The grumpy thread

outlaw118

6 minutes ago, iainrcz said:

I wouldn't have a clue what to do to be honest. I've worked there since I was 24. I'm 44 this year.

I’m being made redundant from where I’ve been for 22 years, something will turn up and, if you don’t like it, quit and move on. Life’s too short to be dreading going to work each day. I was there 22 years ago, left and have loved the last 22 years and am gutted at what’s happening but not afraid.

What he said. You've got another 20-odd years working to do, fuck doing something that makes you dread getting up in the morning. No point in getting fundamentalist about it and demanding everyone do a job they enjoy but it definitely shouldn't make you ill.

Hmmm. After mad Jean banned the Mrs. She sent dad a physical letter to put him in the picture and find out how he's doing. Got a snail mail back today.

Mad Jean can talk or not talk to who she likes. She wants to talk privately to the Mrs. and doesn't like me reading her messages. 

Well fuck off then. Perhaps if you sent Mrs messages instead of sending your nasty poison to me I wouldn't read it.

No doubt there will be further nonsense that nobody cares and they're dying of starvation. Given she's attacked everyone on her friends list this should come as no surprise. She posted she has no friends and got 1 reply. Reap what you sow love.

I am grumpy because when I went to check the 4 minibuses that I look after for a charity, 2 of the fuckers had EML on. No mention from the drivers. One also displayed DPF regeneration,  so I took it for a ride around the ring road... At the bottom of the hill it went into fucking limp mode as well. Managed to nurse it back up to the depot. Tomorrow it's off to the garage - Peugeot Boxer, 2.2, 14 plate, pre ad blue. Anyone any ideas?

19 hours ago, barefoot said:

I am grumpy because when I went to check the 4 minibuses that I look after for a charity, 2 of the fuckers had EML on. No mention from the drivers. One also displayed DPF regeneration,  so I took it for a ride around the ring road... At the bottom of the hill it went into fucking limp mode as well. Managed to nurse it back up to the depot. Tomorrow it's off to the garage - Peugeot Boxer, 2.2, 14 plate, pre ad blue. Anyone any ideas?

Best read the codes rather than guess. Do they do lots of round town stop start work! 

1 hour ago, artdjones said:

Best read the codes rather than guess. Do they do lots of round town stop start work! 

That's all they do, 10 years old with 55,000 miles, and used 5 days a week! Garage is replacing glow-plugs & doing a DPF regen. 

On 19/08/2024 at 18:38, barefoot said:

used to have fun with our minibus at work , it would get coked up during the day use , I would come along with a full load in the evening and clog it up and over the flyover with the resultant battleship like smoke screen out the offside exhaust pipe , which  with careful clogging  caught out the odd following BMW /Audi ..

For the past few years a local industrial estate i have customers on has had a lovely w123 always floating about, never seen the owner.  Always looked mint, It was always around. Now half the estate has been cleared and gated off. The w123 was parked in there, i assume the land owner owns it. 

Well its now windowless and had the roof caved in and smashed up by fuckwits. Such a shame.

This is a grump but does have a grin in there.

My Bose wireless earphones (a gift several years ago) have broken again, in the same way as the previous ones. I think this is either the fifth or sixth pair that Bose will have replaced under warranty.

The first two pairs were one generation, the subsequent ones have been the following generation product, and the next ones will be the generation that has superceded that. We will see if they have fixed the problem

At this rate, I'll never have to buy another set as it seems the warranty refreshes with every new pair. That's the grin. Grump is that according to their email, it could take up to eight weeks to replace them due to refurb work at their service centre....

• Like 2

Milton Keynes bloody council.  Please make at least SOME sort of effort at co-ordination of which bloody roads you put road works, temporary traffic lights and closures on.  It just took me a couple of minutes short of an hour to travel less than five miles.

There are few things more frustrating than a diversion sign pointing at a road closed sign.  Or indeed ten minutes later, a diversion ends sign pointing at yet another road closed sign...

At least they finally removed the diversion sign that was right next to a sign saying "Not suitable for diversion route."

16 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Milton Keynes bloody council.  Please make at least SOME sort of effort at co-ordination of which bloody roads you put road works, temporary traffic lights and closures on.  It just took me a couple of minutes short of an hour to travel less than five miles.

There are few things more frustrating than a diversion sign pointing at a road closed sign.  Or indeed ten minutes later, a diversion ends sign pointing at yet another road closed sign...

At least they finally removed the diversion sign that was right next to a sign saying "Not suitable for diversion route."

Aberdeen and Milton Keynes councils must have the same transport planners

5 minutes ago, Steviemillar said:

Aberdeen and Milton Keynes councils must have the same transport planners

I can't speak about who's involved with that up there now, but I can confidently say that if the head of Street Occupations that was in post when I worked for ACC 10+ years ago had seen the mess around here lately that they probably would have spontaneously detonated on the spot. 

I don't think there's any planners involved here from what I see - they just make it up as they go.  Which seems to go for everything that MK Council do.  Including interpretation of their own planning rules.  Which I'm only *slightly* bitter about because it's resulted in me essentially flushing five grand down the toilet.

28 minutes ago, Zelandeth said:

Lichfield did the same last week.  Came off the A38 to go into the city and didn't move for an hour and a half because of four-way temporary lights on a roundabout near Trent Valley station which was backing traffic right up ONTO the A38, right through the middle of the fucking pointless HS2 construction works which were making things twice as bad anyway.  And you couldn't even turn round and go back up the A38 because the northbound entry slip has been removed due to said bullshit rail works!

