Asda Oil. Bargain

95 quid Peugeot

Nothing in mine either.

I was going to change the oil today on the Royale (changed the Senators last week)-went into Wilkos-the 20w 50 was £12.20 last week-now £15

I have a stack of semi synthetic 10w 40 in the garage-any good in an old engine?-I use it on my Range rover

Steve

Mine's now running 10/40. There's a few different oils GM listed in the handbook for these engines, and it just so happened I had a new can of 10w40 in stock. I don't know what it had in the sump when I got it, but it seems to be using more than it used to, so at the next change I'll revert to good old 20/50.

I just bought the correct grade vetch LL 4.5 litres of fully synthetic 5/30 and a Mann filter from GSF for my fathers 2005 A class for under £20 the other day.

But then I realised that the car needs 5 litres and I just bought a litre bottle of QX full synthetic from ECP would it be ok to mix the two.

I just bought the correct grade vetch LL 4.5 litres of fully synthetic 5/30 and a Mann filter from GSF for my fathers 2005 A class for under £20 the other day.

But then I realised that the car needs 5 litres and I just bought a litre bottle of QX full synthetic from ECP would it be ok to mix the two.

If the ECP stuff is the correct grade etc. then it'll definitely be OK.

It will probably still be OK as most of the oil will be right. I'm no oil expert BTW, but I know it will all mix up fine. The only problem would be if the ECP stuff had the wrong friction modifiers, or some other ingredient that the Merc engine (or the cat etc.) didn't like. On a 12 year old A-Class I'd risk it, but it's not my car obviously.