Lazy spotters thread

HillmanImp

1 minute ago, High Jetter said:

I'd love to see a better pic of that van - it looks like the body would cut the tyres on a bumpy road

Pretty sure it's bike engined.

There seems to be a few lads in the same garage, or at least the same area of industrial estate all with Hijets. Possibly a couple of vans and a pair of pick-ups! 

12 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

..anytime you pass by there will be fine ☺️

Pretty sure the name of the garage is SLC, which is in Plympton. They do have a Facebook page although i can't view it as I sacked it off years ago - might be worth a look if you're a member...

can access it through the link on this page

https://slcgarage.co.uk

In London this morning. Unexciting car but when before have you seen a Russian registration plate in the UK? I have seen a handful of Ukrainian, Turkish (reasonably common) and Belarusian registered trucks over here but this is probably the most geographically 'exotic'.

I remember reading up about Russian plates some time ago. The letters are officially in cyrillic, but they only use ones that also feature in the Latin alphabet. For instance here the Y is a sort of U sound and X is Kh.

IMG_20210314_090758627.thumb.jpg.1e0834805711706354431dd98c862d1d.jpg

8 hours ago, willswitchengage said:

In London this morning. Unexciting car but when before have you seen a Russian registration plate in the UK? I have seen a handful of Ukrainian, Turkish (reasonably common) and Belarusian registered trucks over here but this is probably the most geographically 'exotic'.

I remember reading up about Russian plates some time ago. The letters are officially in cyrillic, but they only use ones that also feature in the Latin alphabet. For instance here the Y is a sort of U sound and X is Kh.

IMG_20210314_090758627.thumb.jpg.1e0834805711706354431dd98c862d1d.jpg

"177" is Moscow district, I think. Doubtless all the windows were heavily tinted? That junction looks very familiar......

Bulgarian plates also use Cyrillic script, but only the characters that are identical to the Roman alphabet.