Bad Obsession Motorsport - Binky

Micrashed

Anyone else following this build project on You Tube? Ive found it both fun and very interesting so far.

Toyota Celica 2.0GT Turbo 4x4 grafted into a Mini....

• 2 months later...

Love this video series, I can't help but call them totally mental in my head several times each episode but the stuff they come up with is brilliant. I sincerely hope that they do another series with another car when Binky is finished.

I think a lot of the "innovation" is done to aid the publicity for BOM as much as "just for the hell of it". Its bloody good though.

I'm sure the whole 'show' is a marketing ruse; they are two engineers/mechanics yet the show has been pretty tight, well produced and funny right off the bat with episode one, if someone told me that there wasn't a professional or two behind the scenes I wouldn't believe them. If the whole thing is a marketing thing then props to whoever set it up as it's damn near perfect in that respect. I don't care either way, it's very entertaining regardless.

Guest Bad Obsession

I'm sure the whole 'show' is a marketing ruse; they are two engineers/mechanics yet the show has been pretty tight, well produced and funny right off the bat with episode one, if someone told me that there wasn't a professional or two behind the scenes I wouldn't believe them. If the whole thing is a marketing thing then props to whoever set it up as it's damn near perfect in that respect. I don't care either way, it's very entertaining regardless.

Thanks for all the comments. We're having a blast bringing this project to you all. 

We can assure you that there's no professionals behind the scenes at all. It's just two 'normal' blokes from Shropshire doing their weekend project, only filming it as we go along. Neither of us had any prior film-making experience and the while thing is produced with about £800 worth of gear and a £70 piece of editing software. And time, lots of time. It takes on average 4 hours of post production for every minute of video. We are quite literally making the whole thing up as we go along so it's very flattering that you might think there's some brains behind it all when there really isn't. 

We're utterly blown away by the enthusiastic response; we genuinely thought we might get a few hundred views, so to crack a million a few weeks ago is just a little bit humbling to be honest. 

Anyway, thanks for watching, we'll get back to getting episode 9 up as soon as we can. 

Cheers. 

Thanks for all the comments. We're having a blast bringing this project to you all. 

We can assure you that there's no professionals behind the scenes at all. It's just two 'normal' blokes from Shropshire doing their weekend project, 

There is nowt normal about grafting a 4x4 Celica into a mini body and all the fabrication you are doing.

I think were all pretty blown away by the fabrication skillorz you are demonstrating, and only possibly all of us sat there thinking "that needs pumping full of cavity wax" when looking at sections being welded up ( but then this is a forum for shit old cars where rust is the enemy, and normally the most exciting thing that happens here is Mr Bo11ox revives a kettle series Rover from the dead).

Well done.

I realised that I can stream YouTube to my new Xbox one.

Within minutes, Mrs_Pillock was watching Episode 1 of Binky. She enjoyed it but wants to know why the car was named after Death's Horse

I'm going to turf the boy off Forza in a sec and watch some more.