warren t claim

The Bikeshite Thread

Hi chaps,

I've got a Mobylette which I'd like to carry around on the back of my 2cv like a proper Frenchy.

Any recommendations for bike racks that can fit on a towbar? Dave Cooper racks appear on Google, are they any good?

Hi chaps,

I've got a Mobylette which I'd like to carry around on the back of my 2cv like a proper Frenchy.

Any recommendations for bike racks that can fit on a towbar? Dave Cooper racks appear on Google, are they any good?

Just stolen from web so I have no ref to buy one.

post-4787-0-31702400-1553693150_thumb.jpg

The second one just looks like a standard high mount bicycle carrier.

Is this any good? It says no mopeds in the listing but I think that probably means modern small wheel ones, looks like a moby would go on fine.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183717083895

I had a test ride of a Z1000SX earlier today.  It's a lovely thing but the upright riding position made me feel disconnected from it - which is a shame because my bad back loved it.  The salesmen said the riding position of the H2 SX may be more to my liking... and an hour later I'm signing my life away :)  I don't know what my bad back made of it, I was too busy screaming. 

PCP'd it, fuck it, I'm not getting any younger and have decided to stop worrying about things so much. 

The salesmen said the riding position of the H2 SX may be more to my liking... and an hour later I'm signing my life away :)  I don't know what my bad back made of it, I was too busy screaming. 

PCP'd it, fuck it, I'm not getting any younger and have decided to stop worrying about things so much.

Quite brilliant. Both in attitude and bike.

I had a test ride of a Z1000SX earlier today.  It's a lovely thing but the upright riding position made me feel disconnected from it - which is a shame because my bad back loved it.  The salesmen said the riding position of the H2 SX may be more to my liking... and an hour later I'm signing my life away :)  I don't know what my bad back made of it, I was too busy screaming. 

Excellent, I did consider the H2SX but I couldn't justify the figures really, my ZSX is costing me £130 a month, the H2SX was well over double that, I would baulk at paying that as for 6 months of the year the bike doesn't move out of the garage.

Am I reading this correctly 200 bhp for a road bike!

It's quite normal now, most top of the range bikes are around this number, the V4 ducati has around 210bhp, the S1000RR has 207, etc etc, they really are amazing things, the electronics on them makes them usable in all weathers as they all have very sophisticated traction control controlled by an IMU (inertial measurement unit).

When you unleash 200 odd bhp on a dry day without the need for any electronic assistance it certainly makes you feel alive and shrinks the horizons :)

I hope no one on the rest of this forum finds out you have a 1l turbo modern, they'll be along to tell you it's bound to catch fire!

It'll be great to hear how you get on with yours, you don't read any real negatives beyond the price really about them.

I have no need or money for anything new so hadn't really looked into pcp, but keep getting adverts from Honda for 'deals' dividing the deposit by the term and adding that to the monthly cost basically all their bikes came to the same. Surely noone is walking out with a cbr650 or a vfr if a blade is the same price minus the final payment which is really relevant to pcp.

Or is there still wiggle room in the prices? Ie will the dealer knock off a bit from the retail to drop the monthly payment down to get shot of stuff that isn't as desirable?

I hope no one on the rest of this forum finds out you have a 1l turbo modern, they'll be along to tell you it's bound to catch fire!

It'll be great to hear how you get on with yours, you don't read any real negatives beyond the price really about them.

I have no need or money for anything new so hadn't really looked into pcp, but keep getting adverts from Honda for 'deals' dividing the deposit by the term and adding that to the monthly cost basically all their bikes came to the same. Surely noone is walking out with a cbr650 or a vfr if a blade is the same price minus the final payment which is really relevant to pcp.

Or is there still wiggle room in the prices? Ie will the dealer knock off a bit from the retail to drop the monthly payment down to get shot of stuff that isn't as desirable?

There's always a deal to be had, and not everyone wants a VFR or 'Blade, I paid sticker price for mine but they were generous with the deal on my bike and covered the settlement figure which was a few hundred higher than the book price.

Chaps - what's a decent brand of battery please? I have rarely ever bought any bike batteries - any old crap will start a Helix, and I've mostly used other people's cast offs on those over the years.

However, the DN-01's battery is now on it's knees, and I suspect that I'll need something a bit better for that. The one in it is a Powerline (who?), fitted by the last owner less than 2 years ago. It's a proper fannying about job just getting the battery out, too, so it's not something I want to be doing every five minutes.

