The Bikeshite Thread

warren t claim

On 03/11/2023 at 13:30, tom13 said:

If anyone is breaking or has some spares for a 2002 CB500 let me know. After quite a few bits, radiator is a top priority though. 

Shout me. Please say you need wheels i have loads of them. Pretty sure i've used/given away the rads mind. 

On 06/11/2023 at 18:59, hairnet said:

Want

IMG_20231106_124241.jpg

conan said thats an old style plate - that thing has been unused for so long that it would have to go back on a modern square plate

which is a shame

19 hours ago, straightSix said:

Saw some mad cunt on the M40 this morning in the pissing rain commuting in on an R6. Couldn't help but admire him 

absolutley binned it down here from about 3 till 3 40 ish 

madman on the concrete side  of the motorway (so standing water and spray everywhere) on a R nine T bmw but only light kit on - for some reason on usa plates..............

48 minutes ago, hairnet said:

LOL i did that and it was 3 months

how didnt get pulled no idea

In May 2020, the expiry date of the MOT for my Peugeot was extended by 6 months to November 2020 due to COVID. By November 2020 I'd completely forgotten, and proceeded to drive around until May 2021 with no MOT! 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

I have one of those,  works OK but the inlet pressure goes up and down so needles "vibrate" between two readings and the little plastic valve is adjusted to try and get needle to vibrate less so bit of fiddling to get 4 cylinders vibrating in a similar fashion then adjust the carb balance.  Worked well on 3cyl  Excelisor 492 two stroke engines. 

42 minutes ago, tooSavvy said:

As Castro has said, they are OK and better than not balancing the carbs (it really is quite a good thing to do on a multi, amazing how many people dont realise this) but there are better carb balancers available (usually a lot more pricey)

so wanted to buy a pair of kriega straps cos the knock off version i have which looks identical the clasps are slightly different

j and s only sell them in packs of 4 with the loops 29 quid

theres one about 15 mins from here but man city were playing half a mile away so fk that

sportsbike shop sell individual ones at 6 quid each

nearest one is preston 😕

but will be going bletchley near xmas - guess where im going

Got this the start of last week.

Ended up selling the Himalayan, I'm sure I will regret it as it was a great bike but hopefully with the new model prices on the original will crash and I can buy a cheap one and do a full off road spec one.

It's a DF200. Basically a DR200 made for more agricultural tasks, hence the racks, extended guards, plus kickstart. There was a DR200 in Devon I really wanted but the guy was messing about whether he was selling or not and then this popped up. Super happy to have this spec as it's rare over here and I wanted the racks and Kickstart. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the only one in the UK.

I just wanted a reliable lightweight trail bike. This is 20bhp and around 100kg.

Could have gone DR350 but would have had to spend a bit more and a lot of them looked very rough, plus the extra weight.

Plan is lower and push pegs back, new bars and maybe a bit of suspension work and that's it. This even had USD added as a bonus.

image.png

I've never heard of a DF before. Good looking bike though, I'm on the hunt for a crosser/enduro type project at the moment, so that's another saved search to set up 😆

20 hours ago, MrBig said:

I've never heard of a DF before. Good looking bike though, I'm on the hunt for a crosser/enduro type project at the moment, so that's another saved search to set up 😆

Like I say the one in Bideford looks good and is just tax and MOT exempt.

43 minutes ago, tom13 said:

Like I say the one in Bideford looks good and is just tax and MOT exempt.

I'm just trying to find it, was it on fb marketplace? Bideford is a bit of a trek from the midlands but if the price is right and I can scrounge trailer its a nice time of year for a day at the beach right? 😁

Anyone in the North East looking for a winter project or two.

Boldon Auction Galleries have these gems on offer next week.

Boldon Auction Galleries (boldonauctions.co.uk)

First up is a Grandad Commuter Special, the Honda CD175. Estimate is a very low £50-£80 (yes that's fifty to eighty). Plenty of room in the top box for the cheese and tomato sarnies and a thermos of over brewed PG. Might need some muffler tape road the silencers to keep the neighbours happy.

