New members, introduce yourself here.

Wilko220

Hello, short term lurker, know a couple of others on the forum.  South Manchester area.

Did own a Fabia vRS until a few months ago that was getting shite around the edges, but had to go after a neck injury wasn't healing quickly enough for me to drive it. Running around in a modern (and dull) Toyota Hybrid with featherlight steering on loan from a family member at the moment. Something more interesting would definitely be preferred!

8 hours ago, Magic said:

Hello, short term lurker, know a couple of others on the forum.  South Manchester area.

Did own a Fabia vRS until a few months ago that was getting shite around the edges, but had to go after a neck injury wasn't healing quickly enough for me to drive it. Running around in a modern (and dull) Toyota Hybrid with featherlight steering on loan from a family member at the moment. Something more interesting would definitely be preferred!

welcome aboard

18 hours ago, DrPaulCampbell said:

Hello i have been approved so i thought i would say hello, i have always driven autoshite cars as i love the charm of a car that was made to be normal but then proves itself to be a lot of fun. I currently own a Ford Mondeo MK3 Edge and an ultra rare Peugeot 106 Aztec Si as featured on Furious Driving. I have lurked around for a while but then thought i should join so thank you for allowing me to.

welcome along

On 7/19/2020 at 11:51 PM, Mk2 Craig said:

Evening folks,  new to the forum.   I know a few of the guys on here. Just picked myself up a 2005 citroen relay van for 100 quid, which needs a bit of work.....

Hello Mk2 Craig, Mk2_Craig here. Welcome to the forum :)

Hi All,

Been browsing this forum a while so i thought it time to sign up! here is my piece of shite! Purchased for £250 in Jan with 4 months MOT, extended by 6 months to November. Owned by a previous old lady and done minimal mileage every year. Ive done 3,000 miles in it since purchase and it hasn't let me down. Only costs so far have been 2 rear tyres (£70) and some new wipers (£3) and a dipstick as the end snapped off the previous one (£8). Used to get too and from work and to see family once a week on an 80 mile round trip. So far proved bulletproof reliable.

It leaks like a sieve in the rain (hence the roof has been taped up!) and now only leaks in a very specific place under the passenger side dashboard right by the passenger door! Other than that, it runs well and mechanically hasn't put a foot wrong so far.

Loving reading about other peoples shite adventures on here so thought i'd add my own!

bPp7lNmx.jpg

HaKnn2XZ.jpg

JWlNF6g8.jpg

ykAgDwMZ.jpg

47 minutes ago, New POD said:

I just invited Edd China to join.  Let's see what his reply is. 

Screenshot_20200824-135837_LinkedIn.jpg

Wrong way to go about that.

No need for "tubs" and he doesn't "need" to do anything.

No real info and just seems like spamming. 

I'm sure it will be ignored and probably the last thing he wants to look at, too much like work.

Hello everyone, I appear to have been approved (God knows how I got away with that ?).

Just thought I'd bore you all with a few details about myself.  Currently drive a 21 year old Toyota Corolla (least troublesome car I've owned).  Car I've most enjoyed though was a 1971 SAAB 96 V4, which I bought when it was 10 years old - wish I'd kept that one.  Am a bit of a SAAB nut, I still have a 1996 SAAB 9000, which has been off the road for ages, not sure if I'll ever get that one back on the road.

Just currently trawling through Hubnut's youtube videos from day one - great fun, and very entertaining.   I think he is dollywobbler on this site.  It was was watching his videos where I first found out about Autoshite, so here I am. 

Looking forward to exchanging tales of motoring woes, hopefully some sucesses as well, and ensuing banter.

As well as ancient cars, I also like most kinds of music - Going through a 1970s phase at the moment, trying to recapture my mis-spent youth lol.  Also rock, folk and Northern Soul, etc.

Yes, I know, a bit boring ?

Edited by stevemac
Just added last sentence, though I'd add a touch of humour (failed again).

10 hours ago, stevemac said:

Am a bit of a SAAB nut, I still have a 1996 SAAB 9000, which has been off the road for ages, not sure if I'll ever get that one back on the road.

Get that 9000 back on the road man! They’re great cars... (says the man using his 9000 as his daily drive) 

Welcome along! 

2 hours ago, brownnova said:

Get that 9000 back on the road man! They’re great cars... (says the man using his 9000 as his daily drive) 

Welcome along!

Thank you very much.  Hopefully one day it will happen.  Mine's a CDE auto with the 2.3 LPT engine.  Previously owned a 9000 Aero, which I bought through Abbot Racing, modified by them to give about 260 bhp.  God I loved that car.  What model is yours?

Hello people on the 'beige forum'.

I've been a browser of this forum for probably 10 years on and off. I'm currently in a beige V70 which I'm happy to post about if people are interested, but I've previously dabbled in loads of proper chod, mostly Skoda Favorits in the mid noughties. I'd actually love another one now but boy have they all disappeared!

I'm a fan of Modern Heroes and Hubnut, can anyone recommend similarly 'choddy' channels?

Hi everyone!

9 hours ago, DanGleables said:

Hello people on the 'beige forum'.

I've been a browser of this forum for probably 10 years on and off. I'm currently in a beige V70 which I'm happy to post about if people are interested, but I've previously dabbled in loads of proper chod, mostly Skoda Favorits in the mid noughties. I'd actually love another one now but boy have they all disappeared!

I'm a fan of Modern Heroes and Hubnut, can anyone recommend similarly 'choddy' channels?

Hi everyone!

hello dangleables