2012 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Petrol engine with cheese thermostat cover. It wet itself this morning with a fine misting of pink antifreeze on its way back here for a new starter motor. Apparently it's been losing smol amounts of coolant for months 🤷‍♂️

We spent two hours trying to get the four bolts that hold the thermostat in out - be a piss of piss if there wasn't a bloody aircon compressor in the way.
Maybe I missed some blindingly obvious shortcut or access point but, fuck me, what a total joke - and then, it rained.

2 hours ago, EyesWeldedShut said:

2012 Ford Fiesta 1.25 Petrol engine with cheese thermostat cover. It wet itself this morning with a fine misting of pink antifreeze on its way back here for a new starter motor. Apparently it's been losing smol amounts of coolant for months 🤷‍♂️

We spent two hours trying to get the four bolts that hold the thermostat in out - be a piss of piss if there wasn't a bloody aircon compressor in the way.
Maybe I missed some blindingly obvious shortcut or access point but, fuck me, what a total joke - and then, it rained.

Everything seems to be unbolt engine mounts and support and shove over…

lads 2006 fiesta water pump & PAS pump needed changing.. could barely get my hand on it ….  So he ignored the racket and cooked it a few weeks later.. 

6 hours ago, Low ontime said:

Everything seems to be unbolt engine mounts and support and shove over…

lads 2006 fiesta water pump & PAS pump needed changing.. could barely get my hand on it ….  So he ignored the racket and cooked it a few weeks later.. 

We looked at the water pump in case it was the source of the leak and were delighted to find that it wasn't - very awkward place that's in to be sure.
We just couldn't get onto one bolt for the thermostat as the clips holding the coolant pipes on were underneath - between the compressor and the thermostat - and we couldn't release them until we got the fitting off but we couldn't get to the bolt because the clips blocked the access.
Bloody faff.

19 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

My back failed on Monday and I'm still not good, hardly got out of bed today. And nothing seems to make it better.

I stick those heat patches on my clothes, eases after a couple of days if I rest.

Likely you don't have a £1 shop  any where near where you live though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

My back failed on Monday and I'm still not good, hardly got out of bed today. And nothing seems to make it better.

A good physio is worth his/her weight in gold. Maybe make a few calls for a recommendation, mine usually fixes me in a day.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, IronStar said:

A good physio is worth his/her weight in gold. Maybe make a few calls for a recommendation, mine usually fixes me in a day.

Beat me to it, that's what I usually do, that and muscle relaxants, because last time it'd gone into spasm 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mally said:

I stick those heat patches on my clothes, eases after a couple of days if I rest.

Likely you don't have a £1 shop  any where near where you live though.

I doubt it in Norway they use funny money-  kroner 😉😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

I doubt it in Norway they use funny money-  kroner 😉😅

Whats the postage to Norway?

Maybe I could drop some off in Fuengirola, it's full of Swedes and Norwegians.

amazing , the storm did a quieter job of emptying my bin and dumping it in the road than what the bin men do !

amazing , how many people can drive around a bin in the road and not get out and shift it !

amazing , how our bin was the only one to go walkies in the who street .

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, MikeR said:

amazing , the storm did a quieter job of emptying my bin and dumping it in the road than what the bin men do !

amazing , how many people can drive around a bin in the road and not get out and shift it !

amazing , how our bin was the only one to go walkies in the who street .

on top of that , the bin men have not showed up this morning !!

so if people had been told to keep the bins in , instead of at the kerb , handles out , lid closed ,no bags left by the bin , etc 

the estate would not look like a open tip this morning  !

On 11/08/2024 at 23:06, wuvvum said:

Lathams, earlier today. 

20240811_153225.jpg.c9693a907e89a35414d4876cbeda188f.jpg

Cunts. 

On 11/08/2024 at 23:18, New POD said:

That should be illegal. It probably is. 

If I wanted to get arrested and charged with conspiracy to commit arson, I'm sure a jury of 12 good men and women, would not convict.  But I'm not a dickhead and I'm nit going on social media, to incit a riot. 

Instead, I think you, need to go on "report a crime anonymously" and give the police details of this outrage. Its not even.September.  we haven't had halloween.  

Now this: https://www.theguardian.com/business/article/2024/aug/23/john-lewis-begins-christmas-countdown-with-most-hyped-toy-list

On 21/08/2024 at 21:49, EyesWeldedShut said:

My puma did that to me years ago in asda car park. Utterly fine for thousands of miles then we got back to the car with a full load of shopping and coolant everywhere! Big yellow taxi home and fitting it was a twat too iirc, was a bumper off job I think but removing the drivers headlight and some bleeding got it done. 

Good luck! 

FFS,

So, I bought a set of VW wheel trims for my Dad's B7 Passat. He's got a set of SERIOUSLY cheap wheel trims on there (just why? FFS) as they have a set of Summer tyres on them.

I bring the set of trims over with me, they were advertised as being 16" and my Dad confirmed his wheels were 16". I get to Brussels and settle in, then next day, I find the set if trims are TOO SMALL 😡 🤬

The tosser who sold them doesn't do returns either.

Fuck cars, seriously. Fuck cars off. 

5 hours ago, MikeR said:

on top of that , the bin men have not showed up this morning !!

so if people had been told to keep the bins in , instead of at the kerb , handles out , lid closed ,no bags left by the bin , etc 

the estate would not look like a open tip this morning  !

Its just your road, ours is clear of all rubbish.  My bin hasn't moved. Not an inch. The storm only took 8 apples off the tree, don't know what the fuss is about.