What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I've been seeing an immaculate j reg Camry for a few years locally and managed to corner  have a chat with the elderly owner, guy seemed delighted that I liked it and was happy to give me the rundown on his ownership, he was also happy to take my number as he has hopes of it going to someone who'd appreciate it when he hangs up the keys.    

I've done this several times and I'm gonna be fucked if they all give up driving in the same week :) 

2 hours ago, omegod said:

I've been seeing an immaculate j reg Camry for a few years locally and managed to corner  have a chat with the elderly owner, guy seemed delighted that I liked it and was happy to give me the rundown on his ownership, he was also happy to take my number as he has hopes of it going to someone who'd appreciate it when he hangs up the keys.    

I've done this several times and I'm gonna be fucked if they all give up driving in the same week :) 

Luckily you're on the correct forum for a bulk purchase 

3 hours ago, paulplom said:

Out up the coast on the '74 C90.  I think it rides better than my '86 one. It's certainly quicker and the brakes have a lot more bite. 

I always thought the earlier bikes had more go than the later ones.  I had a '77 (I think) C90 as my main transport for a while when I was a student - that thing bloody flew.

pulled into hotel here and going in past a petrol station theres a space opposite with 4 cars lined up and people taking photos - two modern fiestas and ditn notice the others (heard them leave tho hehe)

i stop before to let them take them and as they finished asked them group event

he said we going to this

https://www.silverstone.co.uk/events/trax-powered-turbozentrum

ahh thats why it was $$$ round here then

3 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I always thought the earlier bikes had more go than the later ones.  I had a '77 (I think) C90 as my main transport for a while when I was a student - that thing bloody flew.

I had a '76 C90 as student transport. Could get the speedo off the scale (lying prone!). Great bike. But boring - never went wrong. So I sold it and got a '66 Bantam. Much more "interesting". 

5 hours ago, wuvvum said:

I had a '77 (I think) C90 as my main transport for a while when I was a student - that thing bloody flew.

1 hour ago, Three Speed said:

I had a '76 C90 as student transport. Could get the speedo off the scale (lying prone!). Great bike.

Well, the C50 was well known* for being able to crack 150 on a windy day, so no doubt the C90 was even faster.

*As per the song...

1. The meters under the stairs have stopped spinning , son has moved into his flat .

2. Got the house to my self , and the telly 

3. Bought beer without getting earache 

4. Found my old badge hat down the back of the cupboard , must of been there for years ..  it's getting a wash now !!

IMG_20220911_121928506.thumb.jpg.84a8e2c2ba85e5b726f58288bbec4063.jpgIMG_20220911_122513347.thumb.jpg.20302f0d263d453a2b6412b83d17292c.jpg

It’s been a pretty bad couple of weeks for me lately, one of my closest friends died unexpectedly just over a week ago which was pretty devastating and is taking time to process. Then this last week, my older dog Vito was getting increasingly more ill day by day which culminated in multiple vet visits and then surgery Friday. We were warned that depending on what they found, it may be the case that we would have to make the decision not to wake him back up. When I had left him for tests that morning, I didn’t realise it was potentially the last time I’d see him alive.

After a bit of processing and deliberation, I’ve decided both these things belong here, despite the tears and pain.

The last two things I did with my mate were to get the boat running and take it out together, and then visit him to borrow a drill on the Saturday before he died and also have a good chat. I was in a foul mood that day before I saw him (my koi had died after the pond pump shit itself and I didn’t notice in time), but seeing him cheered me up and my last words in person to him were ‘I’m really glad to have come and seen you mate, it’s really cheered me up for us to chat’. I’m incredibly upset that he’s no longer here with us, and that he will never see fruition of the planned projects we had, or see my baby when it’s born next month. I don’t think I could have left things any better with him though, and I take a lot reassurance and peace from that.

On to Vito then… after a week of misery for all involved and genuinely believing I was losing him, he’s now back home with us

8FB9344B-71BE-46B0-97C8-C28144BC7C2F.thumb.jpeg.25789e4efae3da0b76dcd6ea8a4e90fb.jpeg

CB77E209-3325-435F-B09B-57F5FD6C4FA4.thumb.jpeg.72026243cf249dc3484e95e04290ca8b.jpeg

He’s still not quite himself, but he’s improving all the time and the vet expects a full recovery. At 10 years old I was worried we wouldn’t get him back from surgery, but 24 hours after the operation he was getting in the car and coming home. The puppy is even doing her bit and calmly keeping him company - I was expecting to have to keep them separated.

Even though things have been really difficult lately, I’m still incredibly grateful for the way I left things with my friend and that I’ve got my dog back here with me safely.

cock up of the  week , the end of the M58 where it joins the M6 ....  the big on the road writing section

the left hand lane which goes to M6 south was marked up M6 North .....

and

the right lane which goes to M6 North was marked up M6 South ...

it had a few people confused ...

bet some ones bits got felt ..

Had a car in today ,engine running, bonnet up, turned the wheel on full lock and fluid is sprayed onto the windscreen. We are not  supposed to remove caps but seeing as it looked like power steering fluid all over the drivers side of the windscreen I had a look. The reservior was filled to the brim and the excess fluid had nowhere to go except out of the cap. 

This car now has a dangerous failure on it's history stating "some idiot has over filled the power steering reservior " .  I may get in trouble but if you do stupid , dangerous things you deserve to be called an idiot.