LightBulbFun's Invacar & general ramble thread, index on page 1, survivors lists on Pages 24/134 & AdgeCutler's Invacar Mk12 Restoration from Page 186 onwards, still harping on...

LightBulbFun

14 hours ago, warren t claim said:

I wish I had the same amount of good advice that you're getting at your age except about women instead of cars.

Advice is overrated. The fun is in the finding out, just ask that bloke who had the windows put through on his C-Max.

3 minutes ago, Marshall2810 said:

Saw this whilst browsing as it's near me.s this of any interest @LightBulbFun? 66k and full MOT 

IScreenshot_20240201_172814_Gumtree.thumb.jpg.7cb959f567ccfdb31a39a85399111a83.jpg

Sadly it looks like its a manual (and its a good few hundred quid more expensive then the previous one)

https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renault-kangoo-1.2-petrol-wheelchair-accesible-roof-rack-low-mileage-/1473420119

but I appreciate you thinking of me/giving me the heads up :) 

18 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

haha, I had not actually, I mean in my searches I had seen the odd redbubble Invacar thing, but usually its just a common image or what have you slapped on a shirt/pillow

but that looks like a proper design someone put together specifically for slapping onto a shirt, I quite like it! I might see about getting one for myself, Just wondering if the artist has a direct store front or such, i'd like to make sure I support them as directly as possible 

I mean they have a facebook page with a website URL, but its an expired domain by the looks of things 

https://www.facebook.com/BlacksoupWillRuleTheWorld/

the only thing I would done different is "80mph+ in reverse"  or "80Mph+ Forwards and Backwards!" instead of "60 Mph downhill"

since the often quoted top speed of a Model 70 is 82Mph, (and they can certainly do 60 plus without the need of a hill)

but one of the Model 70 party tricks so to speak, is because of its CVT transmission, one will go as fast backwards as it can go forwards!* and thats certainly gotten a few peoples attention when I mentioned that fact about REV for example LOL

so I think that would be a better text to have on the side, :) 

*although I am not sure what exactly the fastest someones ever actually gotten a Model 70 up to reverse! 

I dont think a J turn at 60Mph would end well LOL (not to mention the fact you cant change gear on a Model 70 on the move since theres no way of manually pulling in the clutch itself )

9 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

haha, I had not actually, I mean in my searches I had seen the odd redbubble Invacar thing, but usually its just a common image or what have you slapped on a shirt/pillow

but that looks like a proper design someone put together specifically for slapping onto a shirt, I quite like it! I might see about getting one for myself, Just wondering if the artist has a direct store front or such, i'd like to make sure I support them as directly as possible 

I mean they have a facebook page with a website URL, but its an expired domain by the looks of things 

https://www.facebook.com/BlacksoupWillRuleTheWorld/

the only thing I would done different is "80mph+ in reverse"  or "80Mph+ Forwards and Backwards!" instead of "60 Mph downhill"

since the often quoted top speed of a Model 70 is 82Mph, (and they can certainly do 60 plus without the need of a hill)

but one of the Model 70 party tricks so to speak, is because of its CVT transmission, one will go as fast backwards as it can go forwards!* and thats certainly gotten a few peoples attention when I mentioned that fact about REV for example LOL

so I think that would be a better text to have on the side, :) 

*although I am not sure what exactly the fastest someones ever actually gotten a Model 70 up to reverse! 

I dont think a J turn at 60Mph would end well LOL (not to mention the fact you cant change gear on a Model 70 on the move since theres no way of manually pulling in the clutch itself )

There's a hoodie also  https://www.redbubble.com/i/hoodie/Invacar-70-by-blacksoup/36237988.YFBT8

I kind of hope you'll wear some of this when you get yours back and drive it again.

43 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

hah cool, shame its not a zipper sort or I would certainly get one, but those pull over sorts are a bit painful for me to put on

but I realise the design probably would not work well with a zipper through the middle! 

46 minutes ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

I kind of hope you'll wear some of this when you get yours back and drive it again.

what do you think I was wearing when I passed my driving test :mrgreen:

On 27/01/2024 at 22:29, LightBulbFun said:

sorry I do apologise there that was a poor choice of words in poor taste and not meant for you personally.

it was me lashing out, I have just gotten so fed up/pissed off with the general berating and piss-taking that I keep getting that I lost my rag

and im sorry that it happen to be on your direction so to speak

I do apologise for that

you have been most kind and courteous on several occasions for which I am and will always be most thankful and grateful for.

and once again I do apologise.

There is so much ableism and incredulity over anyone interested in "death traps"  in this forum, I'm nor surprised you lost your rag.  Everybody is free to be enthusiastic about anything they want... This forum is not a safe space as I discovered last year... screw the Trolls lurking... I'm already expecting a flaming  for this post... Sad Bastar*s

1 hour ago, brummiejon said:

There is so much ableism and incredulity over anyone interested in "death traps"  in this forum, I'm nor surprised you lost your rag.  Everybody is free to be enthusiastic about anything they want... This forum is not a safe space as I discovered last year... screw the Trolls lurking... I'm already expecting a flaming  for this post... Sad Bastar*s

Agree on 'everyone is free to be enthusiastic' but why should the forum be a safe space? for you or anyone? Forums are like pubs, most folk are ok but there are some cunts and dickheads also, if you don't like the atmosphere or general consensus it's your problem, not everyone else's to make you feel 'safe'  probably best to take yourself out of the equation if it upsets you too much that others have different opinions to yours.

22 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Agree on 'everyone is free to be enthusiastic' but why should the forum be a safe space? for you or anyone? Forums are like pubs, most folk are ok but there are some cunts and dickheads also, if you don't like the atmosphere or general consensus it's your problem, not everyone else's to make you feel 'safe'  probably best to take yourself out of the equation if it upsets you too much that others have different opinions to yours.

As Ricky Gervais, paraphrasing Salman Rushdie said:

"Everyone has the right to be offended. Everyone has the right to offend. But no one has the right to never be offended."

6 hours ago, red5 said:

Then, to paraphrase, this 'probably isn't the forum for you'. 😂

well this is my thread, so I rather a fair number of the current people posting do kindly piss off from it if  said people are just going to dick about in it, if people dont have anything relevant to post, please just take it elsewhere! I really dont see what @Sheefag sleeping with @R Lutz's mother is relevant to this thread...

to paraphrase further "this probably is not the thread for you" 

I get it, this is Autoshite Pub, there will be obscenities and fucking about like other internet forum or pub

but we cant post about Invacars outside of this thread, because people are fragile cant handle their shit around them for some reason 

so let the bloke who came to post about invacars in the dedicated invacar corner, actually post about Invacars please?

I genuinely want to hear more about his Grandpas Invacar, often times it can be quite fun talking to people who knew of them in period, especially if you can get any fine details to identify the machine 

you soon realise that a lot of people never actually realised there where different models, and are often very happy to learn exactly which one it is they where involved with/have memories of, I guess because it allows them a more direct connection, if for example they find out that they drove a Tippen Delta for example, then they can pull up pictures of Tippen Deltas and get to know their loved ones even more :) 

so I rather yall just left the new guy alone, its not exactly great first impressions is it?