What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Have you seen the Audi scrolling indicators yet? I saw my first in April last year over in Ireland, then saw exactly 4 more in the following year, now in the last Month I've lost count, probably a couple of dozen, I think this in happening as the cars move onto their second owners.

I've seen them for a good few years. Other manufacturers seem to be copying them now too. I think even Lexus now have them.

I wonder how long it'll be before Audi indicators are an aftermarket accessory like Lexus lights were?

I've seen them for a good few years. Other manufacturers seem to be copying them now too. I think even Lexus now have them.

I wonder how long it'll be before Audi indicators are an aftermarket accessory like Lexus lights were?

They already are: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292273039481

It’s clever of Audi to make indicator lights into a “fuck you, peasants, look at me” thing in order to encourage their customers to use them occasionally.

They already are: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292273039481

It’s clever of Audi to make indicator lights into a “fuck you, peasants, look at me” thing in order to encourage their customers to use them occasionally.

From that advert: Attention: Please need to put Wire to straighten, wire can not touch the wire, wire also can not touch the chip, or it will burn out, pls kindly take note it.

Glad that's cleared it up then... lol

Lovely weekend - had my daughter since 5 last night , she’s in a good mood and fantastic fun to be with ( been ill recently)

It’s cracking the flags here and we have been cruising around in the mx5 .

After I drop the daughter off , my newest lady friend is stopping over for the first time , drinkies in the fridge and movies all ready .

Could be an A+ weekend I would say

Didn't the Mustang have scrolling indicators in the late '60s?  I'm sure some kind of obscure '70s Toyota had them as well.

I saw them in a local petrol station a few years ago, they were on IIRC a Cadillac Eldorado*.

* spellcheck will have that as "Adorable".  Fair enough :)

Had some paintwork done on the Sunny and collected it today:

40888615230_c1e74566c9_c.jpg

Fresh from the paintshop by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Very pleased with it. A rusty patch on the tailgate and the inevitable bits on the arches and sills have all been dealt with, and it was also treated to a machine polish.

A little bit of easy stuff left for me to do, like repaint the wheels and and get something on the bumpers then it'll be good for FOTU.

The work cost me more than I initially paid for it back in 2016, and added to what I spent on it at the last MoT I could have gone out and bought something quite decent, but with its low mileage, clean interior and good history it deserves a bit of TLC. Also I'm pretty happy with my fleet as it stands - my four fun cars tick different boxes and I know that if I got anything else I'd have to get rid of one of the current ones (and I don't know which of them I'd want to let go).

Could get used to this weather right enough. If the British summer* could be relied upon I personally would never go abroad again. At least not until winter. Elmo the Saab has been taking advantage and topping up his tan (interior) toplessly (see what I did there?) after much fixerating and tinkering. Quite a few £££'s and hours spent, but worth it IMO. Will this sublime weather last?

Err, Countryfile seven day forcast says no.

Oh well. Summer* isn't over yet........

post-5532-0-56135200-1528715143_thumb.png

I am swanning about in Mercedes Benz splendour, roof off and air con on - save the planet? I should think not!

:)

Don't feel too guilty. I had the roof down with air-con in our rental Mustang while driving through Death Valley when it was 48C outside. Air conditioning was surprisingly effective!

Pleased to know the 205 has test! Nice one on the commitment.

In other news my friend, who always had a go at me for buying cars just won an eBay auction for a 2002 BMW M3 he hasn't looked at, for £8400. I don't think my entire car history has cost me that....

Guest Hooli

Coming home from shite fest, opening my letters and finding a cheque for over £2k from a PPI claim :)

Best bit is the only one I knew I had which is from longer ago is still going through :)

Now I need to resist spending it on chod.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I recently had 7 months on the sick with poorly back, though obviously that's not a grin. I am fortunate enough to get full pay for 6 months and 1/2 for the next 6 months so finance was largely unchanged while I was off. While I was close to going back to work I went through bank accounts etc and found out sickness was covered by the mortgage protection. A phone call to a nice Irish girl revealed it also covers the overdraft facility I don't use! For reasons I don't understand they paid out the mortgage at about 130% for 7 months and the unused overdraft at about £13 a day for 3 months. 

I was just under £1000 a month better off on the sick than at work. Marvellous things these protection plans!  :-D