eBay tat volume 3.

Ross_K

I'm pretty moist for this, it's been long enough since the last one that I can forget how painful it was to get the bastard through an MOT.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Alfa-Romeo-156-Ti-Sportwagon/124404468231

It's even got nearly a matching list of MOT fails to my last one, 4 tyres, brake and suspension shizz and n/s/r sill/floor welding. 

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Nearside Front Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure misshapen (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Offside Front Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure misshapen (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Tyre has a bulge, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure misshapen (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Tyre has a tear, caused by separation or partial failure of its structure (5.2.3 (d) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Tyre tread depth below requirements of 1.6mm (5.2.3 (e))

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Front Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp insecure (4.1.1 (c))
  • Offside Front Headlamp insecure (4.1.1 (c))
  • Front Brake disc significantly and obviously worn Both sides (1.1.14 (a) (i))
  • Rear Brake disc significantly and obviously worn Both sides (1.1.14 (a) (i))
  • Offside Rear Parking brake inoperative on one side (1.4.1 (a))
  • Front Service brake excessively fluctuating Both sides (1.2.1 (e))
  • Nearside Front Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
  • Offside Front Headlamp aim too low (4.1.2 (a))
  • Offside Front Road wheel badly distorted (5.2.2 (c) (i))
  • Offside Front Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))
  • Offside Front Upper Suspension arm ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Inner Drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (6.1.7 (g) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Suspension component mounting prescribed area excessively corroded significantly reducing structural strength (5.3.6 (a) (i))

3 minutes ago, petermcpete said:

If not posted already.....

"Morris traveller pickup project for sale 5.000 ono when done worth 15.000 just don't have the time"

Oh dear...hoping it's £5, not £5k for a project.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/268805727766390

122075222_4829518847088464_1469265919322993734_n.jpg.dce08b9fa0f6e41e1f8a9d8b93807b30.jpg

Neither do I. It's a traveller partly cut up which would be better left as a traveller.

I'm too old to get stressed out about people ruining old cars with half-arsed modifications like I used to (certain exceptions apply of course), but I definitely get properly wound up about people making a start on their half-arsed mods and then selling of the project halfway through because they CBA finishing it off. That Minor is an excellent example - it looked like it was pretty much ready to go in the first pic, and a really late Traveller in that proper '70s colour would make such a nice little car to run around in. Now it is literally just a pile of scrap. I suppose if you have a rotten Traveller you could transfer all the rear bodywork over to this one, but then you'd have to paint it and that would destroy the lovely patina... these people are just thick and really shouldn't be allowed to own old cars.

45 minutes ago, barrett said:

I'm too old to get stressed out about people ruining old cars with half-arsed modifications like I used to (certain exceptions apply of course), but I definitely get properly wound up about people making a start on their half-arsed mods and then selling of the project halfway through because they CBA finishing it off. That Minor is an excellent example - it looked like it was pretty much ready to go in the first pic, and a really late Traveller in that proper '70s colour would make such a nice little car to run around in. Now it is literally just a pile of scrap. I suppose if you have a rotten Traveller you could transfer all the rear bodywork over to this one, but then you'd have to paint it and that would destroy the lovely patina... these people are just thick and really shouldn't be allowed to own old cars.

Yup I have not seen a late Minor in that BL colour for ages -I think it is 1970' s Harvest Gold.

On a purely practical basis I have always found estates more useful than pick-ups for general use - so creating a pick-up is not a particularly useful move IMHO.

38 minutes ago, lesapandre said:

Yup I have not seen a late Minor in that BL colour for ages -I think it is 1970' s Harvest Gold.

Sorry for being a pedant but it's Limeflower (same as my mk3 ado16); as far as I know Harvest gold never quite made it onto a Minor.  I'd love a limeflower or aqua traveller but fear that ship has long since sailed.

19 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

although gumtree does not let you directly copy and paste images, you can extract them quite easily if you go digging in the website back end/source :) 

image.thumb.png.d7ddb53ea6070357e62f10cf7f99c0ef.png

like so :) (and then you can right click the image preview on the right and copy it or open it in its own tab etc)

image.thumb.png.b379ef9a2f6a8fffc7c1f8e3bab0febc.png

(hopefully you can make it out still, the Forum software has shrunk the screen shot...)

Control+I on Firefox brings up a  page info window. Open Media and scroll through the images until you find the one you want. Copy and past the link in new browser window. Right click  copy and paste on this forum.

43 minutes ago, 17-Coffees said:

Looks a peach that does, not even got yellowed headlamps! Some correct font age related plates and the original stereo back in it and it would appear factory fresh

Incontinent Amica in glos.... close to @kiltox iirc?

A0E34D31-C1D7-43B8-A4F3-018AEA189FEC.thumb.png.f4dfc8c73a3826b8017323c24b8c93b8.png

3 hours ago, 320touring said:

For fuck's sake don't @Dave_Q

I still suffer PTSD when I hear squeaking after the last one

Never, ever again with someone else’s for me. Just get someone to drop you off somewhere threatening late at night in the rain and dark. Whilst there you can make a list of everything that went wrong. Then set fire to about a grand and you’ll have squeezed the Alfa experience gland dry enough for the next year or two.

8 hours ago, Dave_Q said:

I'm pretty moist for this, it's been long enough since the last one that I can forget how painful it was to get the bastard through an MOT.

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-Alfa-Romeo-156-Ti-Sportwagon/124404468231

It's even got nearly a matching list of MOT fails to my last one, 4 tyres, brake and suspension shizz and n/s/r sill/floor welding. 

Brave!!