Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

SiC, try the factor out in MSN, I forget their name but they were very good for the fleeting time I lived out there.

PS, brake cleaner is v.good for de-greasing prior to sparking up, it makes a good difference in getting a nice weld. I wouldn't have thought there'd be any problems with hydrogen chloride forming because I can't see a CFC-based degreaser being legal to sell.

Yeah whatever I need to use. I believe the body is predominantly 0.8mm steel. So 0.31in in proper and sensible units.

FTFTY, we're English so we don't speak french!

Fancy a LWB 4x4 for a trip that is at the start of planning stage. Anyone offer advice on Pajero's? There are loads over here in Albania and Kosovo, mostly 1990's of the diesel variety. Only want to pay shite money, so anything else worth considering as well?

A few I have seen here have had in excess of 400,000 kms on the odometer and don't seem too bashed about underneath, considering some of the roads they are driven on.

Je suis écossais et je parlerai français si je veux, alors vous pouvez aller jeter de la merde à la lune!

Exactly why I said English. Scotland & frogshire have always been the auld alliance.

Fancy a LWB 4x4 for a trip that is at the start of planning stage. Anyone offer advice on Pajero's? There are loads over here in Albania and Kosovo, mostly 1990's of the diesel variety. Only want to pay shite money, so anything else worth considering as well?

A few I have seen here have had in excess of 400,000 kms on the odometer and don't seem too bashed about underneath, considering some of the roads they are driven on.

Land Cruisers are best,then Isuzu Trooper,then Pajero.Pajeros crack heads.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of the Toyota Surfs? I can't remember many Shoguns/ Pajaros with engine issues, the first diesels aren't fast or economical my I used to get about 18 mpg from a Lwb 2.5 td auto Pajero we had for a while, would do low to mid 20s on a long run though.

I seem to recall the 2.5s did crack heads but the 2.8s didn't?

Ford pervs, a question . I bought this radio in the charity for my fiesta mk1 . The console  in the car has already been cut larger for a moderish cd player and i thought I would make up a new front to cover the hole ,and put this original type radio in .. However it  seems too large so i guess earlier ones were a bit narrower across the width ?? It's dated 1990   ...  

attachicon.giffast cars 064.jpg

By 1990 I'd have thought it should be a standard DIN radio size. Do you have the mounting cage as well?

The MmmV6's V5 document came through today (after the previous keeper sent it off on 1st August).

They've got both my first name and surname wrong. Address and postcode is right.

Does this need rectifying with urgency or, as I'm unlikely to keep the car more than a couple of months, should I just ignore it?

I've done some more Googling and the advice ranges from 'sort it out to prevent there being issues if you're tugged' to 'my name's not been right on any V5 I've had and I've never bothered with it'.

I guess my concern is, even if I tick the right boxes, they'll add a 'new keeper' to it.

Did the Jaguar XJ SIII ever come with a single wiper arm?

I’m trying to buy one on eBay but the seller insists it’s for a single wiper XJ SIII which I believe does not exist.

XJ40s have a single wiper, could that be what it’s off?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173499692655

Did the Jaguar XJ SIII ever come with a single wiper arm?

I’m trying to buy one on eBay but the seller insists it’s for a single wiper XJ SIII which I believe does not exist.

XJ40s have a single wiper, could that be what it’s off?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com.au%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F173499692655

I think you're right, they went to single wiper with the XJ40.

Yo.

Complete refurbishment of the Pinto top end commenced last night. I learnt so much - so huge thanks to Alf892.

What I now need is a complete head set for a pinto.  What brand would be considered respected for this?  By the time we've put all of this time, effort and love into the gig - it deserves 'nice things'.

Thanks.