Things in car adverts that make you go "Oh F*** Off"

UltraWomble

Trawling the autotrader and the bay of E and there are several things that boil my piss, not the usual first to see will buy - I went to see a 306 this morning, I was the first one to see it as it came in yesterday, I didnt buy it despite the roll of slightly grubby £20's in my pocket, anyway that doesnt boil my urine as much as adverts in ALL CAPITALS like this one in Autotrader:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201309048615689/sort/locasc/postcode/pr31uu/onesearchad/used%2Cnearlynew%2Cnew/usedcars/price-to/2500/quicksearch/true/maximum-mileage/up_to_45000_miles/radius/1500/page/11/price-from/1000?logcode=p

BUY WITH CONFIDENCE A VERY CLEAN EXAMPLE. NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH HIGH MILEAGE SCRAP-YARD VERSIONS ADVERTISED ELSEWHERE AS THIS IS A CHERISHED EXAMPLE THAT WILL NOT DISAPPOINT & STANDS OUT FROM THE REST. SUPERB

This choice phrase as well as the clear lack of punctuation and the over use of the BRIAN BLESSED key on the keyboard which appear on all his adverts makes me want to hurl bricks through the showroom window.

The other one that makes me want to douse my laptop in something flammable and strike a match is the missed digit on the milage so searching for a sub 45000 mile car you get all sorts of shitbags in the search where the declared milage is say 22000 then in the advert it says "actual mileage 422000" on some ex taxi VAG saloon.

Cnuts.

Also, the cheapskates on Autotrader selling cars in the sub £1000 section then mentioning in the advert that the car is actually up for £1,995 (Not £995)

Well done Mr Bellend, your car will not been seen by people searching for £2k cars, but will be seen by people looking at cars for £1k, But at least you saved a tenner on the advert fee.

Aircon not working, probably just needs regassing,

Have owned car for 2 years but only got new keepers part of log book

Picture not of actual car but one that looks much better than mine

Picture of interior taken through drivers window as I'm too lazy to open the door

Took us on a family holiday to Tristan da cuhna 5 years ago and never missed a beat.

I agree ,age related scuffs and scrapes is the most annoying.

I dunno, at least the seller is being honest as there is bound to be some twunt who pitches up at the car lot expecting a factory fresh 15 YO car for £600.

My daily is battered to fuck, not a single panel has escaped some dink, dent, scrape or scab. Luckily one of my kids is having it whereupon it will get more battered and probably covered in stickers. But If I were to sell it I would mention that it is scraped and battered as they dont show up in a typical low res camera phone pic.

Also, the cheapskates on Autotrader selling cars in the sub £1000 section then mentioning the in the advert that the car is actually up for £1,995 (Not £995)

Well done Mr Bellend, your car will not been seen by people searching for £2k cars, but will be seen by people looking at cars for £1k, But at least you saved a tenner on the advert fee.

That irritates me even more than the Brian Blessed advert and blatant lies but it probably shouldn't.

On Auto trader report report report, if it's the same dealer doing it over and over contact Auto Trader directly and complain about them. There was one dealer near-ish me selling modern shit people buy for the badge; Minis, Audi's, BMW's, cheap Porsches etc. Every car under £35k had the price set to the deposit the dealer wanted which was often £450 or so, the cheapest car they had at the time was £16k, so obviously with a £1000 or £1500 filter on a car being advertised for £450 that is actually £16k+ is useless. I reported all of their offending adverts once and nothing changed, I did it a second time and it stopped for a bit but when it came back I contacted Auto Trader directly and basically ranted about being shown cars that are irrelevant to my search criteria. That was about six months ago and I haven't seen a single car from that dealer since.

I can totally understand people using a library photo if they haven't got photos of their own vehicle yet, an advert with a photo will get more attention than one without I'm sure.

I tend to dislike overly pretentious adverts. Obviously not common on our sort of cars but these days if people want to ask strong money for any car you often find these phrases poshing up the ad and pushing up the price...

POA- size you up and get what they can out of you

Provenance- it has a nice history but your going to pay extra for it

Recently refreshed- tidied up a bit

Boilerplate templates that say "We also sell diesel, petrol, and lpg cars vans and crew vans with manual or automatic transmission; have air con or climate control; inverters, night heaters, are cat c or cat d repairables,....blah blah blah...." thereby making keyword searches useless. 

PS - Crew van with air con wanted.  LPG considered.

Saying shit like ' all extras' , then when you phone up it hasn't got any options at all. It's usually a giveaway when it lists electric windows on something like an S-Class.

I was recently looking at either another Chrysler 300 or 5 Series,every fucking 300 ad said Fully Loaded and none had a sunroof or nav. Guess what the only 2 options you can have on a 300 are?

Why is this a problem.

Because it is a lie.

The truth is he doesn't want to admit that it was him who ran that knackered piece of shit into the ground for the past three years, or did those daft body mods from plaster of Paris.

I dunno, at least the seller is being honest as there is bound to be some twunt who pitches up at the car lot expecting a factory fresh 15 YO car for £600.

My daily is battered to fuck, not a single panel has escaped some dink, dent, scrape or scab. Luckily one of my kids is having it whereupon it will get more battered and probably covered in stickers. But If I were to sell it I would mention that it is scraped and battered as they dont show up in a typical low res camera phone pic.

Still, none of this is age related. Cars don't develop wrinkles with age, like humans do. There are decades old cars out there without the slightest blemish.

"Norman was born in March 1995 in a factory in La belle France. As a small car he travelled to the UK and set up home in Renault Romford, waiting for the day when his new owners would come and fall in love with him"

It's a fucked Clio in the spares or repairs section mate. Just say "Clio, fucked, £150" and save us all some time.

Or last week it wouldn't start and I haven't got the time or knowledge to sort it

Translation:

It is so stuffed that Ed China, Fuzz Townsend, and the beardy one off Fast and Loud spent 72 hours solid on it and have no idea.