Things in car adverts that make you go "Oh F*** Off"

UltraWomble

This. It's illegal to take a photo showing the drivers recaro bolster in a crapi.

This. When I bought mine, the nice chap in Liverpool (who was out when I turned up, keys with a neighbour) was thoughtful enough to leave a nice seat cover over the driver's seat for me  :roll:

That sort of punctuation-free stream-of-consciousness advert does my head in.  I'd swerve it for that reason alone - not to mention the service history to 80,000 miles, which makes me think it hasn't seen so much as an oil change since.  

12 points and mileage going up daily as he's still driving it ...

It's not unreasonable to believe that DVLA would honour the conditions that were in place when he handed them a large sum of money.

As a trader he really should know better. If he were private I could possibly forgive him and let him off with a swift kick to the shin.

Everything about the new Corsa advert.... Its so bad i am not even going to link it....

This!!!! A terrible advert, and the music really grates. I can't see it making anyone want to buy a Corsa. Apologies, but here it is...

Compare and contrast with this, the current Hyundai i20 advert - quirky, clever, sounds pleasant, everything the Corsa advert is not. I put it here simply because I saw them together in one ad break and it just emphasised how dire the Vauxhall effort is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUgWICyNP7Y

"Engine runs nicely, no knocks or bangs"

Surely - the part after the comma is unecessary? You've just told me the engine runs nicely - if an engine makes a 'bang!' noise then it's not running nicely.

Why is it always this precise phrase - 'no knocks or bangs'? What if it rattles, squeals or clatters? Is that all ok, so long as it doesn't knock or bang? Shut up!!

Shill bidding :(

Strongly suspect Im being bid up on a car, what annoys me if I am is its my own family doing it. Long story, car belongs to an aunt who went into a home, son wants £££££ for it, but wants to punt on the bay.

No serious bids till he emails me and tells me what the reserve is, I lob a bid in, minutes later, outbid, lob another in, same again - but only just outbid, not outbid by a lot. Just enough to encourage me to pop another bid in....

so grab a peace of Volkswagen history and make your self an investment because the 16v only seem to be going up in price as there few and far between now. '

(direct quote)

This for a poxy Mk 3 Golf Gti with scene tax applied.

And the term '' grab '' is a very selfish Thatcherite neo-liberal robber baron way of seeing the world, isn't it ?

(yes, I've just come home from a bad day 'at the office' )

"Engine runs nicely, no knocks or bangs"

Surely - the part after the comma is unecessary? You've just told me the engine runs nicely - if an engine makes a 'bang!' noise then it's not running nicely.

Why is it always this precise phrase - 'no knocks or bangs'? What if it rattles, squeals or clatters? Is that all ok, so long as it doesn't knock or bang? Shut up!!

I always thought that was referring to the bodywork :oops: