Jump to content

Shite in Miniature II


Recommended Posts

Posted
3 hours ago, bunglebus said:

Picked up a few boxes on my way home tonight, starting with this - any guesses?

PXL_20260914_1828495632.jpg.e84d81c52bc265ceb77ee575e3673de7.jpg

Spotted a job lot of Color FX cars still in their packaging - or what's left of it anyway. Sting Rod is the obvious target here, as for some reason I have the Japanese market version 

PXL_20260914_184204536.jpg.c2826b50b8770c6f213ff0fdd7f40ca6.jpg

PXL_20260914_184213746.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.7c42fa1ad6812ed7b085b5542d1e8274.jpg

PXL_20260914_184233356.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.7d9c604d548ddbd13617d2d971d6aa2e.jpg

The others are just the cars and the blister. Why would you do this?

PXL_20260914_184136416.jpg.8ee88d75d7f9cd01a426ae56ec310103.jpg

PXL_20260914_184111362.jpg.a86e7e56444c40ab8c53fedb4ea7a817.jpg

PXL_20260914_184048732.jpg.4d58677bd850f275e9c46c4a860ca013.jpg

Decent condition Sand Cat and it's transporter 

PXL_20260914_182707639.jpg.cd8032a25cc95599d366deca3f582507.jpg

Anyone guessed yet?

PXL_20260914_1832510292.jpg.88992553e87f1caa7631046123be7ddd.jpg

This is a beauty, Yonezawa Colt

PXL_20260914_182523087.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9762d22665e09dd0317d74323343b223.jpg

PXL_20260914_182511415.jpg.9883d8f3cd7f5739737442cb1c9cbccc.jpg

PXL_20260914_182515162.jpg.a7df6e71917ca09d34c9ec795d83fb65.jpg

PXL_20260914_182528841.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.ad6fa59e27b2aa8b52419eb4d480ceda.jpg

PXL_20260914_182548859.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.461a1fa0b688f3240a34019b685e03bb.jpg

PXL_20260914_182620485.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.9d1d8b9938be8ba3587927ac2bf31f15.jpg

PXL_20260914_182634069.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.d8e1ecb2ff5cae95e52b0ccaa47ac619.jpg

Mmm, tilty seats 

PXL_20260914_182646329.jpg.3c87d196f924c317fa5d4949e5c197b6.jpg

PXL_20260914_182656278.jpg.43437f60d71768c18aa52dc8457ee80d.jpg

Someone must have got this by now

PXL_20260914_1833139422.jpg.db0fd7728a8950ca3487e97668ab4c04.jpg

Unmolested military Field Car

PXL_20260914_182449142.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b490f30bdf0870e30e5a7e1f1989eeb0.jpg

PXL_20260914_182438132.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.da80249f2f33cb7dbbf683e52d2a4a8e.jpg

PXL_20260914_182453524.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.30602ff2b37c6aa077323a6059f0467a.jpg

Obvious now

PXL_20260914_1833444992.jpg.35d669da4b73aef7c8874a4fb1d7c884.jpg

This is an unusual one, a Matchbox Cap Car but with Roadblasters-esque armour and weapons. Spotted on Vinted and flown from  Hermitage to be here today 

PXL_20260914_182352459.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.2eec1bc19d3c5f4bcc2aabe3cdd05544.jpg

PXL_20260914_182359375.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.47d2573d1851797209359dcda97c5a75.jpg

PXL_20260914_182355123.jpg.fd76af3bf2bfb803976a7c844cd764cc.jpg

PXL_20260914_182404091.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.6b6fa9405e39b3a51c92fcc2d1900e79.jpg

PXL_20260914_182410233.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.baa009bdc860cb9b3a4c0b05f500835f.jpg

Handing it to you on a plate now

PXL_20260914_1834365142.jpg.17e03a6f27654428c4b17064c6c0e9e1.jpg

Each one of these Majorettes must have unique paint?

PXL_20260914_182300913.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a0e54fc61aaac9b846bcb9b25a86344b.jpg

Nearly there now

PXL_20260914_183504159.jpg.1e66f75cdcb51d8dc6076f6fea1dd0eb.jpg

Just one one Majorette to see first

PXL_20260914_182231384.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.a105896de094c7d4ec45ff62c5f341a6.jpg

Yes folks, it's an Avon aftershave bottle, with talc in the camper body!

PXL_20260914_183627612.jpg.9e688e6e493b6a78a35c618e9dbb31de.jpg

PXL_20260914_183602264.jpg.19859ee9e95115f7ca3020eacdfbd043.jpg

PXL_20260914_183607813.jpg.9653fd00dfb5d2f87169e36906a6609d.jpg

PXL_20260914_183635688.jpg.e7f06feb15bad453bd435c894b4f47e2.jpg

PXL_20260914_183657062.jpg.a7be0f0089ce4aa183cf78ccc08f2522.jpg

PXL_20260914_183704488.jpg.5770bfc64fc5a8b6a1775546e9132434.jpg

I really don't intend to start collecting these, I thought there were just a few, and I have the Beetle, buggy and Porsche ones already - but it seems in the USA they went nuts making loads of them, some are veteran car shaped and of no interest to me, but the Dodge Charger one recently spotted on Vinted was very tempting! I'll try and be good, but no promises. This one winged its way from Beverly, Massachusetts.

Got a 20s yellow taxi somewhere (70's Avon)

  • Like 2
Posted

Fails the Autoshite taste test on being A.) a model, and B.) one that depicts a car that doesn't even register on the general shiter venn diagram.

But I have a real thing for spectacularly detailed, accurate models, and the AutoArt R32 Nissan Skyline is one.

Skyline1.jpeg.c0afff48798f22fcdc88eacdb28e146a.jpegSkyline2.jpeg.0f54ecaa56b62983c1c1793fc7a5b729.jpegSkyline3.jpeg.eb82831f0fbeb18cd3dfa98639f00a4a.jpeg

Posted
On 13/09/2026 at 13:50, bunglebus said:

I finally got a spare Majorette Escort, so it came out for a better look

PXL_20260913_123255172.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.610dc6c38209b11029dddd47834d0f1e.jpg

PXL_20260913_123300882.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.c6523260757fbdbf43169f578184c9ad.jpg

PXL_20260913_123315893.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.49bec96ddaf0c767ec5992624fba9a47.jpg

PXL_20260913_123305919.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.975246c9f241b7edd58c95084b1d1fd8.jpg

PXL_20260913_123325661.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.b990273165e6e4e9239468adee9bb47c.jpg

PXL_20260913_123342411.jpg.9eb2d3d6d2341f832b69feee416246b0.jpg

PXL_20260913_123350694.jpg.efd62946923a3482c42a2b2506937083.jpg

PXL_20260913_123401451.MACRO_FOCUS.jpg.ac4a26b5a4c83f0226010f56c194cc2b.jpg

Majorette are kicking arse at the moment, but that's not to say I don't think things can be improved...

PXL_20260913_124417129.jpg

I really, really want one of these. It's very similar to a car i built back in the 80s.

  • Like 2
Posted
38 minutes ago, RoadworkUK said:

Fails the Autoshite taste test on being A.) a model, and B.) one that depicts a car that doesn't even register on the general shiter venn diagram.

But I have a real thing for spectacularly detailed, accurate models, and the AutoArt R32 Nissan Skyline is one.

Skyline1.jpeg.c0afff48798f22fcdc88eacdb28e146a.jpegSkyline2.jpeg.0f54ecaa56b62983c1c1793fc7a5b729.jpegSkyline3.jpeg.eb82831f0fbeb18cd3dfa98639f00a4a.jpeg

Just WOW!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2
Posted
On 12/09/2026 at 18:32, bunglebus said:

So in that vein, here's an unusual buy today, an almost full box of snap together, 1:87 plastic kits, presumably aimed at model railway enthusiasts. Anyone interested in any at the £1.00 each I paid? I'll sell the rest on

PXL_20260912_161609019.jpg

PXL_20260912_161641029.jpg

PXL_20260912_161629469.jpg

PXL_20260912_161652059.jpg

PXL_20260912_172120533~2.jpg

PXL_20260912_173138246.jpg

What’s left of these @bunglebus?

Posted
2 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

Fails the Autoshite taste test on being A.) a model, and B.) one that depicts a car that doesn't even register on the general shiter venn diagram.

But I have a real thing for spectacularly detailed, accurate models, and the AutoArt R32 Nissan Skyline is one.

Skyline1.jpeg.c0afff48798f22fcdc88eacdb28e146a.jpegSkyline2.jpeg.0f54ecaa56b62983c1c1793fc7a5b729.jpegSkyline3.jpeg.eb82831f0fbeb18cd3dfa98639f00a4a.jpeg

That is fantastic! Superb detail on it.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Posted
2 hours ago, RoadworkUK said:

Fails the Autoshite taste test on being A.) a model, and B.) one that depicts a car that doesn't even register on the general shiter venn diagram.

But I have a real thing for spectacularly detailed, accurate models, and the AutoArt R32 Nissan Skyline is one.

Skyline1.jpeg.c0afff48798f22fcdc88eacdb28e146a.jpegSkyline2.jpeg.0f54ecaa56b62983c1c1793fc7a5b729.jpegSkyline3.jpeg.eb82831f0fbeb18cd3dfa98639f00a4a.jpeg

I thought that was real, tremendous!

Posted
2 hours ago, Tenmil Socket said:

What’s left of these @bunglebus?

BMW 7 series,  S600, Discovery,  Type R and Cayman have been claimed

  • Thanks 1
Posted
6 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

BMW 7 series,  S600, Discovery,  Type R and Cayman have been claimed

Could I claim the Porsche and the Audi please 🙂

Posted

A Spot-On and a Spot-On wannabe on today’s workbench.

The actual Spot-On is that Commer Walkthru van I stripped at the old house and didn’t finish. I’ve recently re-discovered it again so I’m now making it my mission to finish it. 
When I left it I’d filled the coin slot in, rubbed it down and primed it. The rear opening doors were both missing on this one so I’ve filled the hole with thick plastic card and made a roller style door for it instead. A scrap of wire to resemble the handle.

It’s now primed again before I decide on top coat colour(s). The base was cracked in half so I’ve used the interior moulding and some glue to join it back together again. Hopefully it’ll be strong enough.

IMG_0282.jpeg.ec0e85dbf4d1b909082abc59ee01bb19.jpeg

IMG_0283.jpeg.0fe95948ceae8ee3d56746791776c185.jpeg
 
Spot-On wannabe now. 
The Dinky Hong Kong Buick Riviera. 
Resprayed in mica red. Doesn’t seem to show well on camera but mica is a fine sparkly mineral that looks like the flecks in metallic paint but is much much finer so you get a more glittery look. Its sort of visible in the pics but looks much better in real life.

IMG_0279.jpeg.2c472c79b6d15e592d61efea6ed27185.jpeg

IMG_0280.jpeg.21f6c10a08bbd2ea91f55abad54428b2.jpeg
 
I’ve done some detail in chrome that Dinky never did but not gone ott. I swapped the wheels over for a set of spare partwork model wheels that look a bit more fitting for a car like the Riviera. I had to make new axles from steel rod as the original wheels are too narrow really making them sit well under the car so the new axles have widened the track a bit. Also repainted the interior moulding in cream to contrast the new red paint better than the original red interior colour.
Fitted those fake reproduction rivets on this one too… which didn’t fit! The rivet posts on this model are very shallow so I had to cut all the rivets down until they fit snug.

IMG_0281.jpeg.266102c1c86d535eeed3a8e99c3abce7.jpeg
 
It’s got new glazing and reproduction front and rear plastic bumpers/grill. Which are a definite improvement over the mangled originals but I’m a bit disappointed with the fit of the in all honesty, especially considering the price. If you look carefully they don’t fit all that well around the side light bits on the front wings, and the rear bumper isn’t quite close enough to the body where it should be. I’ll need to have a bit of a play and try to get them to push into place and maybe glue them then.

That Chevette estate I made at the old house is in the background too. Unfortunately it didn’t survive the house move without picking up a massive scratch on one side somehow so I’ve taken it to bits, flatted it down and sprayed it again before reassembling it. I had to make new front door windows too as the original ones from the two donor cars it’s made from no longer fit after all the mods! 
Just a few bits to refit and I need to drill two tiny holes in the doors for the mounting pegs on the door mirrors. 
I’ve actually got the donors sat here to make a saloon and van versions next!

Posted
18 hours ago, bunglebus said:

OK...

Siku Caddy is the obvious pick of the bunch, although the silver Alpine looks interesting too

A better picture of this weird thing

20260915_182040.jpg.bc68efb53bf0b58793fdbd24c30ce020.jpg

Siku Caddy & Ford Cargo,plus the late Corgi Beetle were the main reasons I bought the lot20260915_182815.jpg.854fe869beeb05dee668d856c6d2ee8d.jpg

Alpine is made by Summer & has a non-working mechanism underneath,I think I already have one bought from @danthecapriman a while back20260915_182053.jpg.4e0cb560b9e25207b5d89f91f1168353.jpg

20260915_182112.jpg.98735d349c307dede8ab8e65f1681e10.jpg

Posted

Some WIPs that have reached a state of Nirvana....

100_3819.JPG.9b3c1a1204995f4154be88f8eea4c5d3.JPG

The 66 Imperial is Bruce Wayne's car from the 1966 Batman movie; I don't think it appeared in the series.  The TR7 is from The New Avengers, driven by Gambit in the Canadian episodes.  Ideally I should have converted it to LHD but you know...

100_3816.JPG.67d77f1d5949287094644a51c4574a01.JPG

Black Merc fintail is black at random, but it could double as an all-purpose screen baddies' car.  The Dinky CF is, well, something else...

100_3817.JPG.c6fba12ae6b7c2450dfbea2eccfcc581.JPG

Fire Truck!  Specifically, the resident fire truck at my fictional banger track.  Shown below with the other track vehicles, the recovery truck and the parade car...

100_3818.JPG.1b2cfd8720ac81be89a25c8606fb1df0.JPG

I'm in fairly advanced stages with a few others too, so you might see those soon.

Posted

Today was really the last day I had to go around and do a last tour before hauling myself back to the UK where responsibility takes over again.

I went to go and see a few relatives and friends around the inner city. I decided to have a waffle (as I must always do) and take a walk around the central part;

20260916_124757.jpg.c9d0ee6c94e2a32b0d3cd666905cded0.jpg

20260916_124133.jpg.a63c8afabb22ba3e51a94a8f1f3f4c7e.jpg

When suddenly, without seeking it, this toy shop jumped out at me:

20260916_125544.jpg.9e868ae8cb9901c253d57d536fde938e.jpg

20260916_125555.jpg.c9305957063dcda938bc6f85da5f0838.jpg

The Porsche is larger than a 1/18. The blue race car to the right of it in the next cabinet is 1/18.

20260916_125627.jpg.60bcbabee9934682f1e69252c2f89903.jpg

20260916_125639.jpg.df6314f85a4d2c945d9a8c393a92367e.jpg

20260916_125653.jpg.866868f8bd0394808a16d84a40c262d8.jpg

20260916_125656.jpg.09858b247b4a2331ab6975c3b5c582f7.jpg

20260916_125712.jpg.382f069ce6551b987b855a5e6e479a22.jpg

20260916_125718.jpg.7fda6679d530749aa0b48b6449c67949.jpg

20260916_125855.jpg.a311772b659455e8d0acc9a83a42aa44.jpg

20260916_125727.jpg.b0faffbc06d0971c97fd86ffef6a1166.jpg

20260916_125731.jpg.7383394b092ffc4adffe09996c8c10ba.jpg

20260916_125906.jpg.30badc06a86f6d2bc0f6272dfb3f6d81.jpg

20260916_125913.jpg.1e2bfa146056413ba470fda9acc44dec.jpg

20260916_125917.jpg.93b25bb6bd8d66e29628b883ecf1b9ef.jpg

20260916_125939.jpg.ab027ca955665618b73db3a856cee1df.jpg

20260916_125943.jpg.cf955ccd0f2f5e63d17199e6f04fc615.jpg

20260916_125945.jpg.154755d827f3131496c37a739a1853f0.jpg

20260916_130001.jpg.ba41a53ded497f3424623c5e5eacfc91.jpg

20260916_130015.jpg.7c1026d54ac12654ebf9c1b1e9807293.jpg

20260916_130047.jpg.bde30e04c92e0ead0a8568d0a89fad4b.jpg

20260916_130117.jpg.c0d3388717c9e764fa14557bbb813351.jpg

20260916_130123.jpg.0a05ffea7c0f1ff40253bbf54429083e.jpg

20260916_130129.jpg.e79286be20edd97f3c37d9ef03118fcb.jpg

20260916_130130.jpg.b8e31b805fb6343c438b99c2f057a831.jpg

20260916_130146.jpg.91fb460c394e1804a069879d0ee9c112.jpg

20260916_130205.jpg.2de1e802282985f0206af89d667463ee.jpg

20260916_130225.jpg.6b2f6947532d4a9ccd788543ae88640b.jpg

20260916_130229.jpg.9f451894bc10f50db29c91703d685c12.jpg

20260916_130302.jpg.1cc45223647c987fa06816c65036f1a9.jpg

20260916_130311.jpg.3a5879e31ba2f6930f37ffb809dd22a9.jpg

20260916_130336.jpg.1d15b35c2faf44183b61c98e23abd962.jpg

20260916_130344.jpg.7430d97047449848ec3ef79cb7ebc329.jpg

20260916_130339.jpg.6ea116a023d4ce57aeb889a9ee931eb9.jpg

20260916_130348.jpg.785f8035d6827cc1adb550a5ae76d5e6.jpg

20260916_130358.jpg.1ba5f77b89fe13dc0be9c9a744fb1a77.jpg

20260916_130401.jpg.bcee49f767032c463f022558f421dcd8.jpg

Thankfully, his prices were way too sky-high for me. Buying anything from there would have cleaned me out. I need to get back to the UK and the BMW doesn't have the best MPGs.

Then, went for a last blast around City 2's Fnac and King Jouet:

20260916_133714.jpg.78e0dc73a7aaf2e9ffbf7aadd937a620.jpg

20260916_133755.jpg.189405e1d234244f9265c407111468dc.jpg

20260916_133826.jpg.5cfb9348c732d97375a2be6e992de1bb.jpg

20260916_133831.jpg.8d28ed1c1313fac8c59833fba82252ac.jpg

20260916_134226.jpg.21261a870418dc0fc098b3dccc704779.jpg

20260916_134228.jpg.54cb2237cc69f3c32f52765cfff34bc8.jpg

20260916_134230.jpg.e082c83ed98c7faf9e8ea06ecd5b0bf0.jpg

20260916_134524.jpg.e399cdbb7038e91edaaf1bcf88e8880f.jpg

20260916_134528.jpg.54b51579fcc80d9ece2852e7207434bd.jpg

20260916_134817.jpg.d9b5bb938c10161f519e127f14eecbc6.jpg

Again, another blow-out. I honestly thought the big Fnac would have some great offerings, but this Fnac have severely limited whats on offer. All cars were by the payment counter, the above Matchbox were in the line to the counter whicb doesn't give you much time to browse unless someone is taking their time.

Next, King Jouet:

20260916_135504.jpg.40ea70f47a363b646ba7d9bed7d03ca3.jpg

20260916_135919.jpg.93f81681907b2aef644cadb468c9bf13.jpg

I helped restock some of these Majorettes for a lady who was working there as I was interested in a bixed Mk1 Mini in the cage was taking stock from.

20260916_140059.jpg.3ff30c6022a0101de4c32b7011003c86.jpg

20260916_140140.jpg.df13136bc41ddcb31f2c52cd2802bb1f.jpg

20260916_140200.jpg.02c25ce5abfac72f31617ee60bb1d917.jpg

20260916_140310.jpg.e9963a71cec932ccdabe21f306e75664.jpg

I sort of felt all this BMW-age I was seeing was like a subliminal message:

20260916_133033.jpg.3f27f54b6878b5a238a1ee089bcdeb08.jpg

Maybe not.

20260916_140447.jpg.450b2f3ba6a490fdd756ba4ea6ed17cc.jpg

20260916_140627.jpg.d5b5c0344651bc8915f152f7dbc4e313.jpg

20260916_140856.jpg.02a7f4e561fdc8aa5526f003cda75550.jpg

20260916_140903.jpg.3c2924e98cace271a3afbf84aec434a3.jpg

20260916_140908.jpg.e8c428c61c0cbfce5ec80518c9bfb165.jpg

20260916_140952.jpg.025e96b32f45cc37d60db491b215bd37.jpg

These are what I grabbed:

Screenshot_20260916_173134_Gallery.jpg.fe2a51359aac627d947956ab81a17be9.jpg

20260916_141259.jpg.3dc2786a09e17de19280d636342b5ce7.jpg

The mini is a particularly decent one. In fact, probably the only decent one I have.

Posted
25 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

Today was really the last day I had to go around and do a last tour before hauling myself back to the UK where responsibility takes over again.

I went to go and see a few relatives and friends around the inner city. I decided to have a waffle (as I must always do) and take a walk around the central part;

20260916_124757.jpg.c9d0ee6c94e2a32b0d3cd666905cded0.jpg

20260916_124133.jpg.a63c8afabb22ba3e51a94a8f1f3f4c7e.jpg

When suddenly, without seeking it, this toy shop jumped out at me:

20260916_125544.jpg.9e868ae8cb9901c253d57d536fde938e.jpg

20260916_125555.jpg.c9305957063dcda938bc6f85da5f0838.jpg

The Porsche is bugger than a 1/18. The blue to the right of it in the next cabinet is 1/18.

20260916_125627.jpg.60bcbabee9934682f1e69252c2f89903.jpg

20260916_125639.jpg.df6314f85a4d2c945d9a8c393a92367e.jpg

20260916_125653.jpg.866868f8bd0394808a16d84a40c262d8.jpg

20260916_125656.jpg.09858b247b4a2331ab6975c3b5c582f7.jpg

20260916_125712.jpg.382f069ce6551b987b855a5e6e479a22.jpg

20260916_125718.jpg.7fda6679d530749aa0b48b6449c67949.jpg

20260916_125727.jpg.b0faffbc06d0971c97fd86ffef6a1166.jpg

20260916_125731.jpg.7383394b092ffc4adffe09996c8c10ba.jpg

20260916_125855.jpg.a311772b659455e8d0acc9a83a42aa44.jpg

20260916_125906.jpg.30badc06a86f6d2bc0f6272dfb3f6d81.jpg

20260916_125913.jpg.1e2bfa146056413ba470fda9acc44dec.jpg

20260916_125917.jpg.93b25bb6bd8d66e29628b883ecf1b9ef.jpg

20260916_125939.jpg.ab027ca955665618b73db3a856cee1df.jpg

20260916_125943.jpg.cf955ccd0f2f5e63d17199e6f04fc615.jpg

20260916_125945.jpg.154755d827f3131496c37a739a1853f0.jpg

20260916_130001.jpg.ba41a53ded497f3424623c5e5eacfc91.jpg

20260916_130015.jpg.7c1026d54ac12654ebf9c1b1e9807293.jpg

20260916_130047.jpg.bde30e04c92e0ead0a8568d0a89fad4b.jpg

20260916_130117.jpg.c0d3388717c9e764fa14557bbb813351.jpg

20260916_130123.jpg.0a05ffea7c0f1ff40253bbf54429083e.jpg

20260916_130129.jpg.e79286be20edd97f3c37d9ef03118fcb.jpg

20260916_130130.jpg.b8e31b805fb6343c438b99c2f057a831.jpg

20260916_130146.jpg.91fb460c394e1804a069879d0ee9c112.jpg

20260916_130205.jpg.2de1e802282985f0206af89d667463ee.jpg

20260916_130225.jpg.6b2f6947532d4a9ccd788543ae88640b.jpg

20260916_130229.jpg.9f451894bc10f50db29c91703d685c12.jpg

20260916_130302.jpg.1cc45223647c987fa06816c65036f1a9.jpg

20260916_130311.jpg.3a5879e31ba2f6930f37ffb809dd22a9.jpg

20260916_130336.jpg.1d15b35c2faf44183b61c98e23abd962.jpg

20260916_130344.jpg.7430d97047449848ec3ef79cb7ebc329.jpg

20260916_130339.jpg.6ea116a023d4ce57aeb889a9ee931eb9.jpg

20260916_130348.jpg.785f8035d6827cc1adb550a5ae76d5e6.jpg

20260916_130358.jpg.1ba5f77b89fe13dc0be9c9a744fb1a77.jpg

20260916_130401.jpg.bcee49f767032c463f022558f421dcd8.jpg

Thankfully, his prices were way too sky-high for me. Buying anything from there would have cleaned me out. I need to get back to the UK and the BMW doesn't have the best MPGs.

Then, went for a last blast around City 2's Fnac and King Jouet:

20260916_133714.jpg.78e0dc73a7aaf2e9ffbf7aadd937a620.jpg

20260916_133755.jpg.189405e1d234244f9265c407111468dc.jpg

20260916_133826.jpg.5cfb9348c732d97375a2be6e992de1bb.jpg

20260916_133831.jpg.8d28ed1c1313fac8c59833fba82252ac.jpg

20260916_134226.jpg.21261a870418dc0fc098b3dccc704779.jpg

20260916_134228.jpg.54cb2237cc69f3c32f52765cfff34bc8.jpg

20260916_134230.jpg.e082c83ed98c7faf9e8ea06ecd5b0bf0.jpg

20260916_134524.jpg.e399cdbb7038e91edaaf1bcf88e8880f.jpg

20260916_134528.jpg.54b51579fcc80d9ece2852e7207434bd.jpg

20260916_134817.jpg.d9b5bb938c10161f519e127f14eecbc6.jpg

Again, another blow-out. I honestly thought the big Fnac would have some great offerings, but this Fnac have severely limited whats on offer. All cars were by the payment counter, the above Matchbox were in the line to the counter whicb doesn't give you much time to browse unless someone is taking their time.

Next, King Jouet:

20260916_135504.jpg.40ea70f47a363b646ba7d9bed7d03ca3.jpg

20260916_135919.jpg.93f81681907b2aef644cadb468c9bf13.jpg

I helped restock some of these Majorettes for a lady who was working there as I was interested in a bixed Mk1 Mini in the cage was taking stock from.

20260916_140059.jpg.3ff30c6022a0101de4c32b7011003c86.jpg

20260916_140140.jpg.df13136bc41ddcb31f2c52cd2802bb1f.jpg

20260916_140200.jpg.02c25ce5abfac72f31617ee60bb1d917.jpg

20260916_140310.jpg.e9963a71cec932ccdabe21f306e75664.jpg

I sort of felt all this BMW-age I was seeing was like a subliminal message:

20260916_133033.jpg.3f27f54b6878b5a238a1ee089bcdeb08.jpg

Maybe not.

20260916_140447.jpg.450b2f3ba6a490fdd756ba4ea6ed17cc.jpg

20260916_140627.jpg.d5b5c0344651bc8915f152f7dbc4e313.jpg

20260916_140856.jpg.02a7f4e561fdc8aa5526f003cda75550.jpg

20260916_140903.jpg.3c2924e98cace271a3afbf84aec434a3.jpg

20260916_140908.jpg.e8c428c61c0cbfce5ec80518c9bfb165.jpg

20260916_140952.jpg.025e96b32f45cc37d60db491b215bd37.jpg

These are what I grabbed:

Screenshot_20260916_173134_Gallery.jpg.fe2a51359aac627d947956ab81a17be9.jpg

20260916_141259.jpg.3dc2786a09e17de19280d636342b5ce7.jpg

The mini is a particularly decent one. In fact, probably the only decent one I have.

There was some serious stuff in that first shop! I wonder how much they actually sell though? Looks pricey.

  • Like 2
Posted

Charity shop finds today...all cars I'd happily drive.

IMG_20260916_165719.jpg.3adb887cc179afd8e860b7c209211639.jpg

Mercedes is a Majorette - Lancia nicely detailed but anon. Rest are Matchbox.

20260916_162722.jpg.e515fbe30d82b71691ba0b63c24b5a7a.jpg

20260916_162757.jpg.67dcf348cdf717ba990969b71d68ec2e.jpg

20260916_162832.jpg.7611764a1fbecbbbee109444d01783ef.jpg

20260916_162851.jpg.49b279e7fe9ed933bfc9cb712f99431a.jpg

20260916_162916.jpg.c6d7407cc8d5d82612bad9a4444bb51f.jpg

Posted
Just now, danthecapriman said:

There was some serious stuff in that first shop! I wonder how much they actually sell though? Looks pricey.

It was very pricey. Some of the boxed examples weren't too bad, 77€ but the Volvos, Capris etc... were 120€ +.

Its an area with heavy foot traffic, I've often driven down there but never really walked.

That massive Porsche was 1199.90€. More than I have ever paid for most of my real cars!

Posted
43 minutes ago, Lord Sterling said:

 

That massive Porsche was 1199.90€. More than I have ever paid for most of my real cars!

😬 blimey! Best of luck to them and all, but who has that sort of money to spend on a single model!? I find £40 distasteful for a single model. 

It’d be good for a wander around in there though. 
That French seller Jumajo would be another I’d love to have a walk through their store. I’m not sure if they actually have a shop or anything though or if it’s purely warehouse.

Posted

I made a comment about ColdWarMotors featuring a Jeep FC-150 rescue, and how I was taken by the truck >> and bought one 🙂

IMG_20260917_073105~2.jpg

IMG_20260917_073142~2.jpg

Well... actually two.

They are from different production phases, blue around 1960 and mustard '63ish ...

IMG_20260917_073125~2.jpg

Blue is early fixed axle, mustard free running wheels...

I'm going to modify the pair.... rebuild the early shell but with the interior of the later one. The base plate of the mustard is thicker profile (pulling the wheels further down from the arches).

Screenshot_20260916-221037~2.jpg

Various wheel options are being mulled over...

Having my 'itchy trigger finger' warmed up, I proceeded to snare this.. 

Screenshot_20260917-080301~3.jpg

I hunted this down because cheep = ruined with $hite paint (it's getting the chem-dip) but complete ✔️

The FC will live on the back, after repaint.....

Plenty to get on with 🫣

🚙💨

Posted

Thought id never find this most hyped of Majorette castings but seems Sainsbury's are getting in more stock of singles and amazingly the Escort was right at the front of the box!

20260917_103738.jpg

Posted
2 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I made a comment about ColdWarMotors featuring a Jeep FC-150 rescue, and how I was taken by the truck >> and bought one 🙂

IMG_20260917_073105~2.jpg

IMG_20260917_073142~2.jpg

Well... actually two.

They are from different production phases, blue around 1960 and mustard '63ish ...

IMG_20260917_073125~2.jpg

Blue is early fixed axle, mustard free running wheels...

I'm going to modify the pair.... rebuild the early shell but with the interior of the later one. The base plate of the mustard is thicker profile (pulling the wheels further down from the arches).

Screenshot_20260916-221037~2.jpg

Various wheel options are being mulled over...

Having my 'itchy trigger finger' warmed up, I proceeded to snare this.. 

Screenshot_20260917-080301~3.jpg

I hunted this down because cheep = ruined with $hite paint (it's getting the chem-dip) but complete ✔️

The FC will live on the back, after repaint.....

Plenty to get on with 🫣

🚙💨

According to Corgi Design Chief Marcel Van Cleamput, yellow 409 was introduced in April 1959 and was replaced by the blue 470 with plastic tilt and suspension in March 1965.

 

Looking forward (!) with interest to seeing this project develop.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted

I'm going slightly deaf with these SHOUTING OUT to me 😮

Screenshot_20260917-121136~2.jpg

Hnnnnng 🫠

🚙💕

#I folded 😋.. £🎯

Posted
21 hours ago, Lord Sterling said:

20260916_140856.jpg.02a7f4e561fdc8aa5526f003cda75550.jpg

20260916_140903.jpg.3c2924e98cace271a3afbf84aec434a3.jpg

 

Interesting to see the big Brick Shop kits are a realistic €49 each, about what I paid for mine but only as part of a deal involving cashback.

The latest Lamborghini one is well over £100, no chance I'm paying that

Posted

Thanks to a tip-off on another forum I discovered another 3D printer of cars I'd never heard of called Richard Rutland. He does a BMW 7-series identical to the one @Six-cylinder used to own so here it is, finished in the proper Luxor Beige, a strange colour that looks gold in sunshine but grey in low light.

BMW_7series_E540JAY.jpg.c2751067d05c8b1a7f4ff411149dede7.jpg

And some more from CMAC. The grey Fiesta is based on one recently found in a neighbour's garage and the others are experiments with a range of glass paints from Aldi. I love the purple P76, and resisted the temptation to pineapple the VWs in favour of a factory look.

Ford_Fiesta_H577LJN.jpg.2c6c1448fa117bf85b05a607c1557d24.jpg

Ford_Fiesta_V174FRJ.jpg.901943a12f4596b91e9ff226484c59f4.jpg

Volkswagen_Vento_R238NNN.jpg.f8a2c6400dcb1ad3b7488649e0df8f76.jpg

Volkswagen_Golf_K744MCD.jpg.5403d7e68187c0a7e0fbf02f86d879fc.jpg

Leyland_P76_PLW286L.jpg.a62a6387912bea278147c6c20a7ead75.jpg

Leyland_P76_PLW286L_1.jpg.548ee476d547a893240418489c624dd8.jpg

 

Posted
11 hours ago, tooSavvy said:

I made a comment about ColdWarMotors featuring a Jeep FC-150 rescue, and how I was taken by the truck >> and bought one 🙂

IMG_20260917_073105~2.jpg

IMG_20260917_073142~2.jpg

Well... actually two.

They are from different production phases, blue around 1960 and mustard '63ish ...

IMG_20260917_073125~2.jpg

Blue is early fixed axle, mustard free running wheels...

I'm going to modify the pair.... rebuild the early shell but with the interior of the later one. The base plate of the mustard is thicker profile (pulling the wheels further down from the arches).

Screenshot_20260916-221037~2.jpg

Various wheel options are being mulled over...

Having my 'itchy trigger finger' warmed up, I proceeded to snare this.. 

Screenshot_20260917-080301~3.jpg

I hunted this down because cheep = ruined with $hite paint (it's getting the chem-dip) but complete ✔️

The FC will live on the back, after repaint.....

Plenty to get on with 🫣

🚙💨

It's  the GCFSE  that bought it but you know Scott can resist a good rescue.

Posted

A Minichamps themed package arrived the other day, many thanks to @bunglebus.

IMG_20260915_211015.jpg.3d59227e15e251364cfa715dd9a7c4a1.jpg

First off, the bug-eyed Scorpio in Aubergine. I've had a mint & boxed Scorp in Tourmaline Green for years but I've always been on the lookout for one in Aubergine to replicate a car my brother had back in the early 2000s. I mean, the bug-eye was always destined to be nailed-on Autoshite material but N479 CVW was peak Autoshite as it was in fairly rare 'Executive' spec, which was, despite the name, actually the pov-spec of these. Which meant cloth trim, steelies and trims, manual rear windows and manual tilt/slide sunroof. Maximum shite points though went to the VM '4-headed monster' turbo-diesel engine together with manual box. Despite which, it was a bit of a hoot to drive.

IMG_20260915_210900.jpg.7e8ffc92f6cb647ba2661d7c4441a8a7.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised at the condition of the model, I know Rich had got rid of a lot of the giffer grot. A quick polish up and IMO it is pretty presentable. I thought I'd have had to touch the paint up a bit but it's fine.

IMG_20260915_210918.jpg.09fe934e6f9b61e2bb4c85b1cbf83376.jpg

IMG_20260915_210823.jpg.8e372cc5e14ca2b346447c39a0ba7799.jpg

Only real issue is a pretty severe case of the dreaded Minichamps rash, which affects a lot of Minichamps models of this era, and I've even had it on cars that were practically hermetically sealed all their lives.

IMG_20260915_210630.jpg.7033800efb66b8433d4289829491a7a1.jpg

IMG_20260915_210653.jpg.64f2cae5d70424b74ed7692f84d81458.jpg

IMG_20260915_210644.jpg.3eff87bb7329fe6c6b424a4acdfc1611.jpg

IMG_20260915_202807.jpg.8dcf9676001e1258cc9c81b042a75d7d.jpg

Rich had done a great job on the minging interior, a quick swizz with a wet wipe in the nooks and crannies, and all is good. Love the Minichamps interiors of this era. (I did get a small dab of glue onto the dash clock sticker and stuck it back down after this was taken)

IMG_20260915_202754.jpg.9d584474363e91900358f78159a7212f.jpg

In all, well chuffed, especially for 50p! I intend to get some plates made up with my brother's reg number on, and I might even treat it to a pair of cheapo ebay 3D printed mirrors!

IMG_20260915_205939.jpg.51894e37802fecf70d144387c10e452e.jpg

The Mondeo is lovely! I already have the eye-popping Citrine yellow Mk1 saloon version and have wanted a hatchback version for a while. I thought at first that this was part of the 'Car of the Year 1994' promo boxed version, as I thought that was the only Mallard Green Mondeo they did, but it seems that going by the Ford logo on the box, this one's a dealer packaged version. Which is good, as I do like a dealer model.

IMG_20260915_205235.jpg.afa46ec7a2c9d1d234b65bb64d6bc3d9.jpg

As said before, it's in lovely condition, doesn't look like it's ever been out of the clear case.

IMG_20260915_204703_edit_290613542730545.jpg.44dc57a70ed6b9a677e5ea8e13a9c165.jpg

IMG_20260915_205020_edit_290599184891020.jpg.a59ea408cde46f5fb43ea8f016dcb39d.jpg

IMG_20260915_204721.jpg.859cb3a468aa96fa9601d4f9fc8d5b53.jpg

IMG_20260915_205404.jpg.dc45daf476b94395fc962f7416d6f3a7.jpg

IMG_20260915_205632.jpg.b1f1d9ec3b7c1e92de5c799341c20e94.jpg

An amazing £2.00 worth, love it!

Thanks again to Rich for the aid package. (Needed more than ever this week...)

Posted
8 hours ago, quicksilver said:

Thanks to a tip-off on another forum I discovered another 3D printer of cars I'd never heard of called Richard Rutland. He does a BMW 7-series identical to the one @Six-cylinder used to own so here it is, finished in the proper Luxor Beige, a strange colour that looks gold in sunshine but grey in low light.

BMW_7series_E540JAY.jpg.c2751067d05c8b1a7f4ff411149dede7.jpg

And some more from CMAC. The grey Fiesta is based on one recently found in a neighbour's garage and the others are experiments with a range of glass paints from Aldi. I love the purple P76, and resisted the temptation to pineapple the VWs in favour of a factory look.

Ford_Fiesta_H577LJN.jpg.2c6c1448fa117bf85b05a607c1557d24.jpg

Ford_Fiesta_V174FRJ.jpg.901943a12f4596b91e9ff226484c59f4.jpg

Volkswagen_Vento_R238NNN.jpg.f8a2c6400dcb1ad3b7488649e0df8f76.jpg

Volkswagen_Golf_K744MCD.jpg.5403d7e68187c0a7e0fbf02f86d879fc.jpg

Leyland_P76_PLW286L.jpg.a62a6387912bea278147c6c20a7ead75.jpg

Leyland_P76_PLW286L_1.jpg.548ee476d547a893240418489c624dd8.jpg

 

Good to see another E32 BMW model.

