The grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well, if fewer people ate cows there would be fewer of them.

But yes.  Pushing views on other people is a big no-no in my view.

I've been a vegetarian since 2010 but have never, ever tried to convert or persuade anybody to match my lifestyle choice and I always offer to bring my own food to parties...

Woken up at 2.30 am this morning by the police. Inform g me that missing foster child had been arrested for finding something before it was lost. So lack of sleep and lots of phone calls . On the bright side he appears to be staying in his en suite accommodation tonight so at least I won't be disturbed.

Is this the same one or a different one either way they sound troubled.

Same one sadly. Unfortunately due to cutbacks the lack of suitable semi secure placements means these kids will continue till they get sent to a young offenders institute. Which costs a lot more. Like my neighbours. Been evicted for not paying the £100 a month bedroom tax. Fair enough should pay it. Now the three if them,all adults. Have a room each at a premier inn costing how much a month? Say at least £2,000. So the local council can't pay the tax for them but then has to pay to accommodate them. The world is fucking mad.

So I'm at the very very final stages of becoming an electrician. This last stage, which should take about 6-12 months, has dragged on for almost 2 years because my damn accessor doesn't pick up his messages. I could finish this an thing tomorrow but hey, he's not answering his fucking messages again!

Same one sadly. Unfortunately due to cutbacks the lack of suitable semi secure placements means these kids will continue till they get sent to a young offenders institute. Which costs a lot more. Like my neighbours. Been evicted for not paying the £100 a month bedroom tax. Fair enough should pay it. Now the three if them,all adults. Have a room each at a premier inn costing how much a month? Say at least £2,000. So the local council can't pay the tax for them but then has to pay to accommodate them. The world is fucking mad.

Any money going to the private sector is better than money in the council if you're a T*ry.

TT didn't start first time again this morning. Even the second time it felt like it didn't want to run. :|

It's been doing it for a while. I hope it's just the battery is getting weak or something.

Mrs SiC also reports there is a ticking sound when running too. I noticed it a bit lumpy when idling - admittedly the engine was cold.

Probably fine... Or its giving warning it's about to shit itself... Or just old VAG car "quirks"...

Struggling to get anywhere 7:30 - 9am starts today

It can only be parents dropping their kids off at school before heading to work as the roads have been deserted for the last 5-6 weeks and people are still at work

Did your parents take you to school, ours walked , it's about 1.5 miles

No we walked but then again my mum kept the books for my dad's business so largely worked from home.

Not so many stay at home parents these days who can walk to school, drop the kids off, walk home then start work in the house.

Everybody is quick to criticise those who drive but they are probably going on to work further away so walking to and from school then going to work just isn't an option.

It can only be parents dropping their kids off at school before heading to work as the roads have been deserted for the last 5-6 weeks and people are still at work

My mum cycled with me from the day I started primary school, five miles each way down a busy main road. The only reason kids don't walk or cycle these days is the parents are lazy/idiots/believe the daily mail.

TT didn't start first time again this morning. Even the second time it felt like it didn't want to run. :neutral:

It's been doing it for a while. I hope it's just the battery is getting weak or something.

Mrs SiC also reports there is a ticking sound when running too. I noticed it a bit lumpy when idling - admittedly the engine was cold.

Probably fine... Or its giving warning it's about to shit itself... Or just old VAG car "quirks"...

Started on the second try? How the other half live eh? There are some of us who are happy with an engine that will begin firing on one after a minutes churning, another minute of feathering the throttle whilst fumbling Rosary beads praying the other cylinders will wake up rather than stalling and hacking up a plume of fuel out the carb and having to whip the plugs to pathetically wave over a Bic.

And perhaps a massive increase in traffic volume with oblivious idiots texting and driving on the NSL road with no pavement that they have to cycle down perhaps?

30 years ago the local farmer used to bring the cows in for milking twice a day half a mile down the main road I can't ever remember there being more than maybe 10 cars stopped, he stopped and sold up when in his words it wasn't safe to do it any more, last time there were traffic lights on the same road it caused gridlock...

Started on the second try? How the other half live eh? There are some of us who are happy with an engine that will begin firing on one after a minutes churning, another minute of feathering the throttle whilst fumbling Rosary beads praying the other cylinders will wake up rather than stalling and hacking up a plume of fuel out the carb and having to whip the plugs to pathetically wave over a Bic.

Have you been watching me trying to get my AMC going?

A cattle truck pulled up outside my house this morning and poured a heap of cow shit on the road.

The worst part is the drought water restrictions mean I'm not allowed to hose it off! My nosey neighbor will dob me into the plod if I do.

It stinks!

Got to stink for the neighbours too though, can you have a few* beers and pee on it to wash it away?

My mum cycled with me from the day I started primary school, five miles each way down a busy main road. The only reason kids don't walk or cycle these days is the parents are lazy/idiots/believe the daily mail.

Not really.  I take my daughter to school two mornings and collect her two evenings.  It's 18 miles each way because her Mum moved there when she left me.  I do park a bit away and walk with her the last bit - but I couldn't do it without using a car.

And I don't read the Fail unless someone sends me a link to the online version.

Not really.  I take my daughter to school two mornings and collect her two evenings.  It's 18 miles each way because her Mum moved there when she left me.  I do park a bit away and walk with her the last bit - but I couldn't do it without using a car.

And I don't read the Fail unless someone sends me a link to the online version.

Fair enough, there are exceptions. I was thinking of the majority who appear to think their kid can't walk 1/2 a mile around a housing estate.

Have you tried getting 3 kids under 7 ready to leave the house?

My Mrs and I'm sure many other mums start off with good intentions of walking to school only to end up bundling them in the car because there has been so much drama / pissing about / lost shoes / I don't want my hair brushed etc etc that they end up so late there isn't time to walk.

If I didn't start work at 7 then I'd leave the house early and hide in a lay by until they have gone. :-)

Someone's been out to see the car and straight away called it a stress fracture, so booked in on Thursday to try again!

That's good when I had the same with my capri the (large chain window company) idiots tried to say it had been hit with something, obviously so they didnt have to fit another because there was no impact point etc and it's location pointed to the fitting process causing it, the long and short I took it somewhere else which confirmed and when ispoke to the insurance they refunded my initial excess and I got the screen done at the 2nd place

No we walked but then again my mum kept the books for my dad's business so largely worked from home.

Not so many stay at home parents these days who can walk to school, drop the kids off, walk home then start work in the house.

Everybody is quick to criticise those who drive but they are probably going on to work further away so walking to and from school then going to work just isn't an option.

11-16 year olds don't need walking to school , they know where it is , I'm not talking about infants

A cattle truck pulled up outside my house this morning and poured a heap of cow shit on the road.

The worst part is the drought water restrictions mean I'm not allowed to hose it off! My nosey neighbor will dob me into the plod if I do.

It stinks!

Get it dug into the roses

We used to have a ton of shit delivered every year when i was a kid. Roses like a jungle.

TT didn't start first time again this morning. Even the second time it felt like it didn't want to run. :neutral:

As Ken has said, get rid. The ticking and rough running (and possibly even the struggle starting) are possibly signs the cam chain on the way, and when you do that you might as well do the belt too, yadda yadda. Oh, once you've fixed those it'll just 'do an Audi' and cost you money elsewhere.

Should have got a Saab.

My son starts big school today. I said he can go in the car but maybe he could think about cycling.

He says its too far.

I said it'll still be quicker.

He says he can afford the petrol.

I hope the kids are nice to him.

Welcome to our newly qualified bomb making, Mr Dangerous your new Chemistry Teacher.