Late registration madness

Mash

I've seen an M registered Peugeot 205 in Conwy, but I've never managed to get a shot of it.

I've also seen K and L plated Amazons - considering the very last 120 came off the line in 1970 (and the 140 series started in '68, so the factory was on an Amazon wind down) that's a fair bit of NOS lying around, unless they were re imported CKD kits that came back from South Africa.

I think there's one '59 Amazon in the country as well. It has a 3 speed gearbox.

The 205 3dr went up to P reg to sell off the 3dr bodys from GTi over production of the shells. Most were TD's or 1.4 models..

• 1 month later...

I'm sure half the spots in this thread are of cars just about to go bilking fuel.

Like the Corsa on OMG POLICE INTERCEPTOR THUGS where the owner had "cleverly" changed the 02 plate to an 82 plate. Why would anyone stockpile a Pug 306?

Edit: Having said that, the registrations either side of it are the same model - 306 L (I've never seen just an L before). Maybe a batch order for MoD, Police or something?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

spotted this last weekend in the leafy Chilterns. Piloted by a suitably ancient giffer, note missing hubcap and gaffer taped bumpers

Not horrifically late and my lads were nagging "what you taking a picture of that crap for" "exackerly" was my response

IMAG0811_zpsa120abb3.jpg

Doovla says

The vehicle details for N842 DRP are:

Date of Liability 01 07 2013 Date of First Registration 04 12 1999 Year of Manufacture 1996 Cylinder Capacity (cc) 1300cc CO2 Emissions Not Available Fuel Type PETROL Export Marker N Vehicle Status Licence Due to Expire Vehicle Colour BLACK Vehicle Type Approval

Not Available

Took 3 years to sell!! That has to be the ultimate in miserable motoring

Ex MOD ? again ?

Wow an R-reg cav!!! That's a good one. I saw an 05 plate mk1 focus today, when did the Mk2 come out?

The crossover was 54 but a few stragglers managed to make it to 05s. The shape that replaced it came in on 57 but I passed a 58-plate prefacelift ex Police estate minicabbing near here

Someone who stayed in the same town as my folks for years had a P reg Cavalier, not only was it both uber rare and brilliant for the lateness of the reg but it was a 1.7 TD CDX saloon, the reg was P235 RGG

It was probably I think so late registered because it was sold new by a small Vauxhall dealer who operated in the same area as a massive out of town retail park based Arnie Clark Vauxhall, (Ferguson of Renfrew, cms206 probably remembers them) some years later I saw another late reg car sold by them in the "trade ins to go to auction" compound of the aforementioned AC dealers, a prefacelift 53 plate mk4 Astra SXI, (the facelift came out on a 52 plate and for anyone thinking the mk4 Astra was never facelifted, what I mean is the SXi/SRi models from 52 plate were different in a few ways from earlier models but this 53 was like the earlier ones)

• 3 weeks later...

Judging from the 'patchwork' effect of that I'd guess it was possibly made out of NOS bits?

DVLA says it has tax, and was built in 1972, but registered on 3/12/82. It's a V8, and maroon apparently. IOM/Jersey import?

Impressive, anyway.

Judging from the 'patchwork' effect of that I'd guess it was possibly made out of NOS bits?

DVLA says it has tax, and was built in 1972, but registered on 3/12/82. It's a V8, and maroon apparently. IOM/Jersey import?

Impressive, anyway.

It was certainly interesting.  It's actually LHD- I didn't think P6s were really popular abroad? Where do you reckon it's come from?