Jump to content

Bad Rolls Royces


Recommended Posts

Posted

A good Rolls Royce looks glorious doesn’t it, a celebration of craftsmanship. But the ones that fascinate me are the ones that are real turds, luridly modified, bad colours and uneconomical to fix faults like this one. 
 

Who paints the tyre brands on a Rolls/Bentley…

https://ebay.io/m/bLn0tt

Posted

Esp in dog knob red with a matching dash top:

Picture 10 of 17

At least it'll be easy to track down the first owner

I'm considerably richer than you" #90sIn5Words

Posted

Just because one has money doesn’t mean one has taste. 
I remember seeing a sun bleached RR in Greenwich park as a kid with missing hubcaps on black steel wheels. Soo cool. I aspire to own one to this day. 

  • Like 2
Posted
20 minutes ago, N Dentressangle said:

Esp in dog knob red with a matching dash top:

Picture 10 of 17

At least it'll be easy to track down the first owner

I'm considerably richer than you" #90sIn5Words

That tasteful* red top roll will reflect like fuck in t'windscreen, innit!

Posted

The service sticker on the quarter light, that is hardly readable, and in one photos of the front the Lucas box. That is not in the other images.

I love the dehumidifier bag hanging like a travel sickness bag for the rear passenger,

The tyres are standard with white lettering

https://www.nexentire.com/uk/product/suv/roadian-ht.php

The MOT history is not so bad. a small number of failures for minor things bonus,  not any rust noted.

  • Like 2
Posted
44 minutes ago, N Dentressangle said:

Esp in dog knob red with a matching dash top:

Picture 10 of 17

At least it'll be easy to track down the first owner

I'm considerably richer than you" #90sIn5Words

Complimented by some £7.99 mats from Halfords. 

Posted
9 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The service sticker on the quarter light, that is hardly readable, and in one photos of the front the Lucas box. That is not in the other images.

I love the dehumidifier bag hanging like a travel sickness bag for the rear passenger,

The tyres are standard with white lettering

https://www.nexentire.com/uk/product/suv/roadian-ht.php

The MOT history is not so bad. a small number of failures for minor things bonus,  not any rust noted.

100% no damp or water ingress issues. 100% 😂

Posted

Do you think they still call these by their nick name at rolls royce car shows in 2026? The answer is yes as I heard someone say it on a youtube video last week.

Car Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III 1964 for sale - PostWarClassic

  • Like 3
Posted

This one used to be sat festering at the road side down in Eastney, Portsmouth for many years. Never seemed to move and gradually got worse and worse over the years. Being on a main road though must’ve been road legal.

IMG_0209.jpeg.9a38a88d87cb0f8bbfaf099996af4609.jpeg

IMG_0210.jpeg.9b9c0b2c3fc63a4f70859118c609df91.jpeg

It did eventually disappear though. Presumably weighed in or stripped for bits. It was a bit of a mess in the end and as often seems the case with cars like this, repair and running costs most likely killed it. They end up worth far more in parts than as a car. 
I actually had a guy in America ask if I could collect old Rolls and Bentley’s and break them for him years back! He wanted me to collect them, strip them down and send container loads of the parts over to him in the states. 
I had to pass though as I had nowhere to do it!

  • Like 2
Posted
1 hour ago, danthecapriman said:

I actually had a guy in America ask if I could collect old Rolls and Bentley’s and break them for him years back! He wanted me to collect them, strip them down and send container loads of the parts over to him in the states. 
I had to pass though as I had nowhere to do it!

Drive them to an ex Eastern Block county first.😉

Posted
13 hours ago, sierraman said:

A good Rolls Royce looks glorious doesn’t it, a celebration of craftsmanship. But the ones that fascinate me are the ones that are real turds, luridly modified, bad colours and uneconomical to fix faults like this one. 
 

Who paints the tyre brands on a Rolls/Bentley…

https://ebay.io/m/bLn0tt

I quite like that. This era of Rolls/Bentley are a bargain ATM. Much better than the previous Silver Shadow.

Posted

Id rather have the red Silver Spirit in the first picture (anyone spot the dodgy sills) than the satin grey example. A prime case for 'Just Because You Can.....'.

Posted

Sod the roller, what’s this lurking behind?

IMG_0192.png.5587abf3895b597940d5731686b4967d.png

  • Like 2
Posted
13 hours ago, sierraman said:

A good Rolls Royce looks glorious doesn’t it, a celebration of craftsmanship. But the ones that fascinate me are the ones that are real turds, luridly modified, bad colours and uneconomical to fix faults like this one. 
 

Who paints the tyre brands on a Rolls/Bentley…

https://ebay.io/m/bLn0tt

Gonna start doing this on my Leafs

GRENLANDER

Posted

I feel like most modern Rollers sway far closer to garish than classy.

img.jpg.542facadf7ffb10e6d163c6e0e62afdc.jpg

images(9).jpeg.819eb3aed3b5581b938fdb3679e418d3.jpeg

0_ABM_2805.jpg.36e8f784928afab98c257c9a38d03d61.jpg

Not that gaudy Rollers are a new thing...

RR_MainImage.jpg.5c3043e64a20d40909cd368087121018.jpg

0fde82edb4a94037146bd2545e075a65.jpg.1925c762f4b2bda54d2e15ad82844c27.jpg

image-placeholder-title.jpg.d9a6a2c696b8ee1667ca7d4ed18a3a18.jpg

Posted

yep the right colour and condition and they are indeed glorious 

IMG_2390.JPG

Posted

This Silver Shad was owned by the proprietor of Longstone Classic Tyres for a while.

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11796.jpg.c3f62ae4938fa9f0ef64f0dee6c25257.jpg

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11798.jpg.ce696d51089db00320f806cba165c976.jpg

Vinyl top, front spoiler, whitewall tyres  8-track player, "Parkertex" velvet interior in red. Live the 70s porn star dream, moustache obligatory.

Posted
2 hours ago, Dabooka said:

Sod the roller, what’s this lurking behind?

IMG_0192.png.5587abf3895b597940d5731686b4967d.png

Early 70s Chrysler?

Posted
14 hours ago, cort16 said:

Do you think they still call these by their nick name at rolls royce car shows in 2026? The answer is yes as I heard someone say it on a youtube video last week.

Car Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud III 1964 for sale - PostWarClassic

Is the nick name lacist?

Posted
10 hours ago, Kiltox said:

Gonna start doing this on my Leafs

GRENLANDER

I would. Adds that bit of finesse 

Posted
8 hours ago, captain_70s said:

This Silver Shad was owned by the proprietor of Longstone Classic Tyres for a while.

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11796.jpg.c3f62ae4938fa9f0ef64f0dee6c25257.jpg

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11798.jpg.ce696d51089db00320f806cba165c976.jpg

Vinyl top, front spoiler, whitewall tyres  8-track player, "Parkertex" velvet interior in red. Live the 70s porn star dream, moustache obligatory.

People forget they didn’t always come with leather. 

Posted
9 hours ago, captain_70s said:

This Silver Shad was owned by the proprietor of Longstone Classic Tyres for a while.

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11796.jpg.c3f62ae4938fa9f0ef64f0dee6c25257.jpg

rolls-royce-silver-shadow_11798.jpg.ce696d51089db00320f806cba165c976.jpg

Vinyl top, front spoiler, whitewall tyres  8-track player, "Parkertex" velvet interior in red. Live the 70s porn star dream, moustache obligatory.

Very Jason King.

Posted
50 minutes ago, sierraman said:

People forget they didn’t always come with leather. 

Older limousines usually had West of England cloth in the back and leather for the driver.

  • Agree 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...