Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

Not shite related; does anyone know what these are for? They're about 8" long.

Looks like cooking skewers to me.  poked through a rolled up piece of meat to stop it coming undone in the oven.

Bfg

The old man is visiting me this lunchtime so I'm hoping me and him holding the breaker bar while Mrs D turns the key will hold it sturdy. Dad's a big strong bloke as well, just 5" shorter than me.

I wouldn't be holding the breaker bar!

Wedged is the key word.

Indeed. End of breaker bat on an axle stand. Tieed to axle stand and stand ratchet strapped between front wheels so none of the bots can move. Also put sheet of ply between radiator and front of engine to prevent socket end of breaker bar going through rad fans and ac condenser. Btdt as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dad and I held the breaker bar last Saturday while the Mrs turned the engine over as there wasn't anywhere suitable to rest the bar against without causing potential damage or having to remove the PAS pump. I'd whipped the plugs out so it turned over smoothly, not pulsing as you get with compression. Gave no resistance at all to 6ft and 6ft 5 of (ex) rugby player.

Turned out getting the new belt on was harder as incredibly tight fit. Plus wearing gardening gloves.

Typically, that video was posted whilst I was out digging around in my shed for mine!  I found a newer one that I don't even remember buying.  Push and twist is how it works too, but you shouldn't need a vice.

It's not a tool I use very frequently, tbh.  I think I bought it so it was there if I ever needed to unscrew the door hinges on my Land Rover, but I can't imagine using it for many other things.

I think this one appears to be fecked, I've now got it stuck in the middle not turning either way. Wasn't too dear, but a bit of a gamble with old tools. I don't think it was the seller on the make.

Only reason I didn't buy a new cheapy was mixed reviews on whichever one I looked at.

Purpose was extra help with Invacar screws where I don't have power at the lock-up.

Thanks all.

https://www.toolstation.com/impact-driver-bit-set/p90581

They’re not expensive new if you can’t get it shifting

The Toolstation one is crap....butter metal.. Funnily enough ,I bought a cheap one from the market years ago and it's never failed ,but i couldn't find it , so bought the toolstation one as it was cheap too.

It knackered first wallop ,it was only on a brake disc screw as well .

I asked on my Moodus thread, but no answers.

Anyone know where the switch for the boot light is on 2004 (54 reg) Renault Modus is? Light stayed on and flat battery resulted. Bulb removed for now, but I'd like a proper fix.

I think it's based on Mk3 Clio so may be the same

I asked on my Moodus thread, but no answers.

Anyone know where the switch for the boot light is on 2004 (54 reg) Renault Modus is? Light stayed on and flat battery resulted. Bulb removed for now, but I'd like a proper fix.

I think it's based on Mk3 Clio so may be the same

It's built into the boot latch, but if you can live without the light it's easiest to remove the bulb.