What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Can you blow through the line into the tank from the engine end with an airline?

I said exactly that to my boss once, who happened to own a Reliant.

He did it in the loading bay at work, but didn't take the filler cap off.

Blew the bottom out of the tank. 

Works stunk of petrol all afternoon.

To be fair - and being a mackem myself…

1. It isn't 'that' cold for up North - the snow is a blanket

2. At least half of the 'ladies' photo'd - are pretty well 'insulated' (as are most of 'em up there TBH)

I often used to have pick my daughters up in Newcastle at around 02:00 to give them a lift home.

Lots of the girls there wore next to nothing in arctic weather.

Pleased my girls didn't subscribe to that nonsense.

Is that for real , pedestrians get parking tickets , my sister went , they had to do the gondola , because romantic , they went down 3 back canals round the block , on to the grand canal which was very choppy then back, about 30 minutes , I'm sure she said it was €80

yup that’s it, we did the hour for €100 but you just do the same route but slower. Utter bollocks but we had promised our daughter a holiday of her choice for doing well in her 11+, she chose a cruise (result) with a gondola ride in Venice (less of a result) all due to watching Scooby Doo as a kid. In the heat last summer, other cities were handing out free water or putting sprays up, in Venice they threatened you with a €100 Euro fine if you sat down in the shade. Twats.

You know the picture going round of the Megane convertible with a Merc grille grafted on?

I BLOODY SPOTTED IT, near my mates house in Cheetham Hill, the areshole of Manchester (don't worry he's moving soon). 

Truly a sight to behold.

I really don't understand the fuss over this car.

Mercs already produce vehicles with their badge on it when the said machine is made by someone else.

examples:

Citan: Is really a Renault Kangoo.

2016-mercedes-benz-citan-0.jpg

X-Class: Also built as a Toyota/Renault.

2018-mercedes-benz-x-class-x250d-power-4

:mrgreen:

I really don't understand the fuss over this car.

Mercs already produce vehicles with their badge on it when the said machine is made by someone else.

examples:

Citan: Is really a Renault Kangoo.

2016-mercedes-benz-citan-0.jpg

X-Class: Also built as a Toyota/Renault.

2018-mercedes-benz-x-class-x250d-power-4

:mrgreen:

As desirable as a badge-engineered Mercedes Hilux might be , I'm afraid it's that paragon of strength and durability, the Nissan Navara that gives its underpinnings to the X- Class.

You know, the latest version of this;

post-17414-0-21220200-1549304358_thumb.jpeg

Is that for real , pedestrians get parking tickets , my sister went , they had to do the gondola , because romantic , they went down 3 back canals round the block , on to the grand canal which was very choppy then back, about 30 minutes , I'm sure she said it was €80

Better to get a one day ticket on the ACTV water buses.It's €20 per person and includes the trips out to the islands in the lagoon,but doesn't include the trip to the airport.It does include the ferry out to Punta Sabbioni which is near the lagoon entrance,if you're staying on the coast to the North.

They also make good boats.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that these were *equipped with a hole in the floor to allow you to do ice-fishing from the heated comfort of the front seat. It might have been a gag though; it's hard to tell with sovbloc motors, they did things differently.

Better to get a one day ticket on the ACTV water buses.It's €20 per person and includes the trips out to the islands in the lagoon,but doesn't include the trip to the airport.It does include the ferry out to Punta Sabbioni which is near the lagoon entrance,if you're staying on the coast to the North.

From what I’ve read recently ( venice based crime fiction that was quite good really) there’s a base charge of €80 for a minimum trip. When I was there we used the vaporetto and walked. Gondolas were always horrendously expensive.

Pedestrians are being told to move on from “paid for” areas eg Florian’s cafe frontage in st mark’s square.

You were always moved on, but now they’re fining you.

From what I’ve read recently ( venice based crime fiction that was quite good really) there’s a base charge of €80 for a minimum trip. When I was there we used the vaporetto and walked. Gondolas were always horrendously expensive.

Pedestrians are being told to move on from “paid for” areas eg Florian’s cafe frontage in st mark’s square.

You were always moved on, but now they’re fining you.

I've found it more fun to wander the backstreets away from the main tourist areas.Cannareggio is comparatively unfrequented.

Can you blow through the line into the tank from the engine end with an airline?

Any old pump should do from an injection engine, plenty available from the breakers.

I'll give the blowing through the lines a go, when I have a day off which is warm enough that I can feel my hands so I can work out how the fuel line clips under the bonnet come apart.

Just MOT'd a policemans car. It ran out in November last year.

Why the grin ?

he works in traffic monitoring the anpr cameras

It passed I assume?

Or did it have 4 dodgy tyres and brake pads made of wood?