Ask a Shiter

warren t claim

Thanks chaps for all your input,

the reason it doesn't feel right to me is the same way I feel when I go to pick up my boss and have to sit around waiting doing nothing, it just doesn't feel right getting paid for doing nothing, some might see that as strange but I guess that's who I am,

I have worked for wealthy people all my working life and I wouldn't swap places with any of them that's why money is not my god,

I once told my boss when we had a wage discussion that if I wanted more money I would go and work at mcdonalds instead of 35 hrs per week working for him.

Give it a good clean, service and sell it for a small profit? I think the WBAC quote is a bit salty but similar ones have sold for £3k+ on eBay. Seems like big money for a thirsty but not powerful old school 4x4 with £mega tax.

"CHECK GEARBOX"

Yup, it hasn't fallen out... *ignores light*

Of an evening, when my wife asks me if I've checked the boiler (huge wood burning jobbie) I always say "yes, it's still there dear." It reminds me of the bit in John Carpenter's The Thing:

Garry - The generator's gone.

MacReady - Any way we can we fix it?

Garry -: It's *gone*, MacReady.

My Seat has run low on anti freeze, being VAG I believe it needs the pink/orange coloured antifreeze.

Now I cant find the antifreeze I need in my garage (think the missus has "tidied" it away with out telling me) but I do have good old fashioned blue anti freeze.

Can I mix the 2 without major issues or will this cause the ice caps to melt, and my mighty 1.2 engine to shit itself?

The thread about the Sesciento has got me itchy about a first car for the daughter. Seen  a w plate fester 1.3 with 8 months ticket on it. It's in a garage as an ex p/x for £450.00. Thoughts on it? My gut feeling is that it's better than a Ka but other then that I've not had a lot to do with them.

My colleague has bought a Spaceship spec Civic Type R, 8 years old, 36k, 3 weeks ago from a Honda dealers.

As she got used to that (in comparison to her previous Puma, which I need to put in the Tat thread...), she noticed that the clutch was squeaking. This has been diagnosed as a duff master cylinder (by a different Honda franchise). Unsurprisingly, she's not happy that it wasn't spotted before she bought it.

So what rights does she have? Honda are playing hardball atm, but I would have thought that as a main stealers, they would have had a duty of care to make sure that something fairly noticeable like that is sorted before it is stuck on the forecourt.

My Civic has this exact fault. There is a Honda bulliten around about this. Basically you can either grease the shaft up with quality stuff every so often, replace the master cylinder or do what I do and just ignore it. It's a known fault though and even with the master cylinder changed the fault will come back again eventually. Personally as everything else mechanically seems fine with mine, I CBA spending out fixing it. Cylinder iirc is around £300 main dealer.

Have a look around www.civinfo.com . Very good forum. Should be able to build up a list of prior cases where Honda has fixed it. If its a Honda approved used, it might be worth getting onto Honda UK and having a moan directly to them.

The thread about the Sesciento has got me itchy about a first car for the daughter. Seen  a w plate fester 1.3 with 8 months ticket on it. It's in a garage as an ex p/x for £450.00. Thoughts on it? My gut feeling is that it's better than a Ka but other then that I've not had a lot to do with them.

Worth getting some insurance quotes on specific cars first, the 1.0 Arosa my youngest two both had as first cars was about 40% cheaper than a 1.0 Polo, for example.

I think KA to Fiesta might be the same.

I would recommend an Arosa or Lupo to anyone as they don't feel flimsy like most small cars , there is the fear that your offspring may develop pineapple tendencies though, luckily mine haven't.

Anyone got any idea why an oil filter disintegrates like this? Removed from son's 2006 Astra 1.4 recently bought with no history and an engine change anyway. Suprisingly the oil light wasn't misbehaving, I hope I rounded all the bits of paper up. I've had one squashed in in a BMW 540i but not seen this before.

post-17633-0-67012100-1450562236_thumb.jpg

Anybody had any experience of Autoaid breakdown cover.

http://www.autoaidbreakdown.co.uk

Yes, I use them. Have called them out once when my Smax battery failed completely. Nothing to pay on the callout, which leaves me to think that minor fixes don't require the pay and claim rigmarole. They were efficient on the phone, so no complaints. A+++ would use again.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk