Late registration madness

Mash

5 minutes ago, brownnova said:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/373995142640831/permalink/6822451104461837/

There you go! I have to admit it very much appeals! 

AE9DFB4E-C5C6-46EF-BF3F-F1A3A659C7FD.png

Thank you. I'm normally very good at searching and finding stuff. We're putting the house up on the market shortly and don't have a drive, so I really don't need any old cars (I've just got the fleet down to 3), but I do like this.

I like the "MOT Expired not long ago". I was thinking last week or even last month. I didn't think he meant 4 months ago 😂

2 hours ago, forbeslongden said:

263633208_4384765298258945_2431945669570036706_n.thumb.jpg.471490b805f7d86966ea107ca2154495.jpg

Seems quite late for such a boxy van...

That's pretty much in the middle of the import run. It's a second generation phase 2  Fiorino. Production of this model started in 1994 and imports into the UK ceased in 2001 but it continued to be sold in South America until 2014.

19 hours ago, brownnova said:

Just seen this for sale on Facebook… a P Reg W124! Thats a late one isn’t it?! Sure the W201 had begun by then… 

75CC9102-C88F-4144-BF0A-66C2C8800B2C.jpeg

W201 was the C-class, not a direct replacement for the W124, which was the E-class.  However, the W210 (e-class replacement) was well into production, as they were available on an N, so this has hung around for at least a year, if not a bit more, before being registered.

12 minutes ago, Talbot said:

W201 was the C-class, not a direct replacement for the W124, which was the E-class.  However, the W210 (e-class replacement) was well into production, as they were available on an N, so this has hung around for at least a year, if not a bit more, before being registered.

Somewhere buried deep in my mind is a note almost faded away that says estate production lasted longer than saloons.

53 minutes ago, Talbot said:

Ah yeah, Meant W210… the one I have.

Getting my 0 and 1s mixed up. Best never get involved in binary code! 

4 hours ago, Talbot said:

Nearly.  W201 was the 190, first C-class was the W202.

/<pedant> 😉

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 30/10/2021 at 16:36, LightBulbFun said:

Pinched from Facebook :) (I know not technically late registration madness since they are still made, but its still amusing to see a 71 plate on what is a 1970's car, one of the few vintage cars left still in production)

image.thumb.png.f23005aa16962eb1ea331c4a832485fa.png

its nice to see that the guy who suddenly decided to start importing them is actually selling some! (this is the first one since that venture I have seen outside of the 21 plate Demonstrator thats well known)

If I had the means id love to get one :) (https://lada4x4.co.uk/ id get a base with steel wheels, although probably see if I could spec Air conditioning because im soft like that)

along similar lines and also pinched from facebook, I present the 70 plate bread loaf :) 

image.thumb.png.50943f96d0e1b174ec1a71de757ba4ce.png

awesome to see someone was autoshite enough to import one of these in this day and age :) (its a UAZ 452 which they have been making contiously since 1965, I have always wanted to see someone bring over a brand new one, so its neat to see that finally LOL)

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Yoss said:

Shame they cut a big hole in the bumper then isn't it? 

Definitely. If you're on Briskoda then you may know it as BossFox's car. It was running a fair amount of power with one of those front mount intercoolers IIRC.

1 minute ago, Yoss said:

I used to go there quite a lot but the Fav/Felly section became quite dormant so I don't really bother now. I still check it once a month to make sure the monthly meet is on but that's about it. 

I thought I recognised your username!

2 minutes ago, Yoss said:

I know why they cut holes in the poor things, I just wish they wouldn't. 

Agreed. Especially when they do a shite job of it because "scene, innit".

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

I saw a Peugeot 406 today....

On an 11 plate!!! 

RX11 FRZ

I was a passenger but couldn't get a photo in time just passing 

image.thumb.png.dfe5018ac0e95ff6366f490e5bcbb189.png

MOT history measures the miles in KM, I'm thinking an import???

Edit - to add to the enigma, some of it is in miles...

1 hour ago, AnnoyingPentium said:

image.thumb.png.dfe5018ac0e95ff6366f490e5bcbb189.png

MOT history measures the miles in KM, I'm thinking an import???

Edit - to add to the enigma, some of it is in miles...

I've looked into it a bit further, it comes up as not an import and was not used prior to registration. 🤔

I now notice it mainly being in KM too

There's a couple of posts on other forums about this very car with similarly bemused people (if you type in the reg to Google you'll see them)

Couldn't find any explanations from anyone nor the owner posting about it anywhere

The question is why on earth was a non-uk pug 406 that wasn't imported stored in this country and not registered until 2011!? 

I didn't see whether it was LHD or RHD which may have given some pointers. It wasn't too far from me but not exactly local either, when I'm next passing it I'll try to suss out if it's LHD or RHD :)