Making the most of it, making us coffee, discussing his work and family matters, etc.

The icing on the cake was remembering his brother (my Great Uncle) - who is 85 - telling me about how he had recently taken a group of old people to Canterbury Cathedral for a day trip and helping them all out.  I guarantee he's older than most of them!

Different perspectives, I suppose.

Getting old must really suck, especially if there are bouts of ill-health along the way. Mentioned earlier in a thread that one of my granddads just gave up doing everything when he hit 70 and became so sedentary vascular dementia kicked in.

I do worry about my last remaining grandmother. Mind still sharp as a knife, her body's fallen to bits. Possibly worse for an old'un than dementia, cos they're still aware of things.

My gran (the only grandparent I've had my entire life) is now 92. She's still pretty good with her mind and mobility but my mum looks after her permanently, and I suspect she would have passed if that wasn't the case.

About a decade ago it was put to her to play bingo down at the community hall. Her response was 'no, as that's for old people.'

Been messaging someone on Facebook marketplace as was selling a Commodore 64 at a reasonable price locally, and had a photo of it connected to a TV working.

Agreed a price, got there saw it working, went to get money off mrs in car while he boxed it up, got home. C64 not working.

Opened it up, all the main chips are missing. I sent him a message, he appears to have blocked me as the thread has disappeared.

Not only that the Saab once again decides it's time to do a regen when I am running on fumes, making a diz stop necessary. Why does my car always want to regen when the tank is near enough empty?

What an utter bell end, I didn't realise they were getting sought after, thought they were still worth the square root of fuck all

Out of interest was it an original or facelift shape?

half way through Star Wars whatever - The Fore Awakes. the first time i've seen it cos too tight to go and see it on the flicks, and DVD was too much money.

well its crap really. its just a knock off Star Wars 4 - A New Hope. The story is the fuckin' same, in fact its damn near identical.

only no where near as good. hell i even liked the phantom menace.....

and i've been looking forward to seeing it for like forever!!

at least we got Rogue One to watch later on.

i must be getting old/growing up/been a miserable old sod.

No it is almost the exact same but with the added complication of being part of an existing story to which it doesn't fit.