5.jpg

Next up is this motorised bicycle. No mention of bike or engine manufacturer, but it's got to be worth more than the £250-£300 estimate.

2_2.jpg

Next is a Puch 60K with V5. Again sounds cheap at £300-£500. It celebrates it's 50th birthday one the day of the sale.

3.jpg

For liker of something a bit bigger there's a Honda wet dream. Estimate is £400-£500 on this one. It's most likely to end up as some sort of hipster cafe racer. V5 is present.

1.jpg

Finally a bit of a courier special. At the end of the 20th century if your old Kwaka GT550 had finally died then you might have progressed on to one of these. Has V5 and again is estimated at a low £400-£600.

4_1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, MiniMinorMk3 said:

Anyone in the North East looking for a winter project or two.

Boldon Auction Galleries have these gems on offer next week.

First up is a Grandad Commuter Special, the Honda CD175. Estimate is a very low £50-£80 (yes that's fifty to eighty). Plenty of room in the top box for the cheese and tomato sarnies and a thermos of over brewed PG. Might need some muffler tape road the silencers to keep the neighbours happy.

5.jpg

Next up is this motorised bicycle. No mention of bike or engine manufacturer, but it's got to be worth more than the £250-£300 estimate.

2_2.jpg

Next is a Puch 60K with V5. Again sounds cheap at £300-£500. It celebrates it's 50th birthday one the day of the sale.

3.jpg

For liker of something a bit bigger there's a Honda wet dream. Estimate is £400-£500 on this one. It's most likely to end up as some sort of hipster cafe racer. V5 is present.

1.jpg

Finally a bit of a courier special. At the end of the 20th century if your old Kwaka GT550 had finally died then you might have progressed on to one of these. Has V5 and again is estimated at a low £400-£600.

4_1.jpg

Cd175 has @Cavcraft name all over it. 

Managed to drag the MT50 out of storage and start looking at it again. It's been quite unreliable, barely completing short local journeys, so sat unloved for a few months. Took the plug out (poor condition), looked at the spare one (which turned out to be different and poor) then did an Internet search to find both were the wrong ones! Got a new (and correct) one and after a few kicks, it started. More importantly, it fired second try the next day and it's pretty much never done that. Anyhow, now the bleeding indicators are playing up so need looking at, and then there's daft things like a blown rear bulb and a general check-over so it can hopefully see the road again. Big plans for the FS1, and I'm hoping at least the RD50 and OR50 will be working properly next year. The AR50 will be getting farmed out to the expert on them too and I'm reasonably confident the MBX can be sorted with some tinkering. The latter of which eserves a decent factory style paint job I think.

20231129_152208.thumb.jpg.fa48e1cd75ee761fc13e2d3c26b06d22.jpg

On 01/12/2023 at 12:45, MrBig said:

I'm just trying to find it, was it on fb marketplace? Bideford is a bit of a trek from the midlands but if the price is right and I can scrounge trailer its a nice time of year for a day at the beach right? 😁

Just seen this sorry.

It's not on there anymore but I have the guys details if you need them at all. It was actually listed as a Djebel so I'm sure it wasn't as easily searched for. The price was £1450 for it as well but it looked clean.

image.thumb.png.0b9c8525205c191731e0d60282a7b3f1.png

Carefully does it... this is an IZH 56.

image.thumb.png.aa0d33a81af9e9b179b2a4ae4bddf8b2.png

And this is an IZH Planeta Sports. Looks like matey boy has hacked at the rear mudguard and taken off the chain case. I had one of these, attached to a sidecar. It kicked back with violence and produced back fires that could blow the baffles out of the silencer. But once going it was surprisingly fast, smooth and long legged.

IZH, like several other bike manufacturers (BSA, CZ, Royal Enfield) made guns as well. You may be familiar with IZH's most famous product - the Kalashnikov rifle.