Motobatt are a bit dearer, any good? And I did once have a second hand Honda Yuasa which lasted quite well (I don't know how old it was in the first place, mind) - is it worth the extra £££ for one of those?

Cheers gents.

Here it be!  They had 1 in stock so instant gratification achieved (it'll make the inevitable buyer's remorse hit that much sooner):

post-179-0-17880900-1553789741_thumb.jpg

post-179-0-16846400-1553789752_thumb.jpg

Had to pay retail but did at least get a 4 year warranty included.  The list price looks crazy but the PCP figures are much more palatable, and it will be my primary vehicle so easier to justify.  The offer for my VFR was laughable so I've kept it. 

That looks the fuckin nuts. 

I was trying to be really nerdy and tell you that you bought it from Greenham Kawa because I recognise the cement floor outside the service entrance in the first photo..... then saw the Greenham Kawa keyring. Its only a couple of miles up the road from me. Nice place.

Always

Here it be! They had 1 in stock so instant gratification achieved (it'll make the inevitable buyer's remorse hit that much sooner):

attachicon.gif2019-03-28 13.59.14.jpg

attachicon.gif2019-03-28 14.01.13.jpg

Had to pay retail but did at least get a 4 year warranty included. The list price looks crazy but the PCP figures are much more palatable, and it will be my primary vehicle so easier to justify. The offer for my VFR was laughable so I've kept it.

Oooh-cha-fuckr!

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

And at the other end of the power/price spectrum I finally made a rational decision and purchased a new, new bike today, splashing out on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

No instant gratification though, as I have got to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Looking forward to using the arm ripping 24.5 bhp (8.5 less than my 125cc Mito), but will let me check out all the tracks that the Guzzi would struggle with.

Love an H2SX as it would make a great cross Europe "tourer". Look forward to reading about it.

And at the other end of the power/price spectrum I finally made a rational decision and purchased a new, new bike today, splashing out on a Royal Enfield Himalayan.

No instant gratification though, as I have got to wait until Monday for it to be delivered. Looking forward to using the arm ripping 24.5 bhp (8.5 less than my 125cc Mito), but will let me check out all the tracks that the Guzzi would struggle with.

Love an H2SX as it would make a great cross Europe "tourer". Look forward to reading about it.

Congratulations, they look like they could be a lot of fun, its not all about the power, although for me it corrupts!

Pick mine up sat AM.

Top work!  We're all doing our bit for the bike industry this week :)  I blame Jazoli.

Been out for a short spin on the H2 this evening - fuck me, the headlamp is bloody awful, I suspect it came out of a Xmas cracker.  It's on a par with the YBR125 I used to have.  The dealer said he'd ring me tomorrow ("to see if you're still alive"), I'm going to have a gripe about that.  

Top work! We're all doing our bit for the bike industry this week :) I blame Jazoli.

Been out for a short spin on the H2 this evening - fuck me, the headlamp is bloody awful, I suspect it came out of a Xmas cracker. It's on a par with the YBR125 I used to have. The dealer said he'd ring me tomorrow ("to see if you're still alive"), I'm going to have a gripe about that.

What’s this I hear about the supercharger vanes breaking the sound barrier?

Congratulations, they look like they could be a lot of fun, its not all about the power, although for me it corrupts!

Pick mine up sat AM.

I enjoyed the test ride which I wasn't sure I would. Well suited to a lot of the roads around here, but won't be good if I need to get anywhere fast - whereas the RC8 is shite on badly surfaced and unpaved roads.

Thinking that, despite everything that Enfield have done in engine and frame design with this model, it is still quintessentially, chod. 

Fat_Pirates H2 Diary: Got overtaken by a pale blue Kia Picanto.  It was powered by fairy dust, apparently.  Damn this 4000rpm limit.

What’s this I hear about the supercharger vanes breaking the sound barrier?

I've read that but I call bollocks; it does it when you close the throttle so I reckon it's just compressor stall.

After returning from Scandinavia last August the plucky little XR250 was parked up with a leaking head gasket, becoming difficult to start and using oil. Naturally the best thing to do was to leave it languishing until 5 weeks before the next trip before ripping it apart! Thankfully rings,gaskets & seals are all that's required other than lapping valves and cleaning everything. One cam cover bolt snapped flush so the head is coming with me to work tomorrow to make use of the pillar drill so I have half a chance of drilling down the center of the remains.

The fruits of today's labour........

post-5762-0-65134000-1554065538_thumb.jpg