I try to keep my collection to 1:43 scale and this is my Gama BMW E32.

PXL_20260917_144137955 broad.jpg

_1140625 broad.jpg

Posted

This just arrived. Amongst other things I collect the best example I can find of toy cars I had as a kid. I fondly remember the Challenger as a favourite to play with and this is pretty much mint for £4 posted!

IMG_1063.jpeg.33087110bcfc8ca2d139d6a2340a22d6.jpegIMG_1064.jpeg.9e4867b11b4f3130da99822d40156159.jpeg

Posted

Must have been posted from Australia. That or I can’t work out how to right side them!

  • Haha 2
Posted

Playing catch-up here, really - but safe to say, you weren't missing a lot from last week's market.

Nothing of interest on the Charity Stall, and nothing I haven't already posted up from the Antiques Shitshow, general giffer tat stalls, or from Alan's Emporium. 

Colin on the Irish Tat Stall had some more Hot Wheels from his Dundalk haul, but it seems to be diminishing returns:

IMG_20260911_0848482.jpg.803d00332ea4bd2f3d50b35f29c15a15.jpg

Yeah, going rather heavier on the fantasy castings and toon'd renderings of actual cars here. 

IMG_20260911_0849452.jpg.b287142852489e6f5417bbafff06a51e.jpg

Not that it's a bad thing, it's just not really my thing. 

Although... 

IMG_20260911_0849122.jpg.c43027075ed9040be71ef0eb6a3f05f5.jpg

[*pause for dramatic foreshadowing*] 

This seemed to be the oldest example in the latest arrivals - a 1995 release of the Mighty Rig according to the card - but with a plastic body, minimal detailing and peculiar cement mixer geometry, I found it strangely resistable all the same. 

IMG_20260911_0848382.jpg.ea7aa25af47605b2f4f7a4015d30a599.jpg

Some fresh Matchbox offerings, though:

IMG_20260911_0849532.jpg.9f5e3b0e48988698049ba381dccea927.jpg

The 'County Rescue' series seems to be some recoloured castings made into a retailer-exclusive set of six fire themed vehicles - though apparently Walmart didn't sell enough of them in 2024, as they're trickling through independent distributor channels now. 

So, obviously I didn't buy anything. 

Well... 

IMG_20260911_0901402.jpg.ec795ed9a409a630d4bbb9dadf40313b.jpg

OK, just a few things.

IMG_20260911_0902052.jpg.5f42f0ebb137c4b53cdfd776d4fca736.jpg

I got to ponder my life choices over a cinnamon bun and coffee overlooking a rather grey River Lagan. 

Later, I swung past B&M:

IMG_20260911_1000062.jpg.c8d605181d2ca9014c2490661502a838.jpg

Some more recent Hot Wheels mainlines, but not many. Matchbox is all pretty stale. 

IMG_20260911_0955312.jpg.b20a171bdcba387dc80d1b3599476c39.jpg

They did, however, have a new display of the Thrill Climbers Premiums from a few months back. 

IMG_20260911_0956412.jpg.616a5b6fdeaaa909720ac47aa4259fad.jpg

And some mild hoking behind the other stuff revealed these:

IMG_20260911_0958162.jpg.3192cffeb4d6641750c7374d761a6151.jpg

I suspect these Simpsons Car Premiums had been stashed for later pickup by persons unknown, as they were fairly well concealed on an upper shelf. 

Finally, a stop at Smyths revealed some of the latest Boulevard releases:

IMG_20260911_1013552.jpg.0ddbf66911ef1214cdafa1c4692f5f16.jpg

Nice, but I didn't.

Also, the two Road Trip releases I'd dithered about last time:

IMG_20260911_1013222.jpg.4171ea341d6bf81c44d62c7dc0b2aad4.jpg

Nnnngh... again, nice but £9 each just feels like a lot these days. 

New Team Transports, too:

IMG_20260911_1015042.jpg.3a6ab3ee12acf6929ccbecaf7e1b980c.jpg

Porsche set was appealing, though the 944's Shell decor looked a bit dot-matrix. 

IMG_20260911_1019132.jpg.0c1dc6629b1f9a8e55fc532ecdc200d4.jpg

Moon Racing set also looked good - a rare set where I liked all of the vehicles.

So, what did I pick? 

IMG_20260911_102437.jpg.06c4c41e7b1007c898d9ef5792b76212.jpg

White Civic looks great, and I simply couldn't pass it up. 

The Camaro off-roader with matching truck finally won me over, with its reduction to £13. 

The cashier scanned the Civic, peered at his screen, then said "oh, you get one of these with the Hot Wheels..." before delving into a box behind the counter and handing me this:

IMG_20260911_1024582.jpg.d72c0e61690c7235a772d48aa2729bb3.jpg

Well, alright - not castings I'd have chosen, maybe, but a free 3-pack is a free 3-pack.

Overall haul, then:

IMG_20260911_1116432.jpg.7873ac17a1cb897f8cfceac5218a984a.jpg

Oops. 

Posted

I have split my two FC-150 Jeep.

IMG_20260918_122006~2.jpg

Tyres on blue were soft OK... mustard were cheese and tore off 🫤

Both plastic screens are good but mustard better.... Will swap out c/w red interior.

Rivets were licked slowly down with my battery drill, my brand new drill pack are razor sharp and I could strip the rivets very gingerly 🎯

I'm going to wet n dry the chipped area (roof only tbf) then test a flat primer to see if we get a reaction.

We Will See

#I'm drawn towards VeeDub orange 🤔

🚙💨

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...