eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

1 hour ago, grogee said:

How much do you know about what's under the bonnet of that Favorit? My (bog standard) one had a 1.3 of some description, possibly OHV although couldn't swear to it. 

Yep, OHV engine. They bored it out to a 1.4 for the Fabia.

It must have been the last OHV in mass production. Lasted until 2003 I think. Does anyone know of a later one? Has a really short timing chain too. So short it doesn't have a tensioner. They can stretch a bit which makes them a bit rattly but I've never known one break or skip a tooth. 

16 minutes ago, Yoss said:

It must have been the last OHV in mass production. Lasted until 2003 I think. Does anyone know of a later one? Has a really short timing chain too. So short it doesn't have a tensioner. They can stretch a bit which makes them a bit rattly but I've never known one break or skip a tooth. 

Pretty sure you could still get an OHV Ka on an 04 then they went duratec. 

You certainly could on a 52/03/53 but they might have been run out spec. 

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

Grand Espace. Look at the size of it!

Looks good for a grand.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234394081514?hash=item3692f9d8ea%3Ag%3AqJUAAOSwZZ9h8YmA&LH_All=1

That does look nice, aged really well. 

Always remember the auctioneer up Leominster loving the 2.2 d engine in anything Renault "cracking engine in these, they really can move you know". 

Mage bought one once in a laguna to sell on and was shocked how well it went over the mountains on the way home. Sold it easily too, must have had a following back then as well. 

21 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Yep, the 1.2 HTP was developed as a replacement for the 1.4 8v. I think there's some 04-reg 1.4 MPIs kicking about but they'll be late-registrations.

9 hours ago, D.E said:

Woah!

I used to own a Java Green A4 in 2014-2016. Mine was 1.8T Quattro Sport. It's weird seeing an N/A 1.8 in that colour, or even just another A4 in that colour. I've never seen another one up until now.

Photo for proof. It was written off shortly after I sold it in 2016 when an HGV changed lane into the side of it. The new owner had only had it about 6 months or so.

IMG_20150405_171823534.thumb.jpg.ec4f9d3b5062ccd5ae1e66b70d92c769.jpg

It had a weird scratch on the wing when I bought it, so that plaster sticker got put over it, because I'm lazy.

I just noticed the advert even says:

and after internet searching I have only found one old  posting of another in the UK and unsure if that car still exists ?

Nope!

5 hours ago, Metal Guru said:

5.0 V10. Wasn’t that a diesel ? I thought these were 6.0 W12.

Yeah, the W12 was the top of the range. If a v10 diesel wasn't good enough VW also sold you a V12 diesel, you'd have to pop over to Audi to get that though, only available in the Q7.

19 hours ago, vaughant said:

Seems like that might do someone a good turn for a year or two. Impressive to have covered all those miles and still look reasonably decent. These don't rot that bad and the 1.9tdi is a great lump. Must have been well looked after to go for all that time. 

Probably got another 100k in it, or more if looked after.

2 hours ago, Poweredbyhopealone said:

Located in Sheffield. This pic was taken outside what looks to be the Scotch Piper pub in Lancashire.

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.486bd937c3f152139ecc31beedf86d12.jpg

JS116268700.thumb.jpg.aa19c60d6bdd35214266061574e68e93.jpg

338328801_Screenshot2022-01-27114358.png.badc3d41a49aee49f442dd85a35c10f0.png